Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you had to pay for Salvage armors,how much would you put?

I'm curious to see what value you give to a salvage rar/ext item. Imagine someone shouts for your desired rar/ext item, when are you going to jump with him in Salvage, thinking that the price he proposes is reasonable?
    Let's assume that you are not a Gil Buyer and that you don't have Salvage Linkshell (or linkshell is doing your Salvage item route not as often as you'd want).

Let's start estimating rar/ext items prices with:
    • Morrigan Body 35 --> 3M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Ares Body 35 --> 3M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Usukane Body 35 --> 3M500k[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Marduk Body 35 --> 2M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Skadi Body 35 --> 2M500k
      [/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Usukane Feet 35 --> 2M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Marduk Feet 35 --> 2M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Skadi feet 35 --> 2M
    • Ares legs 35 --> 5M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Morrigan Legs 35 --> 5M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Marduk Legs 35 --> 2M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Usukane Legs 35 --> 2M
    • Morrigan Body 25 --> 1M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    • Ares Body 25 --> 1M[/*:m:3r1ilbuq]
    [*]Usukane Feet 25 --> 2M

Copy-paste, edit that code if you want, or add new items estimations:
    Code:
    • Morrigan Body 35 -->
    • Ares Body 35 -->
    • Usukane Body 35 -->
    • Marduk Body 35 -->
    • Skadi Body 35 -->
    • Usukane Feet 35 -->
    • Marduk Feet 35 -->
    • Skadi feet 35 -->
    • Ares legs 35 -->
    • Morrigan Legs 35 -->
    • Marduk Legs 35 -->
    • Usukane Legs 35 -->
    • Morrigan Body 25 -->
    • Ares Body 25 -->
    • Usukane Feet 25 -->
    Are you against rar/ext salvage items selling? Why?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: If you had to pay for Salvage armors,how much would you put?

pretty sure machas slops wouldnt be worth more then hikazu hara-ate

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Your idea of supply and demand are a little off.

The lv35 would depend on the what drops it, and the demand. The lv25 would be a set cost, doesn't matter which item (say, 1200k? 200k to each person who helps kill it. If you're lucky to get that much.). For Macha's Coat, I'd do at least 8mil, the piece is shitty rare. Usukane body is rare also but not as good, so maybe half that, I dunno.

The idea is retarded anyway, who cares how much each piece would be worth? People who sell that shit to players who can't earn it themselves are retarded and ruin the game.

Is that several millions for an attempt(drop or not)? Or is that several millions and you would attempt it until it drop? Unless you know a trick to guarantee drop.

Beside, how hard is it to put together a Salvage group? 7-8 people and you are done.

Pay if it drops, then lot.

I have a Salvage group, we are doing regulary Arrapago Remnants, we have no one on Ares Body 35 (because everyone who needed it got it).

That's why I was thinking shouting to sell it if it drops, then share between salvage members.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm sorry, but selling salvage ra/ex is promoting gil buying. That, or promoting lazyness, but chances are that a rich legitimate player isn't exactly lazy. So if we exclude the most likely interested people which are lazy gilbuyers, we are left with a very very very small chunk of players defined by being rich and having no friends. Because, as Nyuneko said, it's easy to pull a group up as long as you have a couple friends. Anyone can do it, this is not ground where you need a troop armed to the bone with more than ingame items.

So to answer your question:

I'm curious to see what value you give to a salvage rar/ext item.
    No price. Under my eyes, if someone is willing to pay, that someone doesn't deserve it. And if someone is willing to help gilbuyers by being a sellsword, i find that despicable. Helping people that deserve nothing over others that have had a horrible trail of bad luck because of SE's effort-blind system is simply wrong.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How is selling Salvage Pieces much worse then selling, say, Black Belt items or Byakko's Haidate?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My group is considering selling certain 35s as well, to help the members to upgrade the bodies they need. A 10M price tag isn't exactly a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira
    I'm sorry, but selling salvage ra/ex is promoting gil buying. That, or promoting lazyness, but chances are that a rich legitimate player isn't exactly lazy. So if we exclude the most likely interested people which are lazy gilbuyers, we are left with a very very very small chunk of players defined by being rich and having no friends. Because, as Nyuneko said, it's easy to pull a group up as long as you have a couple friends. Anyone can do it, this is not ground where you need a troop armed to the bone with more than ingame items.

No price. Under my eyes, if someone is willing to pay, that someone doesn't deserve it. And if someone is willing to help gilbuyers by being a sellsword, i find that despicable. Helping people that deserve nothing over others that have had a horrible trail of bad luck because of SE's effort-blind system is simply wrong.
    How is it promoting gil buying?
    It's not gonna make anyone that doesn't buy gil buy gil, you may get gilbuyers for customers, but not always.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi

It's not gonna make anyone that doesn't buy gil buy gil, you may get gilbuyers for customers, but not always.
    You are asking a question i already answered, read again.
    But i'll give you more reasons why it promotes gilbuying: It makes gil even more useful. Now your gilbuyers have even one more reason to buy it, they can now get salvage gear! I don't really think i need to explain this further, if you don't agree then you won't.

