Closed Thread
Page 18 of 311 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

well all of his must have slots are filled aren't they? What else does he need

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Sythe View Post
    well all of his must have slots are filled aren't they? What else does he need
    More strong guys? I wouldnt be surprised if someone like Ace join Luffy toward the end

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    More strong guys? I wouldnt be surprised if someone like Ace join Luffy toward the end
    It's fairly obvious that his loyalties lie pretty much with Whitebeard and Whitebeard only. I highly doubt he'd end up joining Luffy. D:

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    It's fairly obvious that his loyalties lie pretty much with Whitebeard and Whitebeard only. I highly doubt he'd end up joining Luffy. D:
    Unless White Beard is the first person to die in OP! I could imagine a few pirates giving up toward the end of the manga and disbanding their crew, but as long Whitebeard is there, it obviously won't happen for Aces.

Anyway. I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, just gave him as an example. There is many strong people they met on the way who could end up joining him, even if it seem unlikely right now.

AkashiXI

Speaking of recruits, was I the only one that thought he was going to recruit Koby at the start? He seemed like the perfect Usopp at the time, especially since he was somewhat useful but didn't have the courage to stand up to the mace women until Luffy came around.

Anyways, I think the reason why Luffy is immune to Boa's charm is because he's simply not interested in women (or men... any kind of relationship that isn't a friendship), so he doesn't perceive Boa as anything other than a normal pirate. We all know how one track Luffy is, and he values friendship over pretty much anything (including his own goal), just like Shanks. I guess you can also say he's just a kid and doesn't really comprehend why men are attracted to beautiful women.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by AkashiXI View Post
    Speaking of recruits, was I the only one that thought he was going to recruit Koby at the start? He seemed like the perfect Usopp at the time, especially since he was somewhat useful but didn't have the courage to stand up to the mace women until Luffy came around.

Anyways, I think the reason why Luffy is immune to Boa's charm is because he's simply not interested in women (or men... any kind of relationship that isn't a friendship), so he doesn't perceive Boa as anything other than a normal pirate. We all know how one track Luffy is, and he values friendship over pretty much anything (including his own goal), just like Shanks. I guess you can also say he's just a kid and doesn't really comprehend why men are attracted to beautiful women.
    I guess you guys seem to forget that Oda based this manga by Akira Toriyama work on Dragon Ball because he enjoy his work. So you see many similarities of Dragon Ball to One Piece. Just to based an example Goku and Luffy kinda the same, them both has ambition to be strongest so they don't care about falling in love with girls. Wasn't there an episode that Goku was trapped in house full of girls who try to seduce him while he was running to King Kai planet in Snake Way Road?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

New avatar for the awesome expression.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

That's the same expression he had when Eneru's shit didn't work on him :D

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    That's the same expression he had when Eneru's shit didn't work on him :D
    Yeah I noticed that. It was really great and he did it in Alabasta too at some point. The best part is he did a few times this time, as opposed to it being a one time deal vs Enel.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    New avatar for the awesome expression.
    Yeah, gotta love Luffy's expression. I can't imagine what the manga would be without him.

My personal favorite is this one. It might be the context more than the expression...but i just love this picture.
    http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0000099/13.jpg

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

About the whole Ace thing, haven't they already had that discussion when Ace asked Luffy to join Whitebeard's ship? Luffy said he didn't want to since he wanted to be a captain of his own ship.

So, I doubt Ace will join based on Luffy saying that just to give him space and let him do his thing.

Spoiler: show
    Arrrgh, I want to see some scenes with Ace's 'execution' they better not kill him off. D:

--

This is probably my favorite facial expression/scene in the manga.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...om/mermaid.png

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

actually, i can see whitebeard dieng saving ace, then ace becoming captain of the crew.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    actually, i can see whitebeard dieng saving ace, then ace becoming captain of the crew.
    Might happen. I have a feeling a SW will end up there somehow and we'll see some epic fights. There's 2 Shichibukai down (Moria + I highly doubt Boa will end up there due to various reasons) so I'm not too sure they can win.

Unless the WG asked Rayleah to fight for them in exchange for saving the SH/leaving him alone for now on. Either that or he turned himself in for them or something idk.

AkashiXI

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    About the whole Ace thing, haven't they already had that discussion when Ace asked Luffy to join Whitebeard's ship? Luffy said he didn't want to since he wanted to be a captain of his own ship.

So, I doubt Ace will join based on Luffy saying that just to give him space and let him do his thing.

Arrrgh, I want to see some scenes with Ace's 'execution' they better not kill him off. D:

--

This is probably my favorite facial expression/scene in the manga.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...om/mermaid.png
    lol, that used to be my sig, I love it ;p

This used to be my avatar: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2.../newavatar.jpg

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You're a Sanji fan too? Sanji > all of the others obviously.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...om/lolzoro.png

I liked this one as well, Oda's humor is just so awesome sometimes.

AkashiXI

LOL, that one was too pro

TAKOYAKIIIIIII
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...npawnnnchh.jpg
    PAWNNCCHHH

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

No question--OP is easily my favorite Manga/Anime.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Btw I'm pretty sure theres no chapter this week. :/

AkashiXI

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EE

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone else see the 9th intro? I wasn't a big fan of it. :/

It's a remix of "We are" which isn't that great to begin with tbh. Personally, I wish they just waited a few weeks so we can have a nice brooke intro, instead of just getting a few seconds of screentime. I really wanted a nice Shabondy intro, with caimie/rookies/kuma/rayleah/kizaru etc. Would have been super sweet if they did it 5/6 style instead of this stuff. Really dissapointed but oh well.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 311 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast