Page 296 of 311 FirstFirst ... 246 286 294 295 296 297 298 306 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Spoiler: show
    So, kind of confused about those poneglyphs giving 4 locations to find the final island with one piece potentially on it. Couldn't you just figure out the island's location with 2-3 of the stones? >.> The last stone's location being unknown doesn't seem like it would really matter much if the others could already just lead you there anyways.

Other than that though, fantastic chapter for story progression.

edit: Guess I should spoiler tag all that.
    Complete speculation:
    Need 3 poneglyphs to triangulate the location if it's above/below sea level, which is highly possible. The 4th doesn't point to a location, but is a calendar for when the island appears or something like that.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

X marks the spot! Simple pirate logic bro, gotta have 4 end-points to make the X. Does give some great storyline potential for the last poneglyph though, so many people who could have possession of it (Shanks, Blackbeard, Revolutionary Army, the Marines, the Tenryubito, some unknown new characters, etc, etc).

Great chapter though, really gives a direction of where the plot is going and what the crew will eventually have to deal with. Oda does throw some big curveballs out though so I can see the plot taking some unexpected twists and turns. But logically, it seems like Sanji/Big Mom is first, followed by saving the Wano country and taking out Kaidou. Can't forget Blackbead and the Revolutionary Army duking it out in the background either. Lotta good shit to look forward to.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Holy hell this chapter had more endgame information than the last 100 combined.

Also Luffy shitting on Momonosuke's pretentiousness is hilarious.
    My thoughts exactly. What a fantastic chapter, holy shit. So much hype.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Regarding the Poneglyphs' info:
    Just having 3 points wouldn't be useful for triangulating the final spot. Say you connect two of the points with a line, the 3rd point alone wouldn't be able to tell you where on that line Raftel is located. You'll need the 4th point to make another line so you can intersect the first line. Like Vaspinne said, X marks the spot. Not to mention, if you only have 3 points, do you know how the points connect with each other? Does the first point connect with the second or the third/fourth? Given the nature of the Grand Line, just mindlessly sailing around seems reckless.

Also, my sides at Luffy's face in this panel lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

How are people thinking two points would be enough when we are talking about a sphere? Am I missing something?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Stilzkin View Post
    How are people thinking two points would be enough when we are talking about a sphere? Am I missing something?
    Based on the picture shown when they were talking about it in the chapter, it just looked like it would be in the middle of all 4 of the locations. With 2 points, it would still be in the middle of those 2 points. Unless it is more complicated than that.

edit: I guess it would depend which 2 locations you got, oops. So yeah, would most likely need 3.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For anyone interested, it seems next week should be the finale of the Luffy vs Doffy fight. Should end with a massive King Kong gun! Better do that moment justice, the manga was fucking gorgeously drawn.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Next week doesn't have an episode, because it's been postponed due to the 2016 Nagoya Women's Marathon.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Chapter is out at mangastream. Great chapter, Luffy continues to be awesome and things are heating up faster than I expected.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Looks like the Zou arc is gonna go on a bit longer with the upcoming fight with Jack. And then there's at least 2-3 arcs being forecast after that (Rescue Sanji from Big Mom, take out Kaido, and finding Raftel). We're a loooong way from done! Hoping it doesn't get as stretched out as Dressrosa tho.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Looks like the Zou arc is gonna go on a bit longer with the upcoming fight with Jack. And then there's at least 2-3 arcs being forecast after that (Rescue Sanji from Big Mom, take out Kaido, and finding Raftel). We're a loooong way from done! Hoping it doesn't get as stretched out as Dressrosa tho.
    Raftel is definitely end-game. I don't think we'll see that until the final arc or the arc leading to the final arc. But yeah, lots of good shit to look forward to.

Still have Revolutionaries vs Blackbeard, anything World Government+The Navy+The Void Century (I think that's what it was called), anything Shanks involved, Jinbei eventually joining the crew (I have a feeling he'll be involved with the Save Sanji arc as he said he had to cut ties with Big Mom before he could join Luffy). Plus whatever other shit Oda decides to toss our way

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Raftel is definitely end-game. I don't think we'll see that until the final arc or the arc leading to the final arc. But yeah, lots of good shit to look forward to.

