Closed Thread
Page 17 of 311 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Sooooo...Luffy's gay?

Is his next opponent going to overpower opponents by the power of vector calculus, only to find Luffy to stupid to comprehend his abilities and therefore be immune to them?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I guess another Shichibukai going down already, awesome.
    I wonder what's on her back that makes Luffy trying to remember..

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

On her back I'm calling one of two things:

1: The "Smiley Face" symbol that Donflamingo flies under or...

2: Whitebeard's mark

Both would be something Luffy has seen in the past, but hasn't left a long impression on him. I'm doubtful it's the Whitebeard mark, but I find it within the realm of possibility~

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My first guess was a pirate symbol (white beard, shawn), but I was wondering earlier if she could be Luffy's mother (we know nothing about her). Her personality doesn't match, but we know Boa hatde the world government, and her tatoo(?) might be one related to Luffy's father.

Anyway, lame chapter, I just wanted to see the thing on her back. Tease like this always annoy me. >_>

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's the Baroque Works logo and we find out she's actually number 2.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

numbers were all guys, monday tuesday etc were the girls

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    numbers were all guys, monday tuesday etc were the girls
    Number 2 was Bon Clay. It was a joke. D: And technically he was both a number (2) and a holiday (Bon Clay).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    My first guess was a pirate symbol (white beard, shawn), but I was wondering earlier if she could be Luffy's mother (we know nothing about her). Her personality doesn't match, but we know Boa hatde the world government, and her tatoo(?) might be one related to Luffy's father.

Anyway, lame chapter, I just wanted to see the thing on her back. Tease like this always annoy me. >_>
    I was wondering this too. It would give a reason as to why Luffy isn't overcome from her beauty.

And where the hell is the anime releases? I really want to see Nightmare Luffy vs Moria/Oz

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well, Luffy isn't overcome because he is still a kid (in mind). That alone would be a fine explanation.

However, I was still thinking along those lines when I posted it. It would also explain why Kuma sent Luffy there, instead of with his friends.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, Luffy isn't overcome because he is still a kid (in mind). That alone would be a fine explanation.

However, I was still thinking along those line when I said it. It would also explain why Kuma sent Luffy there, instead of with his friends.
    I think they're all separated from each other. I really wanna see the Chopper/Usopp/Brooke solo adventures.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    I think they're all separated from each other. I really wanna see the Chopper/Usopp/Brooke solo adventures.
    It's possible I guess, but it's going to take forever to gather the group again if all 9 get a solo adventure. I would rather see 3-4 people groups.

And chopper solo adventure = ewwww. Reading the whole manga didn't make me like his character more sadly.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Chopper is incredibly annoying. He spends half an arc running in fear as the perpetual comedic relief of the series and until he juices up and/or becomes MegaMoose he's pretty useless in combat. A whole arc dedicated to him == nothx.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's possible I guess, but it's going to take forever to gather the group again if all 9 get a solo adventure. I would rather see 3-4 people groups.

And chopper solo adventure = ewwww. Reading the whole manga didn't make me like his character more sadly.
    Groups might happen, though I don't really think it will. But if it's like 10~ chapters or so for an adventure then it won't be SO bad. Luffy's has been going on for 5 chapters now and seems around halfway done or so.

I'm more interested in the whole "he's going on a rampage as monster chopper and we have no clue wtf is going to happen". Brooke will just be hysterical as he's suddenly in the modern world and looks as he does. <.<;

Edit: Also, the mother thing is out because a few chapters back it says all the children born are all women.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Groups might happen, though I don't really think it will. But if it's like 10~ chapters or so for an adventure then it won't be SO bad. Luffy's has been going on for 5 chapters now and seems around halfway done or so.

I'm more interested in the whole "he's going on a rampage as monster chopper and we have no clue wtf is going to happen". Brooke will just be hysterical as he's suddenly in the modern world and looks as he does. <.<;

Edit: Also, the mother thing is out because a few chapters back it says all the children born are all women.
    I think it will be longer, because we will most likely get flashback for the new characters they introduced (Margaret), and they actually need to meet once they leave their respective islands. I sincerely hope this island is more than a semi filler tho. Everything not directly related to the Wolrd government or the true history annoys me usually.

Also, they said "all children born on the island", not all children born from amazon.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think it will be longer, because we will most likely get flashback for the new characters they introduced (Margaret), and they actually need to meet once they leave their respective islands. I sincerely hope this island is more than a semi filler tho. Everything not directly related to the Wolrd government or the true history annoys me usually

Also, they said "all children born on the island", not all children born from amazon.
    My translation says "It's residents set sail for foriegn lands and return with a child... mysteriously all the children turn out to be girls". So either they dont give birth to men (which isn't too wierd since this happens in rl) or they just ditch the boys on the men or something. I hope that cute chick gets unstoned and joins the crew. Though I don't really want the crew to get too large, it might happen if she ends up getting banished or something.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well,Luffy say in the very first manga he wants a crew of 10 people. They have 8 or 9 (depending if you include Luffy or not in the crew).

I dont remember reading it like this, but I wouldn't exclude the possibility because of this. It would make even more sense for a kid to be ditched if he is a guy.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well,Luffy say in the very first manga he wants a crew of 10 people. They have 8 or 9 (depending if you include Luffy or not in the crew)
    That's true but any more characters now will make the arcs even more spread thin. In TB there were alot of times some crew members were just kinda.. not doing much. I dunno, I'm sure Oda has everything perfectly planned.

Also, pretty sure theres no new OP next week. D:

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Added an edit to my last post.

I don't really mind more crew members, as long they don't get 10 individual fight against 10 perfect match every time.

Actually, the less fight the better it is. There really isn't many battle I enjoyed in overall.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There was one chapter in the early arcs that Luffy wanted a Doctor, Navigator, Carpenter, Musician, Chef, I think he said 10 people so that makes it 1 more left?
    edit- yeah 10 I was right
    http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0000001/52.jpg

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, that's what I said (except I thought it was in the first one). It could be 2 more tho, because a crew generally exclude the captain

Brook, Sanji, Zorro, Chopper, Nami, Robin, Brook, Franky make it 8.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 311 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast