Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phede Mihnao
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is Joyeuse worthwhile for Warrior any more?

I know there was another topic here a while ago, but that was started at the beginning of '07 and is now a bit outdated. While Joytoy had only one form of competition (other Dual Wield setups) when the thread was started, with the 2hand updates Great Axe is a great option. When the initial update in August happened I was pretty sure that Great Axe was the superior choice, but now that it's somewhat more balanced with other updates I'd like a more professional opinion on whether it would be worth it to get a Joyeuse now and merit for it. I haven't got a Joy yet, but I have helped other people camp and kill it. While it's a total pain in the ass, I might work up to actually camping it for myself if I could still get a good use out of it. What I don't want to do is to end up having wasted hours getting the ToD, camping it, and then meriting for it to find out it's worse than my current GA setup of Rune Chopper (planning on getting a Byakko's, but I got this for 10k while it was cheap) + Pole Strap or my dual wield setup of Woodsville + Maneater. Should I get a joy and some sword merits for it,it would it be wiser not to bother?

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Is Joyeuse worthwhile for Warrior any more?

I'm sorry mods but /SIGH!, now with that out of the way.

-If you have merits for sword and you are in Colibri camp -Axe/Joy ok
    -No sword merits? Axe/Axe
    -Too cheap for Axe/Axe? Great Axe.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phede Mihnao
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    I'm sorry mods but /SIGH!
    Should have just necrobumped the topic, shouldn't I?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

shit is situational

only place i'd use man/joy or sword/joy would be colibri, mamool axe/axe (unless ridill, duh), or gaxe. hnms gaxe or dual axes, joytoy has no place there, too weak

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I can't see why anyone would use axe/joy over polearm on birds, unless you're just too lazy to skill it up. Unmerited polearm will have higher atk/acc than merited sword, and about the same acc/atk as unmerited axe.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If you don't already have one, then don't bother getting it. The only place it's even an option is on piercing weak mobs and even then it wouldn't really be any better than axe/axe or great axe, just acceptable.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

lolaxes loljoyeuse

Blau/Joyeuse might not be too bad for birds as WAR would it?
    Piercing bonus and Evisceration might not be too bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan
    If you don't already have one, then don't bother getting it. The only place it's even an option is on piercing weak mobs and even then it wouldn't really be any better than axe/axe or great axe, just acceptable.
    I agree.

By 'worthwhile' I'm assuming the OP means 'worth camping to get one?' In which case I'd definitely have to say no as far as its actual utility reaches at current. Or at least unless you have/are willing to fully-merit sword and build properly for it, which isn't really worth the overall effort as far as what your returns will be in the first place.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    It's actually not bad since WAR gets access to more dex than a THF (roarrrrrrrr), and since Evisceration is the rampage of daggers now, warriors can produce very nice numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    It's actually not bad since WAR gets access to more dex than a THF (roarrrrrrrr), and since Evisceration is the rampage of daggers now, warriors can produce very nice numbers.
    I don't even wanna think about Thieves getting access to a Haidate...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Blau/joy used to be ok on birds, at least if you had sword AND dagger merits, but it makes zero sense compared to just using a polearm. Unmerited polearm will have higher atk/acc than merited dagger or sword, and penta is way better than evis.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

lol i've actually double hoplite's harpe just to piss an LS static off and hit consistent 800-1k Eviscerations

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

A couple months ago, I merited with a E. body war that was using Harpe/Ridill. He had dagger merits, and from what I saw he was producing very good numbers consistently. iirc, around the 1.1-1.3k range. (This was with minuet IV on of course).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lilswitche
    A couple months ago, I merited with a E. body war that was using Harpe/Ridill. He had dagger merits, and from what I saw he was producing very good numbers consistently. iirc, around the 1.1-1.3k range. (This was with minuet IV on of course).
    He quit long ago, but one of the earlier NA ridill/aberk wars on my server started swearing by Harpe/Ridill basically right after they changed evisceration from 'accuracy increases with TP' to 'crit rate increases with TP.'

It's not exactly the same, but my weaponskill damage record for ninja was actually set on evisceration (1900 ish), rather than Blade: Jin (1500ish).