Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Doll Festival 2008 (wow They really love torturing us c.c)

The 2008 edition of that Far Eastern tradition, the Doll Festival, is just around the corner! Pretty pink flowers will be in full bloom in all three nation's capitals to welcome and delight citizens and visitors alike. Be sure to take extra care not to lose yourself in the refined elegance exuded by Far Eastern-style decorative screens and parasols, kupo.

But that's not all, folks! The MHMU will be sending gifts to all you good boys and girls out there--no, it's not magical rice cakes this year but something even better, kupo. For 2008 we have festival-exclusive furnishings! Liven up your Mog House with your very own "Festival Doll" and "Bonbori" lantern! Trust us; this is bound to be better fun than prancing around as a little girl.

So throw away your inhibitions and join in all the revelry Doll Festival 2008 has to offer, kupo!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...859/2859_0.jpg

Illustration by Mitsuhiro Arita

Regarding the Delivery of "Festival Doll" and "Bonbori" lantern.

- Item delivery will commence from February 21, 2008. As the delivery time may vary, we ask for your patience.
    - Only characters that were created prior to February 18, 2008 are eligible to receive the items.
    - If you are planning to utilize the World Transfer service, please be sure to accept delivery of the gift items beforehand. Your eligibility to receive the items will be lost following the transfer.
    - Items may not be properly delivered to characters whose delivery box contains more than 256 items.
    - Should you return your item, it will not be possible to obtain a replacement.

Decoration Locations

The following areas will be decked with Doll Festival decor from 8:00 on February 21, 2008 (GMT) to 8:00, March 3:

- Southern San d'Oria
    - Northern San d'Oria
    - Bastok Markets
    - Port Bastok
    - Windurst Waters
    - Windurst Woods

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: Doll Festival 2008 (wow c.c)

SERIOUSLY?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!

where are my god damn Nyzul Relics

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Oh good, I can feed my rage with Mochi.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    SERIOUSLY?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY???

IT'S THE 2008 DOLL FESTIVAL! AN EVENT THAT TAKES PLACE EVERY YEAR! THIS TIME WE ALL GET NEW FURNITURE FOR FREE! yay

go troll the AV thread please.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

WOW THIS GAME KICKS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    SERIOUSLY?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY???

IT'S THE 2008 DOLL FESTIVAL! AN EVENT THAT TAKES PLACE EVERY YEAR! THIS TIME WE ALL GET NEW FURNITURE FOR FREE! yay

go troll the AV thread please.
    Way to get your panties wet over doll fesitval.

And learn the definition of troll, I don't need you here, and I'm sure you're one of what, 5 people? Who give 2 shits about this versus version update notes. Shut the hell up.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

But I like prancing around as a little girl. ; ;

But that's not all, folks! The MHMU will be sending gifts to all you good boys and girls out there--no, it's not magical rice cakes this year but something even better, kupo. For 2008 we have festival-exclusive furnishings! Liven up your Mog House with your very own "Festival Doll" and "Bonbori" lantern! Trust us; this is bound to be better fun than prancing around as a little girl.
    Well that's great, the only FFXI event that I don't find completely lame and they take away the only reason I like it...

Enjoy your exclusive event furniture, you lucky, lucky people.

Heaven help us that S-E should dare to announce a regularly scheduled yearly event in the middle of update notes. OMG.

And it's actually an improvement to me over last years, even if it's a few pieces of free furniture for those who care to decorate their Mog House a bit.

Seriously, who ate the mochi early and got too much sand in their magically enhanced cameltoes? (And I'm betting we'll still see some girly-cakes floating around.)

Black Belt
    BG Level

I'd like this event more if the cake turns you into delicious loli instead of the god awful children sprite.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

any more off topic comments in this thread will result in banning, talk about the event, not your whining over the late update

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thank God. I was starting to get sick of people QQing over shit like this.

Personally I like the doll festival. Turning into little tarus is the best. :D

Banned.

BG Level

I want adaman ingot as prizes ;;

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Nyomomo Dolls > All :nikkei:

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I am not a fan of these festivals thats for sure. I think the only one I was ever really into was the one back in 04 where you had to kill all the wandering Treants and then were able to use outpost warps. LOL I remember S.E screwing that up and giving it a super high regen rate. Thus later that night closing down all the zones with Treants so they could fix it.

This event is ok I mean it could be worse. Like the easter egg letter hunt. Weeks of spamming letters in nations is painful to be apart of.

/sh OMG I have letters S-E C-A-N-T P-R-O-G-R-A-M A D-E-C-E-N-T E-V-E-N-T for 100gil each by the crowded fountain!!

Yeah your feeling me... :nikkei:

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Better than recycling the same damn event every year at least. Hoping these furnishings don't mess with my CP moghancement, because I have a thing for piling every event-related furnishing in my MH for showing off.
    (should just allow us to choose which element of the available furnishings we want to apply towards our moghance, so I could put my mini airship out without is screwing mine up!)

If SE keeps updating at this rate (once every other day, or in this case, 4 times a week), there's still lots of room for version update announcements.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Infini
    Liven up your Mog House with your very own "Festival Doll" and "Bonbori" lantern! Trust us; this is bound to be better fun than prancing around as a little girl.
    I fucking DOUBT IT.

I forget what you do for this one, isn't the guy festival where you chase the crazy Samurai armour around? idk.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jkun
    Fuck yeah, loli festival. Now I can whore up on cakes and cry alone in my MH.

I forget what you do for this one, isn't the guy festival where you chase the crazy Samurai armour around? idk.
    Doll Festival is the one where you PT up into a specific male:female ratio iirc for items.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The Sword Festival is the one with the rampaging armour (to celebrate the Japanese boy's day, just as the Dolls Festival celebrates girl's day).

I think I just saw some of both events' food on a mule. I remember getting very antsy last year, because they took so long to send out the cakes.

I like the decoration during the event, especially the trees.

Interestingly the German version of the Event notes says that one gets either "Festival Doll" or "Bonbori", I hope the items are tradeable (sendable would be even better), and my mule gets the one my main doesn't.

Cool features... just too bad I have 80/80 storage and pretty much 0 space for anything on Layout now. I'd ask for the faint hope of Mog House expansions but PS2 limitations... and so forth.

Betting anything these will give 2-3 slots too