Closed Thread
Page 256 of 311 FirstFirst ... 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

I love the comic "turture" Oda uses to get information to and from the enemy.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whats multiplying?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

His ability to ignite his semen is new.

Banned.

BG Level

lol

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah but thats not a big deal. Something like that never really hurts the SHs.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Y'all be hating. I liked the chapter

i like how the manga this week and anime chapter from last week were related.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New chapter is out

With everything happening at once, EVERYTHING is on the verge of going down ALL AT ONCE too lol. So friggin close for more or less an explosion of.... everything

Edit: And by that I suppose I mean

Spoiler: show
    Luffy just outside Doflamingo's room, Zoro beginning to fight Pica, Kinnemon close to finding Kanjuro, Ussop sort of close to shooting the tobasco ball into Sugar's mouth freeing all the toys and causing a hell of a lot of chaos, the guy that's most likely Sabo is close to getting the Fire Fruit, Franky outside of the smile factory with the Marines. All like... 1 solid chapter away from happening, but when they're all told together, it's going at a bit of a snails pace. I love it and hate it at the same time.

Edit 2: My hope with this most recent chapter is that we have the return of this person

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Kinnemon dressed as Doflamingo was golden!

Banned.

BG Level

Unless sogeking shows up. Im dissapoint in Oda/Usopp

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Luffy mirrors my sentiments. Bring on Sogeking this whole arc is blue ball central.

Pretty darn interesting theory about Usopp
    running away at the end like that

Spoiler'd because long as fk

Remember what Sugar's power is? If so, then do you remember it's side-effects? If you do, then bear with me.
    Robin got turned into a toy.
    Let that sink in for a moment. 3 seconds will do.
    All done? Now, which 2 arcs has Usopp grown the most in? That's right. It's Arlong Park and Water Seven/Enies Lobby.
    Which arc was Robin's arc? Oh yes.
    It doesn't stop there. Remember this page?
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/740/19
    http://readms.com/r/one_piece/740/2279/19
    [Powermanga link here but it's not available yet]
    Why is Franky calling Usopp as Usoland? Doesn't that strike you as odd? Now, when did Franky first meet Sogeking/Usopp as an ally?
    Here's my theory: Because Robin turned into a toy, each of the SH members forgot about her and everything related to her. It doesn't change who they are and what they're trying to accomplish, but I'm guessing that their memories related to Robin are either completely fuzzy or forgotten.
    Like say the first 5 Strawhats first met Robin when she 'killed' Igaram. Maybe their memories are altered to the point where what they remember is that Igaram was victimized by a bomb by himself, and the culprit is still at large. Fast forward to Enies Lobby, and maybe all they remember is that they ran wild on a secure government installation and kicked Lucci's ass just for the fun of it.
    Now, everyone is pissed off at Usopp, right? He seems like a different character, right? Like he regressed back to pre-Enies Lobby development, right?
    I think it's because his memories relating to that arc are gone, and with it, his character development. He doesn't remember why he has to help the Tonttata and why he promised them that he would catch them when things got tough. All he knows is that Franky isn't there yet to save him, and all Franky remembers is Usoland, and not Robin.
    Sugar just undid Usopp's character development by turning Robin into a toy.
    This is all a theory though, trying to rationalize why Usopp did what he did.
    EDIT: Look, Usopp's always been a coward. That will never change. However, his actions after the time skip have all been due to self-preservation. Going against Doflamingo is a bad idea, let's just not attack the factory, oh no I have to guard the ship else Doflamingo will attack, etc. Last chapter too, he told Leo that they should all retreat and pull back. "You need to get out of here! There's nothing more you guys can do!" The bolded should tell you that Usopp was brave enough to be concerned about his mates even after the explosion.
    This time however, it seems that he's fleeing because of fear. He left everyone behind. Does that ring a bell? Arlong Park, maybe? How about Water Seven, when he left because he didn't think he was strong enough to tag along with the crew? One incident does not make a person brave. Also, every time Usopp's been brave before Enies Lobby, there was always someone with him (except the Chuu fight).
    Does that sound like the same person who donned a mask just to rescue someone from a famed government installation? Does that sound like the same person who took on a ghost girl who no one could beat but him? Does that sound like the person who was dripping swag all over the place because he'd faced a digging enemy before?
    It all boils down to whether or not he forgot about his resolve when he went and rescued Robin, and I really think he did along with her identity.
    EDIT 2: Here's how Sugar's power works. After she touches the person and that person turns into a toy, everyone will forget him/her and everything associated with that person, which would include events.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/728/18
    http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-...9-page-17.html
    [Batoto is not working for me]
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Sai
    If Chinjao forgot about Sai but didn't forget the events associated with him, he wouldn't have said that he wanted someone to inherit the Happou Navy, because as you can see, Sai already has command. Chinjao would have memory of someone inheriting the position, it's not just that Sai did.
    But he doesn't remember.
    So that means everything related to the person will be forgotten. Cue the Strawhats forgetting about the whole Enies Lobby incident. They'll just think that, "Hey, we just went there to kick some ass!"

edit: found on OP subreddit

blax n gunz
    BG Level

If that's how Sugar's powers work then all the strawhats need to do is throw her at King Riku. He turns into a toy, everyone forgets him and wonders what the fuck Doflamingo is doing in power. Rebecca leads a rebellion because srsly who da fuck is this Doflamingo guy and why'd we put him in charge? Usopp finds himself unable to escape and is pushed right back into the factory where he looks like the leader not unlike Buggy did during the impel down arc.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Which is probably why they didn't turn King Riku in to a toy.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Very on the fence about this chapter. Not a fan about making people forget stuff, etc, in general.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Very on the fence about this chapter. Not a fan about making people forget stuff, etc, in general.
    I liked the chapter, but I agree with you, I don't like the memory loss plot angles. I'll be very happy when Sugar is dealt with (mainly because it'll probably trigger a hell of a lot of major fights and story movements too)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoilers

Chapter 741 - Usoland the Liar
    The cover is Straw Hat crew in military camos

Usopp runs, wondering how the hell to get out of there. He's still blaming Franky.
    Trebol grabs a receiver for the PA system and yells out to the whole facility for the toys to stop gawking and get back to work.
    The toys realize there's a revolt going on, and hopes for success.
    The fallen Tontattas are munbling Usoland's name. Trebol and Sugar wonders who that is, and Leo screams USOLAND!
    He tells Trebol that that's the name of the legendary hero who will save the whole country, to which Trebol laughs.
    After hearing their tale, he tells them that's all a lie. Whoever this Usoland guys is, he's a coward and must have already ran off.
    Usopp hears the conversation, and confirms Trebol's suspicions are correct.

But the Tontattas do not back down, Leo tells him Usoland will keep his promise and come kick his ass.
    Trebol stomps on Leo. Then as other Tontattas cry in support of Leo's claim, he walks around stomping on all of them, making them squeal under his feet.

That's enough!! Usopp comes out of hiding.
    He screams at the Tontattas that Trebol is right... he has been lying all this time!
    He's not a hero, nor is his name Usoland.
    I am Usopp, the sniper of the Straw Hats. A pirate!
    Leo asks him but he's still a hero, right? Usopp replies, no, he's no hero, he's a pirate.
    Trebol asks him if he's come back just to confirm his lies, and Usopp said he'd rather gamble his life here than to live with this on his conscious.
    Remember my name, it is USOPP! And if I die here, build a statue of me next to Noland! I'll become your "legendary hero" here and now!
    All the toys at the factory hears his speech, the man who will be their hero.

Usopp attacks Trebol with Shurikens (Plantanas Shruiken?) made out of plants, which seems to have chopped Trebol in half!
    (although he's likely a logia...)

Meanwhile in the room of Suits
    as Luffy, Violet, and Kyros waits for their opportunity, Kyros finds a good sword to use.
    Violet explains to Luffy how Kyros was in the tournament, and Kyros' flashback begins.

A young boy named Kyros, age of 15, murdered someone in the slums.
    The king and his men come to arrest him, and he attacks King Riku.
    (Kyros looks like young Dragon btw)
    As the guards try to fire upon Kyros, the king stops them. He asks Kyros to come with him.
    Enraged Kyros had committed murder to avenge the death of his friend.
    He must fight in the Coliseum to win his freedom. A hundred win is needed for it.

In matter of 4 months he has earned his freedome with one hundred victories.
    But he has grown to like the Coliseum, as he is wanted and needed there.
    He chooses to stay.

He continues to build victories after victories, and contestants from all over the world come to challenge Kyros.
    He fought giants, and even Fishmen underwater. After 4 years, he has reached the heights no gladiator has ever seen... 1000 victories.

Kyros visits his friend's grave, and meets King Riku there.
    He burst in tears saying no matter what he does the rest of his life, he is remembered as a murderer.
    He wishes people would just forget about him entirely...

Ironically, the wish of his youth was granted decades later, in the worst possible way.

End of chapter

No chapter next issue.

My thoughts:

Usopp manning up, fuck yeah! Kyros flashback, sounds interesting (everyone here apparently hates flashbacks, but I like them). And FUCK NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

rip

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    rip
    If you're referring to big nose, I agree. If you're referring to the last little line in the spoilers, I'm just the messenger bro. Don't ban me bro

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    And FUCK NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    Shouldn't be surprising. Oda was given a schedule of four chapters and then a break by his editors some time after he got sick.