Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Question Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Re: Question Discussion

I noticed that too. The "Reward" section of the graph is listed on the Z-Axis, which is incorrect. It should be on the Y-Axis, while the Z-Axis lists the different players.

Banned.

BG Level

I thought no joke questions...

I realized the chart format was inaccurate too, didn't have enough space in the image to label the y-axis. That's what I get for cooking that up in 5 minutes yesterday I guess.

I went ahead and redid the chart with minor additions. I still have a feeling it doesn't accurately depict every single player/group
    examples:
    Player A type - gets nothing in beginning, a notable abundance of rewards somewhere along the middle, decreases near end but still a slight increase from start.
    Player B type - little in beginning, not so much along time, then sharp increase in end.
    Player C - little in beginning, little in middle, little-nothing in end.
    Player D - Very lucky in beginning, but not so lucky towards end.
    (Prospective Player - lucky the whole time? Are there lucky people like this out there, aside from abusive linkshell leaders?)

E - This is the "basic" progression most people associate with. The more time you spend in some event, the reward "should" be higher. Think of it for example as Dynamis. Technically the more time you spend, most likely you'll get what you want. But this is not always the case with certain items that seem to have varying randomness in what determines it to drop, netting some people(or groups) a reward in a very short period of time, while others may take years to accomplish the same thing.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    I think the price of salvage body + head are way too much. I'm trying to see which head piece is really worth 2m...The body armor for 8-9M is a joke due to the fact that most people have to upgrade 2-3 body armors. I think they need to change items needed for head armor to like 100-500k.. The body armor should be 2-3M tops.
    I can agree that most of the Head pieces aren't worth the cost, but here's the best part: You don't have to upgrade them.

As for the body armor: You don't have to upgrade those either. Sure, I plan on upgrading Morrigan's Robe as a 2nd Body piece eventually, but it's not something I need to have. These are all luxury items that are generally very nice for the jobs that can use them (I'm of the opinion Smn got hosed on Marduk).

If the price is too far out of reach, there's always other alternatives that are almost as good. Can't afford Morrigan's Robe/Marduk's Jubbah? Go camp Aspi/Nid for Dalm and hope the abj drops. That's assuming you can get claim. Smn can camp YYR, that's even free. Not really sure how Usukane compares to things like Shura Togi & Haub. Ares is hard to replace the Refresh, but I guess you could buy a Haub for WS and V.Cloak for Refresh between pulls. Could also camp Nid for Adaberk instead of the Haub, but there's that claim and drop issue again.

To sum the above up:

None of the Salvage armor is needed by any job. They're nice, but there's also cheaper alternatives that aren't much worse. If someone really wants to upgrade any of the items, they'll find a way to make it happen instead of complaining about the prices and hoping SE will eventually do something.

Ashira

I'm sorry, I just had to comment on this posed question:

There are many players who have played FFXI for 3-4 years or longer and of all the decisions they made long ago only one is one decison still is irreperable: the race they chose. Have you re-considered allowing players 1 opportunity to make a race change after for example playing for 1 year? Can you briefly explain why everything else: server, job, name, gear, spells, merits, country, macros, linkshell, even quest rewards can be changed but not this?
    I can explain it. If you're born a Mithra, you can't just magically turn into a Taru. Or Galka. Etc.

I was born human irl, but damn I wanna be a unicorn.. where do I go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira

There are many players who have played FFXI for 3-4 years or longer and of all the decisions they made long ago only one is one decison still is irreperable: the race they chose. Have you re-considered allowing players 1 opportunity to make a race change after for example playing for 1 year? Can you briefly explain why everything else: server, job, name, gear, spells, merits, country, macros, linkshell, even quest rewards can be changed but not this?
    I can explain it. If you're born a Mithra, you can't just magically turn into a Taru. Or Galka. Etc.

I wholeheartedly agree. Their response is going to be something along the lines of "you always have the option to create a new character at any given time".

I also wanted to say that many of these questions are pertaining to single-job related problems, such as BLU, SMN, BLM, etc etc. This is going to be too much at the interview discussion, I'm frankly sure none of them want to hear about job X problems in detail unless there's some kind of exploit going on for them, then Berticus will have to spend an excess amount of time trying to describe the problem into context for them to get an idea what's with it. I'm fairly certain enough to make the assumption that Mr. Tanaka, Sundi, and whoever else goes are people who don't play the game enough to realize what is wrong or needs correction. This is my guessimate to why a lot of job propositions have been given in the past, and why each time there is a new update it "doesn't" correctly fix what they were hoping for. It takes time for them to get the idea and many fixes to perfect it (such as, the eternal PLD vs NIN debate that died down now).