Still have Revolutionaries vs Blackbeard, anything World Government+The Navy+The Void Century (I think that's what it was called), anything Shanks involved, Jinbei eventually joining the crew (I have a feeling he'll be involved with the Save Sanji arc as he said he had to cut ties with Big Mom before he could join Luffy). Plus whatever other shit Oda decides to toss our way
    I'm thinking they'll get to Raftel, find out the truth, then might turn around and destroy the world government because of it.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    I'm thinking they'll get to Raftel, find out the truth, then might turn around and destroy the world government because of it.
    Finding One Piece is how the show is gonna end. I imagine Luffy is gonna fuck up the World Government before that point. Luffy taking down Kaido + Big Mom is going to make him a huge target for the Marines and WG.

I don't think this Jack fight is going to take too too long. I think we already hit a lot of the backstory/side character stuff the last bunch of chapters, and are gonna get into fucking up Jack soon. He also has a 1B bounty so it should be interesting.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Finding One Piece is how the show is gonna end. I imagine Luffy is gonna fuck up the World Government before that point. Luffy taking down Kaido + Big Mom is going to make him a huge target for the Marines and WG.

I don't think this Jack fight is going to take too too long. I think we already hit a lot of the backstory/side character stuff the last bunch of chapters, and are gonna get into fucking up Jack soon. He also has a 1B bounty so it should be interesting.

Finding One Piece is definitely not the end.

Roger's crew came to some realization at the end of the grandline about the lost history. They didn't know what to do with the truth and so their decision was to leave it to the next generation to discover and decide. The strawhats are obviously going to be the ones to decide what to do and carry it out, and with that surpassing Roger.

I'd be disappointed if the truth was simply that the world government was bad and should be stopped. That's something most readers are already thinking so the "truth" wouldn't really be meaningful. Wouldn't make sense for Rayleigh to have sounded like they were conflicted about what decision to take either if it was so simple.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Stilzkin View Post

Finding One Piece is definitely not the end.

Roger's crew came to some realization at the end of the grandline about the lost history. They didn't know what to do with the truth and so their decision was to leave it to the next generation to discover and decide. The strawhats are obviously going to be the ones to decide what to do and carry it out, and with that surpassing Roger.

I'd be disappointed if the truth was simply that the world government was bad and should be stopped. That's something most readers are already thinking so the "truth" wouldn't really be meaningful. Wouldn't make sense for Rayleigh to have sounded like they were conflicted about what decision to take either if it was so simple.

The best part is that when this happens and the Strawhats have to make what is probably going to be a pretty logical and sound decision, Luffy is gonna pull a Luffy and choose the awesome "fuck what everyone thinks, I'm gonna stick to being a pirate" decision

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Out early on MS. Get it while it's hot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

These recent chapters have been jam-packed with nutrients.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And another week hiatus <_< gdi Oda!!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Last few chapters have been so good. A few thoughts though..

Who is going to get Sanji and who is going to Wano? It seems Franky/Robin/??? are going to Wano instead to get Marco? Since we got a week off we might be able to try to figure out how the crew is getting split up.

And I feel like it isn't even worth mentioning that Luffy can hear the voice of the Elephant.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Last few chapters have been so good. A few thoughts though..

Who is going to get Sanji and who is going to Wano? It seems Franky/Robin/??? are going to Wano instead to get Marco? Since we got a week off we might be able to try to figure out how the crew is getting split up.

And I feel like it isn't even worth mentioning that Luffy can hear the voice of the Elephant.
    I thought the chapter made it pretty clear that Brook, Chopper and Nami were going with Luffy to get Sanji. They were kind of neglected at the end of the Dressrosa arc so it does kind of make sense I guess. Seems like the rest of the crew will go to Wano unless something else splits them up further in the upcoming chapter.

And yeah, him hearing the elephant isn't surprising. He was able to hear the Sea Kings on Mermaid Island (like Gol D. Roger) so chalk it up to it being because he either is a D or because of his conqueror's haki. Or maybe some unknown third reason, who knows.

For clarity's sake, Luffy+co going for Sanji, Nekomushi+co going for Marco and Kinemon+co are going to Wano. Don't know who's joining Nekomushi at this point though, whether it's other Strawhats, the Heart Pirates or just some Minks.