And about this:
    you may get gilbuyers for customers, but not always
    Can you give me a decent amount of examples of people that have enough gil to buy salvage items and pay for the cost of materials but at the same time don't already belong to a shell that does salvage? Most amazingly rich people i could point out already do salvage 5+ days a week anyway or belong to stablished shells that do this regularly, so they don't need to BUY an item. They need the item to drop -.-;
    If you think there's less gilbuyers than legitimate rich players without friends and/or end game LSs, then you are probably not noticing how big the RMT bussiness is.

To people claiming that getting a salvage group is easy : NO. You need at least 6 people, you need that those people do regularely salvage (2x a week or it is not worth it), you need the right jobs, you need that the said 6 people attend each time (must suck to be 5 because someone couldn't come, or to do arrapago when your bard doesn't come so no 6F for you), and more than anything else that those people get regular Assault points. So no it's not easy. I'd say it's hard simply because you cannot rely only on you to get the item.

Like Uzor, said a lot of monks I know got their Black Belt by buying the r/e drops, so really I don't see why you would accept this but not salvage. This has nothing to do with gilbuying. If you don't have the patience to build your salvage group, just farm money and buy the items.

Anyway my group is considering selling some 35 when the last people that want it get them. NMs like arrapago's chariot or Zayolm's frogs drop plenty for us. You know If one day i see a shout "1 Million and usukane feet is yours" I'll pay that anytime. I don't care about losing 1.5k AP lol.

But i'll give you more reasons why it promotes gilbuying: It makes gil even more useful. Now your gilbuyers have even one more reason to buy it, they can now get salvage gear! I don't really think i need to explain this further, if you don't agree then you won't.

And about this:
    [quote:3ro3g8j5]
    Can you give me a decent amount of examples of people that have enough gil to buy salvage items and pay for the cost of materials but at the same time don't already belong to a shell that does salvage? Most amazingly rich people i could point out already do salvage 5+ days a week anyway or belong to stablished shells that do this regularly, so they don't need to BUY an item. They need the item to drop -.-;
    If you think there's less gilbuyers than legitimate rich players without friends and/or end game LSs, then you are probably not noticing how big the RMT bussiness is.[/quote:3ro3g8j5]

It's not hard to make easy gil if you have one of the right jobs.
    BLM or RDM are two of these.
    Solo/Duo ENMs can bring alot of gil if you get lucky.
    Also solo sky triggers for decent gil. Ofc it takes awhile, but you can make alot of gil overtime through this way.

And about this:
    [quote:1yonl0j4]
    If you think there's less gilbuyers than legitimate rich players without friends and/or end game LSs, then you are probably not noticing how big the RMT bussiness is.
    Also solo sky triggers for decent gil. Ofc it takes awhile, but you can make alot of gil overtime through this way.[/quote:1yonl0j4]

Yes or level THF and kill spiders outside alzabi, 2K for a web, 1/2 drop rate with TH3, as a bonus you make lolcrafters happy.

edit : 3k a web lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by pchan
    To people claiming that getting a salvage group is easy : NO. You need at least 6 people, you need that those people do regularely salvage (2x a week or it is not worth it), you need the right jobs, you need that the said 6 people attend each time (must suck to be 5 because someone couldn't come, or to do arrapago when your bard doesn't come so no 6F for you), and more than anything else that those people get regular Assault points. So no it's not easy. I'd say it's hard simply because you cannot rely only on you to get the item.
    Funny. I've been leading my group that's compossed of way more people than i'd initialy have liked (although now we are managing to be efficient with it) and i get tells every week about people wanting to join. I simply can't accept any more. So i don't know, maybe it's your server, but in mine people are making lines to actualy do salvage. If they just gathered together like any other group for any other activity they could get going.
    Job selection isn't a problem anymore, most people i know have at least 2 lv75 jobs.
    Also, gear is barely a problem either because you can do pretty much everything half naked if your two tanks and your main healer are slightly pimped.
    AP isn't a problem. RvB takes 10 minutes to perform and it gives exactly 1.500 points with 4 people, there is almost no chance to mess up unless you do it blindflolded. If it's possible to actualy manage LSs with 40+ people to do an event that takes 4 hours two days a week, i'm sure you could setup a 6 man party that does RvB to get enough points for, say, 3 runs a week?