Imo, any job specific upgrade questions should wait. The problem that everyone is having is that the development team isn't quick enough or doesn't have the necessary resources to cover the general population necessities, wishes/desires. It would be in the benefit for every single job if a question was asked to increase SE's dev. staff in response to all the yearning for this and that. If similar to WoW's catering of the crowd (I don't play nor have ever installed WoW, just FYI if someone decides to flame me), the dev. team or the customer satisfaction team are constantly patrolling what the public wants, then makes frequent updates to address them. I would assume that SE could do the same, and a lot of job problems could be addressed much sooner. A plausible explanation I could forsee for this is because the dev. team for FFXI is located in Japan. I'm unsure if they have NA counterparts but from seeing most of the updates and news over the years it feels like most if not all were done by Japan SE Developers. WoW's main CSR/CSi teams are all in US (Blizzard being in CA), so much of the addressing is taken note of fairly quickly.

And in regards to old zones - Ru'Avitau meriting, exping on Tavnazia rams, whatever. This is a problem that isn't just limited to FFXI, it happens to all RPGs out there that get an expansion. It's purely marketing sense to implement the new stuff with the "goodies" so that everyone can continue to keep the revenue flowing in. Sure, I think they may fix something that could make '04-'05 zones better, but trust me on that I believe they will never attempt to make it better than what WoTG would have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    I think the price of salvage body + head are way too much. I'm trying to see which head piece is really worth 2m...The body armor for 8-9M is a joke due to the fact that most people have to upgrade 2-3 body armors. I think they need to change items needed for head armor to like 100-500k.. The body armor should be 2-3M tops.
    I can agree that most of the Head pieces aren't worth the cost, but here's the best part: You don't have to upgrade them.

As for the body armor: You don't have to upgrade those either. Sure, I plan on upgrading Morrigan's Robe as a 2nd Body piece eventually, but it's not something I need to have. These are all luxury items that are generally very nice for the jobs that can use them (I'm of the opinion Smn got hosed on Marduk).

If the price is too far out of reach, there's always other alternatives that are almost as good. Can't afford Morrigan's Robe/Marduk's Jubbah? Go camp Aspi/Nid for Dalm and hope the abj drops. That's assuming you can get claim. Smn can camp YYR, that's even free. Not really sure how Usukane compares to things like Shura Togi & Haub. Ares is hard to replace the Refresh, but I guess you could buy a Haub for WS and V.Cloak for Refresh between pulls. Could also camp Nid for Adaberk instead of the Haub, but there's that claim and drop issue again.

To sum the above up:

None of the Salvage armor is needed by any job. They're nice, but there's also cheaper alternatives that aren't much worse. If someone really wants to upgrade any of the items, they'll find a way to make it happen instead of complaining about the prices and hoping SE will eventually do something.
    I can upgrade anything this game has to offer...I just think the prices are insane.. People who think the prices are fair are fucking nuts. If NMs dropped synthesis materials that would make things a lot better.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi
    I agree that Salvage bodies should stay at least somewhat rare, but I think some of the materials are a little more rare than is necessary at the current moment. It really would be nice to see khroma, and maybe even orichalcum and bloodwood, drop at least occasionally in Einherjar and Salvage.
    Considering there's currently 20 Khroma Ores listed on Kujata as of my post, I wouldn't say that Khroma is rare....And 18 sold yesterday alone.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=685&sid=24

Wootz Ore is rarer than Khroma mainly due to the fact you can only attempt to "farm" it every 3 days and only in certain Dynamis zones. So why is it that I don't hear people complaining about that?

Simple, it's because of the price. (and I see Wootz Ore is 110k on Kujata with 0 listed.)

Yes, getting the drops from Salvage can be a pain, but you should have to put in a decent amount of work (or have really good luck) to get armor that's as nice as some of these pieces are. The Body pieces are generally the best pieces of each set, so of course the materials are going to cost more.

