Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Re: The AV Videos: READ THE -OP- AND THREAD BEFORE POSTING!

Quote Originally Posted by Avelain
    was it job abilities in general or job abilities that were used on AV directly that caused it 2hr?

and uh, i guess it's okay for pld's to flash for hate right? does it provoke a reaction from AV?
    Quote Originally Posted by Page55
    yep, we've used some JA's and WS's (sneak/trick, flee, spirits within), he didn't seem to react to them instantly, it just seemed as if he has a mind of his own
    Did they engage AV immediately, or attempt to hold it for a while as people changed jobs?
    we sac'd for about 15 minutes before starting

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by fndragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Spira
    this guys sig screenshot seems to support the notion that Benediction is only reactionary (TP2Hr).

linking to it for those who wanna see or its gonna eat all its bandwidth up...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/dip08/AV.jpg

edit: of course, i dunno when the screenie was taken but i only saw it recently.. and it only shows that bene can be a TP2Hr but not necessarily not a normal 2HR but you cant really prove a negativee.. so yea
    I see your screenshot and raise you a KupoLS screenshot showing the non-reactionary benediction:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/ ... g_0035.png

Edit: this was from ~13 pages back. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?p=934729#p934729
    There are 3 different elements being thrown at AV in there, and immediately afterwards a Dia that seemed to have triggered Mijin. My guess is that either the "readies" was chatfiltered out, or that even though he didn't "ready" them, it was still reactionary.

-.-beat

Sorry we didnt get a chance to test any AV theories yesterday, too many people had to leave do to that made-up holiday. We will resume testing next time :O

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Any idea what HP% this is? Assuming its one of those fixed HP% 2Hrs, its actually pretty early into the fight. He has around 120K HP.... if oldwiki is to be believed.. so 27k/120k seems to be a little under 80% HP.

This could suggest he has a % based actual 2Hr tier. 1 at 80%, and maybe one at 60, 40 and 20...

Theres also one immediately before he dies, if the video is to be trusted...

Given that people have mentioned the 80% Manafont thing, maybe the 80% 2Hr varies between WHM and BLM and some other job...

Space Pope
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien
    Quote Originally Posted by fndragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Spira
    this guys sig screenshot seems to support the notion that Benediction is only reactionary (TP2Hr).

linking to it for those who wanna see or its gonna eat all its bandwidth up...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/dip08/AV.jpg

edit: of course, i dunno when the screenie was taken but i only saw it recently.. and it only shows that bene can be a TP2Hr but not necessarily not a normal 2HR but you cant really prove a negativee.. so yea
    I see your screenshot and raise you a KupoLS screenshot showing the non-reactionary benediction:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/ ... g_0035.png

Edit: this was from ~13 pages back. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?p=934729#p934729
    There are 3 different elements being thrown at AV in there, and immediately afterwards a Dia that seemed to have triggered Mijin. My guess is that either the "readies" was chatfiltered out, or that even though he didn't "ready" them, it was still reactionary.

-.-beat
    Maybe, although the point was that Bene was a TP2hr move only. I don't think the chat filters missed it either: See the Wynavs' Mijin Gakure in the screenshot as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by rikkitikkitavi
    Sorry we didnt get a chance to test any AV theories yesterday, too many people had to leave do to that made-up holiday. We will resume testing next time :O
    "Sorry babe, I have to cancel Valentine's dinner, LS needs me for Absolute Virtue."

It works, I swear.

(now for something useful~)

Way back in the day...was it determined that AV's max HP drops as you kill him (based on Benes at various %s), or was it simply chalked up to different AVs with different total HPs?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

"Summary" is finished, please continue thread there.