Closed Thread
Page 12 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

AkashiXI

You see that old guy picking his nose? For some reason his name is escaping me, but that's Luffy's grandfather.

edit: his name is Garp

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Monkey_D._Garp

AkashiXI

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    I did miss that, I thought Dragon was his Grandfather. Whoa. Was this a recent chapter?

Am I getting people mixed up? q_q

[edit]

Hasn't all of the people who inherited the Will of D also been fruit users? I know Dragon was the Wind based logia, Luffy is Rubber paramecia, Ace is Fire Logia, Garp is what? Isn't he a fruit user also?

We haven't even heard if Roger had a fruit power as well either, have we?

Also, I think that the Marines are doing some weird gene manipulation. Because remember Garp's punches affect Luffy as well like this dude's did in 513.

[edit#2]

Oh, wait. I remember that now. That's right after the CP9 arc, right?
    None of the "old" pirates had devil fruits, iirc. I think The Dark King was talking about that when Luffy was asking him questions. As far as Devil Fruits, no not all of the D.'s use them. D. Sail (the giant from Robin's flashback who sacrificed himself for her) didn't have a Devil's fruit, he was just REALLY strong. Same with Garp.

The ONLY thing we know of Roger was that he had the "power of all-knowing". That's why he could understand the hieroglyphics even though he couldn't technically read it. It's kind of funny... all of the old pirates (whitebeard, shanks, Roger, The Dark King) all fought without devil fruit, yet in the new pirate age you're almost at a disadvantage for not using them. lol

i swear to god the fucking epic scale for OP is going to make me insane
    seriously i can't believe i look foward to saturday mornings for reading comics
    I CANNOT AFFORD TO WAIT ANOTHER FUCKING WEEK TO READ OP I NEED THIS SHIT NOW

ps this picture of robin is so sexy sexy hot hot

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

wow that broad axe dude is stronger than he looks :O and here i thought luffy was invurnerable to blunt attacks

I like to eat food
    BG Level

So why do they call him Dark King exactly?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    So why do they call him Dark King exactly?
    Wasn't reveal why they call him by that name yet so pretty much no one knows except Oda >_>p

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Well if the old pirates weren't usually fruit-users why can he so easily stop the admirals light thing? He must be the Dark King for a reason.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well Silvers was the 2nd in command in Jolly Rogers Crew so of course he has to be strong to match up with an Admiral...Well I hope they reveal more about him soon because OP story is so wide that leaves so many questions being answers
    Spoiler: show
    (ie. Gol D. Rogers gave himself up to the marines and never was captured.)
    I don't know if you guys didn't remember this but "Didan" still hasn't been reveal nor describe who he is but was mention on chapter 440 by the mayor of Luffy's homeplace.

Ridill
    BG Level

I love the fighting chapters, which there are alot of them, and theyre usually grouped up together, but once it stops I get kind of bored with it cause it just feels like filler to me.
    So I stop reading for awhile then have to read 30chapters in one sitting D:

777 omgz lucky post.

AkashiXI

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Well if the old pirates weren't usually fruit-users why can he so easily stop the admirals light thing? He must be the Dark King for a reason.
    Well, nobody knows why he's called that, but we can easily deduct two things now:

1) He can't be "The Dark Knight" because of his devil fruit powers. Blackbeard already has the dark fruit, which enables him to bend gravity and disable other fruit user's abilities.

2) He's incredibly strong. There's only a few characters that have been introduced into the series that can do that chi thing (when they can literally make you pass out due to their immense power), so it's a given that this man is INCREDIBLE.

And don't forget, ALL FRUIT POWERS HAVE A WEAKNESS AND/OR CAN BE COUNTERED. They already explained that this guy (the admiral) moves so fast that it surpasses light itself. That does not translate into his attacks = light, so you CAN block it.. you just need to be incredibly fast yourself. Oh well, only time will tell lol

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So HAY, i just finally caught up in the anime series, anyone know how often they update and when? o,o

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The only fansub group that's actually even near the current episode is http://www.instantz.net/ and they're still subbing 366, even with 367 already out.
    They're pretty slow, but they're pretty much your only option.

There is http://www.vegapunk.com/news.php but they are waaay behind, they're still on 340, I don't know if there are any other groups, but if you find any let me know.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Slow anime is slooooooow.

I wonder if Rayleigh has a power like this.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://www.kumby.com/one-piece-episode-367/

Here's a subbed 367 for those who haven't seen it yet.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Holy shit, just as I thought. This is 5000x more amazing in the anime. I know, lol anime, but seriously. Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L65Cd...eature=related

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Oh god, I lol'd so hard at that. Poor Robin wouldn't dock.

AkashiXI

lmao XD I love that part

rofl that was awesome, zoro and sanji looool
    that part wasnt in the manga, was it? i don't recall anything like that...
    so they started fighting oz, eh. fuck yeah straw hat endless combo atk coming soon!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It was. I can't wait to see "Nightmare Luffy" in the anime.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by yayaok View Post
    rofl that was awesome, zoro and sanji looool
    that part wasnt in the manga, was it? i don't recall anything like that...
    so they started fighting oz, eh. fuck yeah straw hat endless combo atk coming soon!
    It was, but in the anime they did a bit more. Kind of like Sogeking, who's intro in the manga is kind of lame but in the anime is super fucking amazing. They also formed a 3-man big emperor and talked about it some more (all of which was awesome).

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 311 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast