Closed Thread
Page 255 of 311 FirstFirst ... 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Noooo not a break when it's so awesome! Damn Oda and his coffee breaks!

Banned.

BG Level

Fuuuuuuuu

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I suspect they're going to draw out the toy's inner thoughts for DEM FEELS when this chap gets animated.

I thought people would be more hype about what just fuckin happened in the coliseum

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    I suspect they're going to draw out the toy's inner thoughts for DEM FEELS when this chap gets animated.

I thought people would be more hype about what just fuckin happened in the coliseum
    I'm so hyped, Sabo is totally throwing a wrench in Doflamingo's plans and it's glorious.

Banned.

BG Level

Oh I'm hyped alright but dem breaks...

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spoiler: show
    Man that power is so OP

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Thought it would be a robin/sugar matchup. Usopp has his work cut out for him. Trebol is a fucking beast though.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Just got to Fishman Island post timeskip in the anime. Loving this shit so far. Luffy is stronk as fuck and is bitching Hody Jones around like nothing

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Just got to Fishman Island post timeskip in the anime. Loving this shit so far. Luffy is stronk as fuck and is bitching Hody Jones around like nothing
    FI was pretty dope. People didn't enjoy it when it was happening during the manga/anime and I think that's mainly because of the slow weekly pace. But seeing/reading it all in quick succession probably makes it a hell of a lot better.

Punk Hazard (the next arc for you) is pretty good too, but Dressrosa is fucking awesome so far! And PH leads right into it. The best part is that Dressrosa doesn't even seem very close to being concluded yet and we're already getting tons of foreshadowing of where the manga is gonna go next. But then again, GOda being GOda, he might just blindside us and take the manga on a totally different route all together.

I say that because Fishman Island was hinted as being the next island just after Thriller Bark (Or was it even as early as the end of Enes Lobby, I forget), and the crew didn't even go there until after I don't even know how many chapters.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Thought it would be a robin/sugar matchup. Usopp has his work cut out for him. Trebol is a fucking beast though.
    Yeah I don't know how that will work since Trebol is one of the "top 3" guys.

I think one of the reasons we stopped seeing anyone else is because whatever happens next elsewhere involves the toys being turned back. So hopefully this little bit will end before we go to something else. That's probably also what's going to cause Trebol to get completely wrecked.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm guessing Usopp will shoot it in her mouth.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Usopp sniping into her mouth (lol) sounds like a reasonable prediction. Maybe we'll also finally get to see how much Robin has improved.

Overall my general feelings for this chapter was "I waited an extra week for this? " Breaks are evil.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I'm guessing Usopp will shoot it in her mouth.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Chapter on break this week.

I'm just fucking with you, here are some spoilers and a link to the raw:

Chapter 739: Captain (Captain as in, leader of a squad, not captain of a ship)
    coverart Brook with Whale balloons

The thrown pirate ship comes crashing into the hallway where Sugar and others are.
    Usopp and Sugar both open their mouth wide in shock as they stare at the massive duck-shaped pirate ship above them.
    The ship falls and the dock workers run in panic

Robin rescues Usopp, but Leo and the Tontattas are captured by Trebol
    Trebol asks where the others are, and lies to Tontattas that he is a friend of theirs. Leo falls for it and says the name "Usoland"
    He also gains the information about the one-legged soldier working with them.

Trebol tells them his goo is flammable, and lights it up, exploding the Tontattas.\
    Leo is blown away to where Usopp is. Usopp tells him to flee, they can't beat Trebol.
    But Leo is adamant to finish the SOP operation, they can't fail their captain. Once the operation is successful he'll surely take down Doflamingo!

Meanwhile at the elevator side
    Lao G kicks and knocks the soldier into a wall.

Short flashback for the sodlier
    Earlier this morning - The gladiators and Tontattas celebrate Doflamingo resigning from Shichibukai and the throne.
    But the soldier tells them what he knows already.. the news is a mistake.

Rebecca is fed up with this, and decides to enter the tournament for the devil fruit.
    She says everyone knows the status of Kyros must be a fake. A symbol of hope, a fantasy to look up to.
    The toy soldier tells her the tournament is not a fight she can win.
    He scolds her telling her she's still only 16, and a child. She should listen to what he says.
    She yells back at him telling him he's not even her parent, and he's nothing but a one-legged soldier, he stands no chance against Doflamingo.
    The soldier leaves telling her she's right, but he still wishes her to not enter the ring.
    As he leaves Rebecca cries, apologizing to him for what she said

end of flashback

Rebecca slashes at Diamante, but her sword is bladeless. It doees nothing to Diamante.
    He steps on her foot so she can't get away, creates a mace, and clubs her. He tells her the ring is a place for killers, if you cannot make me bleed, you yourself must bleed to please the crowd.

Sabo sees Rebecca in danger, and sends Muscle-melon I mean Bartolomeo to aid her. He tells him to protect her.
    Diamante asks Rebecca if she knows how her mother Scarlet died.
    He tells her a toy soldier was crying at her death, and how it was pitiful.

Back to the Lift... the earth is trembling, Lao G wonders Pica must be rampaging, but why...?
    Tontattas attack and holds Lao G in place while Kabu goes to help the Soldier to his feet.
    Kabu tells their captain to head to Doflamingo, and not worry about them. Only he can defeat Doflamingo!

Back to Usopp
    Usopp asks why Leo and others counts on the toy soldier so much, what do you see in him?
    He tells Usopp that normally someone turned into a toy is enslaved to Sugar's contract.
    But when Sugar turned the Toy soldier, she forgot to say the contract! The only mistake she made in 10 years.
    He is the only toy soldier that can revolt against Doflamingo, he is the hope for all toys and Tontattas.
    No one remembers his name when he was human... it is Kyros. The most powerful gladiator in the history of the Colisseum!

End of chapter

And the raw:

http://raw.senmanga.com/One_Piece/739/1

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My thoughts:

Flash back chapter but it sounds pretty fucking awesome anyway. And confirms that the Soldier, who is Rebecca's father, is also the legendary Gladiator Kyros... which I think we all kind of figured at this point, but nice to make it a concrete fact.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The chapter is out

Very... boring. Wow.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    The chapter is out

Very... boring. Wow.
    Yeah, for such a "big" reveal it was quite boring.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Trebol's powers multiplying is kinda neat.
    Watching Diamante fight is going to be a treat.
    But goddamn do I want to see how Pica fights, I hate this teasing.