Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: Absolute Virtue & You: A Learning Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    LB is currently doing JoL on Odin, will be watching for AV.

My big thing I'm going to reiterate from the last thread: this is going to be baby steps. We figure out one or two things at a time regarding different behaviors. I'm hoping enough will happen and enough people will do things smartly that perhaps we can even see an AV win by the end of this weekend, since it's a holiday and all. Who knows. :D
    Go LB!
    Ashira, will you keep us updated?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeTasai
    Should add all of the SE hints to that first post Rocl...

Here they be:

Fight speed is wrong

JoL pets, Elemental day nukes > Regen
    Mentioned the second part, never saw official word on the first. If you can find that, awesome.

Q: So, simply put, how do you keep Absolute Virtue from using his two hours?
    A: His two hours are directly tied to the number of monsters remaining.

Q: Do you mean the other Jailers? Do they need to be popped and killed during the Absolute Virtue Fight?
    A: No *laughs* common monsters, ‘aren for example

Q: What about spell effects like Meteor and Comet?
    A: You can’t do a thing about that, if your skilled you might be able to avoid* it, but it will be extremely hard.
    Again, as I recall that was some random staff member who gave that information. I would like a little more than "this guy who was employed by SE at the fan fest told me..." If you can prove me wrong, it'll go in the OP

Absolute Virtue....

We cannot give you any other tips besides if you kill the monsters around him, it will slow the regen ability.

At the next Fan Festival we'll have the dev team defeat Absolute Virtue (not a good idea)... maybe some videos... no....

Are you afraid that they won't win?

No comment.
    I put in everything we know how combat his "amazing" regen, and the entire thread is about the videos.

ALSO PLEASE PEOPLE
    I asked for all these ideas to be sent to me via PM so this thread would be slightly more about actual testing and their results than theorizing. I had to take a nap after this summarization, and during the two hours I was asleep, I got one PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    We know that:
    The developers used their 2HRs multiple times.
    Forgive me if this idea has been thrown out before, I really did try to read almost everything. Is the general thinking now that they have some way of reseting 2hrs, or the devs were just fucking cheating?

What I was thinking was, clearly it's NOT jailer weapons, but what if having Virtue Stones equipped and 2hring when AV 2hrs has some sort of dispeling effect, or resets your 2hr and perhaps consumes a Virtue...

It was the ammo slot that dispelled Sky gods after all, just possibly something to try out. Put virtue stones in your ammo slot when you 2hr after AV!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The japanese texts are debug references for the developers when a specific monster appears and when it dies. ("The flag for the appearance of monster ____ is (set).") The first likely refers to JoL's appearance (Kana "Aura" as in the fact that Love holds the two Aura drops the second I can only guess is AV's appearance (Kana "Temu", which I have no idea what that refers to and the third is the death of AV (Kana "Mema", referring to the memories of sin AV has.)

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleaf
    We know that:
    Forgive me if this idea has been thrown out before, I really did try to read almost everything. Is the general thinking now that they have some way of reseting 2hrs, or the devs were just fucking cheating?
    General consensus is that the Developers reset their 2HRs to show the importance of using them.

We know that:
    General consensus is that the Developers reset their 2HRs to show the importance of using them.
    That just seems like a silly conclusion, as using your 2hr hasn't seemed to prove/do anything. I think the elephant in the room, and the text zooming, is to show that the same people are using their 2hr over and over.

Demosthenes11

We know that:

What I was thinking was, clearly it's NOT jailer weapons, but what if having Virtue Stones equipped and 2hring when AV 2hrs has some sort of dispeling effect, or resets your 2hr and perhaps consumes a Virtue...

It was the ammo slot that dispelled Sky gods after all, just possibly something to try out. Put virtue stones in your ammo slot when you 2hr after AV!
    he is wise beyond his postcount

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We know that:
    That just seems like a silly conclusion, as using your 2hr hasn't seemed to prove/do anything. I think the elephant in the room, and the text zooming, is to show that the same people are using their 2hr over and over.
    It hasn't?

Perhaps because it wasn't properly tested? Most (or all) of the time people try to lock it, they're using 2hrs against the ones Absolute Virtue appeared to use in retaliation. Not to add in more factors, but it's possible it won't have any effect unless he uses a 2hr on his own doing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We know that:
    Well yeah, I agree, because at 2:02 just off the screen to the left you can clearly see the dynamis goblin NM Kittyback.

The players had traded him fish, and he followed them to sea, where he proceeded to only roll JA restoring Goblin Dice for the duration of the fight.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

1st JoL dead, No AV pop.