Personaly, i think you are making this look harder than it really is

Like Uzor, said a lot of monks I know got their Black Belt by buying the r/e drops, so really I don't see why you would accept this but not salvage. This has nothing to do with gilbuying. If you don't have the patience to build your salvage group, just farm money and buy the items.
    All the people i personaly know with a BB have never bought a piece, but there's a huge difference anyway. You can do salvage with 6 people, you can do it every day, you do NOT need to fight for the monster that will pop (salvage is instanced, it's all up to you, you will get the chance), you do NOT need an alliance to fight the monster and you do NOT (as an alternative to some of the BB items) get 99 kindred seals for it as well as finding enough people for the BC.

Also solo sky triggers for decent gil. Ofc it takes awhile, but you can make alot of gil overtime through this way.
    Ofcourse you can make gil over time. Ofcourse you can make A LOT of gil over time. But this, as you said in the bolded text, takes time. This means that your costumer isn't lazy to farm gil, but is lazy to get a salvage group going.
    Buying a piece does NOT grant you a faster drop. No matter what, the best you get is one chance per day and that's all. The profile of someone being able to spend their time on making gil instead of doing salvage every week is very very small compared to the possible gilbuyer interested in this.
    Again, if you are willing to go every day with your sellsword group to get that CHANCE at the item and after that go farm for gil, you are definitely not the lazy time... but you are definitely an odd specimen.

You people need to keep in mind that your costumers are going to be most likely gilbuyers, because it's the profile that fits best for these kind of things. Occam razor applied here. If you want to believe that your costumer is most likely going to be a legit person that can't get a chance to salvage to clear your mind, up to you.

Yes or level THF and kill spiders outside alzabi, 2K for a web, 1/2 drop rate with TH3, as a bonus you make lolcrafters happy.
    XD Is this a real proposal? Let's get prices from this thread:
    Morrigan's Robe: 3M
    Bodb's Robe: 1M
    lv15 Robe: 1M
    Ingots: 7M (it's usualy a bit more, but let's assume lower to balance with the probably high lv15 robe).
    Total price: 12M

I'm gonna take your word for it and accept you get a 50% drop on webs. At 2k each you need:
    12.000.000 / 2.000 = 6.000 webs
    Which equated to needing 12.000 spiders at a 50% drop.

Let's assume you can kill a spider in 30 seconds and that you don't waste time switching target at all, that your spiders are all stacked in front of you and you don't ever have to rest. (Notice, 30 seconds is most likely unreal for a DC mob that will most likely keep you slowed and poisoned).

You need, then 12.000 * 0.5 = 6.000 minutes of your life to farm enough gil for this.
    Now, assuming you can spend 8 hours a day playing non stop as if this was your work, you would need:
    ((6.000 / 60) /8) = 12.5 days.
    Note that this is with a 30 sec kill non stop during 8 hours every day. Take more on those spiders and you are sky rocketing this!

Now that you got the gil, you need to spend the time to assist on salvage runs of your sellsword group and wait for the drop.
    Do you really think someone would ever do this? Maybe there's actualy someone, but i'm sure you'll agree with me that the chance of someone being a gilbuyer vs someone being a full time web farmer is pretty much on the gilbuyer side

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

IMO i dont think it should be on single digit Ms >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

On the bright side, all those spiders drop beastman seals and kindred's seals too!

XD Is this a real proposal? Let's get prices from this thread:
    Morrigan's Robe: 3M
    Bodb's Robe: 1M
    lv15 Robe: 1M
    Ingots: 7M (it's usualy a bit more, but let's assume lower to balance with the probably high lv15 robe).
    Total price: 12M
    No it's not serious, but w/e your way to make money is, it's hard to make more than 50K/H , so it will take forever to get a body if you don't have money in the first place. One of our DRK took 3 months farming after the 35 dropped. Then again, I won't reveal a good way to make money on a forum, but in all server there are rich people and poor people ... Every day a lot of crap worth 1 million+ sell on AH. Hell our server'AH sells 11 Khroma ores a day, 2 imperial wootz ingots a day (6 millions total). It's not a couple of 35 salvage gear sold here and there that will incite people to buy gil.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes, it would indeed be very easy for everyone that send me /tells about joining to simply gather and start their own shell. However, people are lazy by nature, and don't like to take initiative to do something like that, and would much rather join an already established functioning group.

You also have the option of selling 25 pieces to people in other shells that happen to have a bad drop rate on said piece (people going 0/30 on Usukane 25 feet comes to mind).

I do mercenary proto-omega runs. We've sold 5x legs and 3x body so far, and gotten a few mil for each piece.

I don't see why people wouldn't be interested in buying salvage gear...it's harder to organize though, as you need to spend 1500AP to enter, and the drop rate is way way worse.

Most expensive pieces would probably be good legs / feet as the head and body already cost a fortune to upgrade, so that's going to make people less inclined to pay high prices. But I can see usukane feet 35 / morrigan feet 35 / ares legs 35 / skadi legs 35 fetching big prices.

As much as the highest bidder is willing to pay!