Page 303 of 311 FirstFirst ... 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Whole Cake Island might also not end completely and the focus might just shift to Wano for a bit so we end up with 2 concurrent arcs.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's hard to figure when Cake Island started. The story kind of started on Zou when Sanji left, but didn't really officially start until the crew split up. I could totally see 2 concurrent arcs going. But at the same time outside of the occasional flashback there hasn't been an arc that didn't have Luffy involved so I kind of doubt it'll happen.

Considering what's happening now in the story though it doesn't seem like Cake Island will drag on too long like Dressrosa. The amount of notable characters that'll eat up screen time is a lot less (Strawhats, Gladiators, Dwarves, Revolutionary Army, Dressrosa Royalty, Dofla crew, Marines vs Strawhats, Sanji famjam, Big Mom and a couple minks). Plus it looks like things are already ramping up with Brook going all out (super badass last chapter by the way) and Chopper about to make an escape and etc, etc.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So looking it up, the split happened at around April. Which means if it's half way done, then by summer this arc should be done. That's not so bad.

Especially considering the crew arrived at Dressrosa 3/2013 and left for Zou 9/2015.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good chapter. Not looking forward to the Goldenweek or whatever breaks soon during all this stuff going on.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I know I said it before but I really hope Carrot remains in the crew, I like her a lot!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    I know I said it before but I really hope Carrot remains in the crew, I like her a lot!
    I'd imagine Jinbe officially joins after this arc. Carrot would be a fun addition too

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I completely forgot Jinbei is there on the island so that's another wildcard on Luffy's side (maybe?).

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This arc is so damn good. Toei better do it justice when it comes to animating it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    This arc is so damn good. Toei better do it justice when it comes to animating it.
    I felt they kind of dropped the ball with Dressrosa. The biggest moments for me (Sabo getting the flame fruit, Zoro slicing up Pica and Luffy going G4) were all drawn out and slow as fuck. They used to do a chapter and a half to 2 chapters worth of content per episode, but they just drag out actions or overuse and reuse crowd reactions to spread out a chapter per episode now. It just doesn't have that high action pace and flow that made it fun and funny like it used to.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I felt they kind of dropped the ball with Dressrosa. The biggest moments for me (Sabo getting the flame fruit, Zoro slicing up Pica and Luffy going G4) were all drawn out and slow as fuck. They used to do a chapter and a half to 2 chapters worth of content per episode, but they just drag out actions or overuse and reuse crowd reactions to spread out a chapter per episode now. It just doesn't have that high action pace and flow that made it fun and funny like it used to.
    My dude its been 1 chapter = 1 episode for yearssssss. I stopped watching the anime ages ago because of it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pre-skip was really good! They had a solid pace then!

Edit: You could also argue that pre-skip was years ago too. So it fits in with what you're saying lol

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Im pretty sure Impel Down/War were one chapter = one episode too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, they need to just do reruns for OP so they can catch up on source material. Sorry to say but the Naruto filler arc is surely showing its merits. I haven't been able to watch OP anime in years because of how slow it is. And I mostly watched the anime for probably around half the story (as of today) before I even started reading it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thiller Bark was done really well! Everything from after they got Sanji to TB was solid! I mean, Enes Lobby? Come on, so well done. Like, this joke took 2 minutes of screen time. If it was done now, it'd last 10 lol

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Thiller Bark was done really well! Everything from after they got Sanji to TB was solid! I mean, Enes Lobby? Come on, so well done. Like, this joke took 2 minutes of screen time. If it was done now, it'd last 10 lol

Yeah Thriller Bark was great. I think at Shabondy is when the show started to go the super slow route. My worst memory was at fishman island at some parts it felt like fucking DBZ. Something minor would happen and you'd see everyones reaction to it. It was so mind numbingly dumb.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I totally agree. At this point I only chime into the anime to see certain moments animated. And even then it's rough to watch. Gear 4? Ugh

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This week's episode was really atrocious with the time dilation. I'd rather they just add an actual ED again instead of this horrendous pacing.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    This week's episode was really atrocious with the time dilation. I'd rather they just add an actual ED again instead of this horrendous pacing.
    The OP and the intro animation up to the title card already take up 5 full minutes each episode lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Reminds me of the Bleach anime sometimes. They'd have their intro and then a huge thing recapping the previous episode(s) lol.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No Jump this week?