Athruis
    Limit Break Member

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by AstralMage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    LB is currently doing JoL on Odin, will be watching for AV.

My big thing I'm going to reiterate from the last thread: this is going to be baby steps. We figure out one or two things at a time regarding different behaviors. I'm hoping enough will happen and enough people will do things smartly that perhaps we can even see an AV win by the end of this weekend, since it's a holiday and all. Who knows. :D
    Go LB!
    Ashira, will you keep us updated?

They held JoL until Darksday (don't know why, Banish nukes ftw! ), no AV pop.

Tonko

Go away. And do not return. You obviously have no first hand experience to contribute, and are just wasting everyone's time with ideas without merit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Rocl mentioned in the OP that he'd never heard of any LS killing JoL before it could only pop sharks. Could try zerging it before that happens. JoL popping only sharks could be a signal of "times up" you waited to long. Then again the SE video shows the blms nuking sharks twice, so i dunno. Something about the quote "your fight speed is wrong" from a dev member bugs me.

Q: What about spell effects like Meteor and Comet?
    A: You can’t do a thing about that, if your skilled you might be able to avoid* it, but it will be extremely hard.
    99% sure this is referring to meteor after it uses Manafont. Little mystery here. See manafont? RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko

Go away. And do not return. You obviously have no first hand experience to contribute, and are just wasting everyone's time with ideas without merit.

Despite my post count, I've killed I think every notable thing in this game minus AV. Sorry if I've thought this thread was to give ideas. the FFXI community asked for a legitimate video of developers killing absolute virtue, and i don't find developer's using 2hrs whenever they want, as often as they want (hi benediction) to be legitimate unless it's something supposedly we should be able to replicate.

Using a 2hr with virtue stones equipped (how important is the ammo slot, really?) after AV does can easily...easily be tested and debunked. I just thought the idea should be heard.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman
    Rocl mentioned in the OP that he'd never heard of any LS killing JoL before it could only pop sharks. Could try zerging it before that happens. JoL popping only sharks could be a signal of "times up" you waited to long. Then again the SE video shows the blms nuking sharks twice, so i dunno. Something about the quote "your fight speed is wrong" from a dev member bugs me.

[quote:1j03a2l5]Q: What about spell effects like Meteor and Comet?
    99% sure this is referring to meteor after it uses Manafont. Little mystery here. See manafont? RUN![/quote:1j03a2l5]

Or if you know enough to keep it from using Manafont to begin with.

I agree with that statement considering the 2hours used in the videos are the ones that prevent you from winning the fight.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Remember guys, this video was to show hints of how to defeat AV, not a road map. If you look at it as a Scavenger Hunt, take the clues that are given to you by it, it will lead you to the destination you seek.

Might wanna watch the video's again and see which 2hr is used first almost every time AV does, maybe that is the clue to stop if from using Manafont.

Now go ahead and flame about my post count.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The AV video is going to lead to me being banned from BG, I can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayberry
    The japanese texts are debug references for the developers when a specific monster appears and when it dies. ("The flag for the appearance of monster ____ is (set).") The first likely refers to JoL's appearance (Kana "Aura" as in the fact that Love holds the two Aura drops the second I can only guess is AV's appearance (Kana "Temu", which I have no idea what that refers to and the third is the death of AV (Kana "Mema", referring to the memories of sin AV has.)
    It's Holla, Dem and Mea. Don't spout translations when you're get them dead wrong, please. The kana are in fact Hora Demu and Mea, not Aura Temu and Mema. For fuck's sake people, don't do this amateur japanophile shit if you don't actually have the slightest clue what you're on about. It's not the flag for the appearance; Japanese syntax does not work that way. It's the flag of ____.

Correct transliteration: Hora no furagu you monsutaa toujyou desu.
    Correct translation, give or take: The monster in service to holla's flag appears/enters.

Stop bludgeoning us with your ignorance, it gives me a headache.

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    The AV video is going to lead to me being banned from BG, I can feel it.

LOL... doubtful, you're keeping mods sane. Though sometimes maybe a little mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced
    Might wanna watch the video's again and see which 2hr is used first almost every time AV does, maybe that is the clue to stop if from using Manafont.
    I think I already addressed this.. Manafont is the only 2hr used on EVERY 2hr AV uses in the Dev video, and seeing that their fight is only 2hrs long and they obviously didn't have wipe issues, one can assume it never used Manafont and thus had no access to Meteor. This is where the 2hr theory came from, but it has not yet been properly confirmed or debunked. So far we only have supporting evidence.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast