Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
    Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Re: Absolute Virtue & You: A Learning Experience

Maytag is one of those people who should not ever post. This would save others from reading their stupid BS.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

LOL. Very nice, I approve.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

No need for a second bible here, did a little wiki research, and here are some thoughts...

Vice --> Virtue
    -------------------
    Lust --> Chastity
    Gluttony --> Temperance
    Greed --> Charity
    Sloth --> Diligence
    Wrath --> Forgiveness
    Envy --> Kindness
    Pride --> Humility
    -------------------

However, the virtues they used in the game are a little different:
    The three theological virtues are: Faith, Hope, Love (also known as Charity)
    The four cardinal virtues are: prudence, temperance, fortitude, and justice.

If you really want to use a 'chains' theory, you go with the following:

Elvaan: Chains of Arrogance (Prudence?)
    Mithra: Chains of Envy (Temperance?)
    Hume: Chains of Apathy (Faith?)
    Galka: Chains of Rage (Love?)
    Tarutaru: Chains of Cowardice (Fortitude?)
    Not Shown: Justice & Hope (I could make a joke about it being an unjust fight void of any hope, but I won't...)

--------------------

I don't really buy into that though, there are only 5 races, and 7 virtues, so that doesn't seem to line up.

Now, after that, I wondered is there still a connection here? Possibly. I get the whole vice/virtue theme that has been going on, but the question is does it play into this fight?

One thing that always bothered me, why does nuking according to the elemental day seem to weaken AV? Is this supposed to be some sort of symbolic action? Why would killing more of JoLs pets weaken AV? I keep trying to place different actions with strats trying to find some match, but it never seems to work out.

Is casting only nukes specific to the day some sort of Temperance or restraint?
    Is killing all of the pets showing Prudence? Maybe Fortitude?
    Is staring AV down and throwing away your 2-hour considered having Faith? Or maybe Justice? (A 2-hour for a 2-hour, har har!)
    How do you show Love to something you really want to destroy? The only theme that I can come up with is one more along the lines of "Action --> Reaction". It seems when you do specific things, AV behaves accordingly. I really don't know if this is really the smoking gun people were looking for to defeat him though.

To be honest, I'm really not sure about any of this. I know alot of this is most likely pointless mental exercise, but it's better than the "Your ideas are wrong, old, and stupid; go die in a fire!" mentality I've been seeing lately. Seems like we have more trolls complaining about the mostly recycled ideas, and fewer people honestly trying to come up with something.

Though, after a long and hard debate with myself, the only real solution I could come up with is to swap my .dat file and rename it Absolute Bullshit.

Haha. Seraph that was a good post. First one in a while that didnt make die a little inside. I like the .dat swap idea too.

assburgers
    BG Level

Step 1: Be an awesome little taru gaxe whorin war/sam reoowwwrrr
    Step 2: Kill all the Jailers til you get some JoL pop sets
    Step 3: Give the awesome little taru a Fortitude Torque
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Mars's Rings, Futsuno's, Minerva's, Bellona's, Aureole's and Raphael's oh my!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sorry, but this thread has gone to complete and utter shit. What was said in this thread is some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in anyones rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

If by some chance you fight AV and you find out something new then make a new thread about it.