If you want the price to drop, simply don't buy the ores and let the AH get flooded. People will start undercutting. Prices dropped on Fairy from 330k to 250k due to people realizing this.
    I really agree freaking wootz ore is rarer than khroma and it's annoying that it only comes from an old event requiring people to keep doing an old event to finish new armor seems retarded to me; cause face it if everyone stopped doing dynamis-bastok salvage bodies would almost impossible to upgrade. SE needs to add new dam source of them else where like mining in WOTG or something. and here prices never drop cause crafters camp AH and retards pay 100k more for the ingots. /rantoff

Aldaris

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarage
    Please please PLEASE ask the Summoner question! We summoners were given a ray of hope, and then shoved away in a corner. What happened to the "Have your avatar out for longer than a few seconds"?!
    Summoner
    An ability lets you recover MP from a summoned elemental. Weather and Day will have an effect. "As for new Avatars, I:m sorry but I cannot say anything as of yet."
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28529
    I second this...>.>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Question 4
    Campaign battles have become very popular. However one of the downsides I've noticed is that it's hard to tell how long battles have been going on for when deciding which region to warp to. Would it be possible to include the start time of battles on the Campaign Map when checking areas?
    This is a great idea and should be doable. In fact, since the start time is known, it should be possible for the game to tell us the duration of the battle so far (calculate it client-side).

I like the question about Campaign Ops quotas but I imagine that this issue might be addressed or adjusted in the version update, so it makes sense to wait and see first.

looking at the questions and stuff id suggest this to you berc if you dont do this already, some of the questions are like small nitpicks (EX:i wish there would be more incentive to returning the astral candy) not worthy of its own big question(dont mean like that but more like not a general big problem like AV or einherjar), so maybe make a list of all those smaller questions and just give it to them so at least after the interview is over they can look over them and see if they like/agree with any of the ideas?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Khroma Ore is rare, the only reason it's not rarer is because RMT bots and everyone else are mining them like mad because it has an insane demand. Then also you have people spamming ISNMs. Khroma is actually cheap as it is going to be because of the demand.

The only reason to do an uncapped ISNM is to get Khroma Ore the rest of the items that drop from them are crap or are from the 60 caps (it's like enfeebling torques the BCNM is a pain in the ass so the price goes up and down a fair a bit.) There are no additional sources that people can get Khroma from (besides the aforementioned mining.) BCNMs are done all the time because they drop other valuable things +crit weapons, v.claws, adaman ingots, etc. That's why those other ores

As it stands though let's compare them to king drops which are a good comparison since they are both close in terms of power.

Kings can easily now be killed with 8-12 people spending 0-3 hrs camping (claiming takes more but let's forget about botting, claiming, MPKing, and drama for a second and consider it how SE planned the system.) Kings also have long windows minimum 42-120 hrs since the last time. From what I've heard they actually have a pretty good drop rate for this game maybe 20% for the bodies? (Someone tell me if I'm wrong and, no, not talking about d.ring.) Finally kings also drop gil items, most are worthless now, but they do drop them.

Salvage firstly you have to spend about 15-60 mins every time you want to do a run doing assault(s) to get the AP for your permit. Next you can only do Salvage once every 24 hrs so slightly faster spam rate but you need to be at a high rank to do the assaults that net you 1500 AP (so a fairly big prerequisite just so you can do salvage once a day.) Salvage will most likely take you less than the full time given but if you are efficient you'll usually try to use at least 50-75% of the time given. Now you have the drops level 15 drops really good drop rate off the right mobs probably 25-100%. Level 25 drops 100% but the drops off chariots are totally random and you can end up taking forever to see your drop show up since it shares the slot of every other drop so +30% of the time you see what you actually need. Level 35 drops it's very hard to estimate on how bad a drop rate they have but most likely we're looking at 2-5% people are often going 0/20-30 on them.

Best case scenario with kings you get ToD that took you 20 minutes of walking to DA and seeing Faf die. 21 hrs later you get claim and kill in 20 minutes it drops your body.
    40 mins of actual play time = E.Body abj.
    Worst case scenario with kings (based on other LSs and broken system this is a bit harsh but this is more or less thinking a LS that actually claims a third of time.) ToD you camp kings 75 days in a row claiming on and off to finally get your drop you probably would have spent 225 hrs of actual play time at the most actually camping. Being that ToDs shift into time zones that you wouldn't go to that changes things but ultimately that wouldn't change the amount of hrs actually spent camping by much.

Best case for Salvage you do 4 runs for Ares Cuirass, 8 Assaults 15 mins each (since ranking up would take longer,) Salvage runs say using 50 minutes each run (some would be way shorter than others.)
    320 mins of actual play time = Ares Cuirass parts
    Worst case scenario Salvage. You start from scratch doing assaults it'll take you 40 days and least 5 days of failed assaults (a lot of assaults are luck based at least 5 of them have I'd say have about a 50% loss rate) just to rank up to Red vs. Blue. An average of 20 mins an assault (I believe that's a fair estimation.) those 45 days would net you approx. 40,000 AP about 26 runs at 80 mins a run (your group wants to make the most of the runs.) 2 runs to get your zhalyom card and 1 run for your 15 drop, 4 run to get you your 25 piece, and 50 runs to get your 35 piece. first 26 runs are at 20 mins + 80 mins (45 days) and 31 run at 15 mins + 80 mins (31 days.) 92 hrs over 77 days

The only thing to examine is the cost difference I'll maybe do that in a bit (or if someone else feels like estimating the time spent.) The systems look like they are fairly balanced as hard as it is to believe.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Question 1
    Could you please make a quest than enables you to join/synth NQ/HQ staffs into a Rainbow/Prisim staff (and somehow work out the potency/resists so that when using a thunder spell, you would still get the +% of thunder, but not the penalty of earth, maybe it would work best with 2 staffs? light,thunder,fire,wind and dark,blizzard,water,stone), same with elemental obi's.
    IMO, they should do this with claustrum and enhance it a little further so the thing can have a fucking use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight
    I really agree freaking wootz ore is rarer than khroma and it's annoying that it only comes from an old event requiring people to keep doing an old event to finish new armor seems retarded to me; cause face it if everyone stopped doing dynamis-bastok salvage bodies would almost impossible to upgrade. SE needs to add new dam source of them else where like mining in WOTG or something. and here prices never drop cause crafters camp AH and retards pay 100k more for the ingots. /rantoff
    Wootz ore is only really "common" in Dynamis-Bastok, honestly (last time, we got nine, LS bank uses them to defray hourglass costs).

But hey, since currency's value is going down so much, having another option to pay things off doesn't sting too much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by gaidensensei
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashira

I wholeheartedly agree. Their response is going to be something along the lines of "you always have the option to create a new character at any given time".
    This question was asked by Bercus on 8/11/2006 at Lepzig as part of a question involving Race, CoP rings, etc. (question 9 in the second interview I believe) and their answer was not so non-responsive.

The answer appeared then, just like the original responses to expanding inventory and changing servers (which was obviously later fixed) that there was a game limitation. If the anwer was worth asking 18 months ago, it certainly is more worthy now especially since the community is 18 months older, the new trend has been to increase more gear towards rare/exe, and there would significantly more quests / missions to repeat.

Here is what they said:

Saori : there were some reasons, where we decided you cant change it, but like when you have black hair you cant just change it. Once chosen in game, you can’t change it. There must have been a reason for the development team to not be able to rechose.

Bercus : In real life you just go to a hair dresser and he/she colours your hair. In game you don’t think its possible

Sundi : I don’t know yet.

Clearly the answer was not 100% certain as to why and it was related to a development team decision and possbily game limitiations. It was not because they didn't 'want' people to be able to change.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I can upgrade anything this game has to offer...I just think the prices are insane.. People who think the prices are fair are fucking nuts. If NMs dropped synthesis materials that would make things a lot better.
    So does this mean you think every relic owner is "fucking nuts"? Yes, some are really good, but are they worth what they cost?

Khroma Ore is not rare in the sense that it's only a less common drop/mining result. Things like Black belt items are much rarer because they are only introduced into the system a very limited number of times per day - Your only chances are 100% from Kings, low chance from NQ & decent chance from KS99. Aside from KS99, you have to compete against others just to even get a chance at them (not counting shells that give away excess Items). Yet do you see Mnks complaining this much about having to go to camps just to hope some shell will be generous to give them an item should it drop? (I'm sure they do complain, but they still go out and do what's needed to get what they want.)

Khroma Ore isn't rare, Wootz Ore is.
    Price is fine, good things should cost more than others.
    If it's too much, then don't buy/upgrade it.

So does this mean you think every relic owner is "fucking nuts"? Yes, some are really good, but are they worth what they cost?

Khroma Ore is not rare in the sense that it's only a less common drop/mining result. Things like Black belt items are much rarer because they are only introduced into the system a very limited number of times per day - Your only chances are 100% from Kings, low chance from NQ & decent chance from KS99. Aside from KS99, you have to compete against others just to even get a chance at them (not counting shells that give away excess Items). Yet do you see Mnks complaining this much about having to go to camps just to hope some shell will be generous to give them an item should it drop? (I'm sure they do complain, but they still go out and do what's needed to get what they want.)

Did you just compare the cost of armor to the cost of a relic.. Please stfu...Actually anybody that puts ores status in their sig is lol the start with...The price has nothing to do with it being rare..If people get the drop they will upgrade anyway even if it takes a couple months. Something being rare in this game shouldn't mean a bad drop rate or a claim...It should be rare because the difficulty of the fight. Good things should cost more than others... Ebody is 100k and Ares body is 9m....

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Did you just compare the cost of armor to the cost of a relic.. Please stfu...Actually anybody that puts ores status in their sig is lol the start with...The price has nothing to do with it being rare..If people get the drop they will upgrade anyway even if it takes a couple months. Something being rare in this game shouldn't mean a bad drop rate or a claim...It should be rare because the difficulty of the fight. Good things should cost more than others... Ebody is 100k and Ares body is 9m....
    How about Ebody+1? and she wasn't calling salvage gear relics. She was saying if its a good piece of equip, then it'll be worth it to upgrade. If its not worth 9m to you, then guess what, nobody has a gun to your head and is forcing you to upgrade it. Want lower Khroma prices for everyone? Buy one, put on AH for cheap and make sure there is a friend there to bid on it the exact second u put it up and repeat until Khroma is at/near desired price and people will then proceed to undercut you, then buy all u want at that price (works for me on stuff I want anyway; food, meds, ect ect). Thats besides the point though. If its not worth 9m to you, don't spend 9m to upgrade it? Once everyone else gets all their salvage gear and its not in high demand anymore, the prices WILL drop so you wait your many months and buy it for that cheaper price.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, I did. I'll show you why:

I can upgrade anything this game has to offer...I just think the prices are insane.. People who think the prices are fair are fucking nuts.
    Do I see you complaining about relic prices? That is something the game has to offer after all.

If you want to bring up sigs, I find it sad someone with 3 (maybe 4 since you list ?? Gold) Crafts at 100 has to complain about prices of things. I only have 100 Leather, but it sounds like I know more about making money with crafts than you do. Because of this, I don't complain about the price, I just craft more to make what's needed.

Before you say "It's too expensive for average players" or something equally stupid, I point you at the Salvage upgrade thread, as well as to Relics once again.

Something being rare in this game shouldn't mean a bad drop rate or a claim...It should be rare because the difficulty of the fight. Good things should cost more than others... Ebody is 100k and Ares body is 9m....
    I agree that things should be rare based on the difficulty of the fight. But honestly, aside from AV, what's hard in this game anymore? Odin? Sorry, but the fight itself is easy, it's getting there that's the "hard" part. Bahamut v2? Sorry, he usually dies within minutes these days.

Ebody is 100k and Ares body is 9m....
    Cursed Hauberk also isn't in quite the same supply & demand situation that Salvage Bodies are. But since you're a veteran crafter I woulda thought you knew this. Silly me.

I won't post more about Khroma prices at this point since flaming is inevitable at this point (if what we've posted isn't already considered such). I've made my points as to why the quetion should be invalid, so I'll leave it be til Bercus decides his questions to ask.

If you'd like to continue though, feel free to continue in the spam forum where it won't derail anything. ^o^

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

If its not worth 9m to you, don't spend 9m to upgrade it? Once everyone else gets all their salvage gear and its not in high demand anymore, the prices WILL drop so you wait your many months and buy it for that cheaper price.
    Doubt prices will drop they'd be more likely to go up once RMT stop mining it if the demand goes down. Basically I'd guess people are just going to start doing mining and ISNMs to get themselves the ore. The reason you have such a massive amount selling is right now there's a huge imbalance in the economy. We've got a lot of people who made millions during inflation and still have retarded amounts of gil. SE did nothing to curb that right now all those players with 100 mil bank rolls look at a Salvage body as a drop in the bucket.

The thing is SE is wanting salvage bodies to be rare I'm not really from making everything take forever in this game all basing it on luck but that said salvage vs kings is a fairly fair system. If you notice, most SE endgame systems are retarded in the amount of time consumed doing everything but the actually fights. For salvage though the you don't spend camping fafnogg is enough to make up for the time lost gathering the ore even if you do it physically yourself (just don't expect to have much gil for anything else while you're doing it.)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast