Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So I've never played RDM75 before in my life...

And tonight, I'm going to take my friends character up to sky to solo despot, because I have nothing better to do with myself.

The key is grav -> DOT kite? Right at the main entrance? Or do I do the whole loop near the porters and just dot / nuke at the corners going up the stairs?

Any input as to what I should have macro'd, what my setups should look like, and where / how I should do this would help, I think I have a decent idea and I'm just going to use easymac to make some quick enfeebling macros, but should I have nuke macros too?

Re: So I've never played RDM75 before in my life...

replace grav with "bind" and you more or less have it down.

Also good place to kite is around the pools to the sides of entrance(near the doors where you'd go for spawning BB)

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Don't bank on it popping in the first place. I must have spent over 10 hours total at Despot as RDM/NIN soloing Groundskeepers whilst waiting for Zipacna and Steam Cleaner timers to come back up, and I've never once managed to pop it. But if you get lucky, follow the strategy in the LJ linked above. It's not hard, especially if your friend has W.Legs.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    And tonight, I'm going to take my friends character up to sky to solo despot, because I have nothing better to do with myself.

The key is grav -> DOT kite? Right at the main entrance? Or do I do the whole loop near the porters and just dot / nuke at the corners going up the stairs?

Any input as to what I should have macro'd, what my setups should look like, and where / how I should do this would help, I think I have a decent idea and I'm just going to use easymac to make some quick enfeebling macros, but should I have nuke macros too?
    As said above don't bank on actually getting Despot to pop as RDM, killing Groundskeepers is slow business solo.

That said, the single most important thing should be your Bind set macro. Not sure what all your friend has, but important pieces are Aquilo's Staff, AF1 Body, AF2 Hat, any other Enfeebling+ gear they have, any Magic Accuracy+ they have, then INT or Haste in every other slot. Keep Refresh, Stonesking, Haste, and Utsusemi on yourself at all times, and know that Bio will always break your Bind when you reapply it, but Poison 2 never well, so recast Poison after you just bound it, and Bio right before you Bind it. If they have a W. Turban leave that shit in MH, AF1 hat gives the same recast Haste as well as a spellcasting time reduction.

Save Gravity for when Bind resists or wears before the timer is up, that's an emergency spell since he'll build pretty strong resistance to it after 5-6 uses. Other than that, Belkin's LJ is a gold mine of other info.

It's Despot..
    I can bind him as BLM.. lol
    Zip is a little more resistant though.
    Prolly be fine with 310 enf skill for Despot.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Zip is a heck of a lot more resistant. My Binds on him are around 60% accurate on BLM (probably less), I'd say about 90-95% accurate on RDM. You could probably solo Despot without even Binding it in the first place if you had W.Legs.

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles
    Zip is a heck of a lot more resistant. My Binds on him are around 60% accurate on BLM (probably less), I'd say about 90-95% accurate on RDM. You could probably solo Despot without even Binding it in the first place if you had W.Legs.
    Depends on the level he pops at.
    Low level one is pretty easily bindable by a BLM, high level one is really tough to bind as a BLM.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Went out and forgot I made this topic, lol

Thanks much for all the input, but due to a gay KA timer and some work I have to do it's going to have to wait til tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes haha

Edit: Yeah he has W legs, I'd say he's easily far above average, non-HNM geared RDM, so no afv2 head / w mask, but elite beret +1 and shit.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Honestly I might be tempted to suggest using Warlock's Chapeau for Bind if you don't have access to W.Head or Duelist's. INT, it is widely agreed upon, aids the resistance rate and duration/strength of Bind, though obviously it won't beat the accuracy on Elite Beret +1. The Fast Cast would the main attraction for me, it shaves a small chunk off your Bind recast timer. Just something to think about.

Of course it doesn't matter for Despot anyway, especially considering this character has W.Legs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So i decided to warm up with Gration before heading to sky, had a free HQ shield

Got it to 75% no problem, vert was up, nuked down MP bar, grav'd it, ran off and converted, poison wore, and like a dumbass instead of waiting for next spell and curing myself, i re-poisoned it and it grand slammed me through a full stoneskin, 3 shadows, and killed me.

Retarded and over-confident move on my part (I was sitting here going 'wow this is fucking easy') but I think I got the hang of things, was just over 30 minutes to 74-75%

LS mate ran to misereaux and reclaimed before depop since I had it up in the riverne, round 2 GOOOO

Gration is a bit different than Sky NMs due to the fact he builds resistance to both Gravity and Bind, but he's slow as hell and a really easy fight as long as you don't let him get you with an Aga III

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I really need to get over the over-confidence mood when things go smoothly, won fine on 2nd round but I ate a few nasty thundaga's to the face trying to rush some blizzard 3's.

Guess I'll find my rythym in time but for now I need to learn to play it safe lol

Yeah, that's one of the main things to learn about RDM soloing.
    Another big thing is to always keep Ichi up with 3 Shadows.

Actually the worst thing about Gration is not his spells or moves, but if you somehow manage to run him out of MP due to death and mistakes >.> Then he basically chases you around non-stop ; ;

edit: Oh ya, when I fought him long ago, he was always in danger of being stolen by RMTs and whoever else would mysteriously appear out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiofio
    Actually the worst thing about Gration is not his spells or moves, but if you somehow manage to run him out of MP due to death and mistakes >.> Then he basically chases you around non-stop ; ;

edit: Oh ya, when I fought him long ago, he was always in danger of being stolen by RMTs and whoever else would mysteriously appear out of nowhere.
    lol..
    Dunno how you can possibly suck that bad to make him run out of MP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiofio

lol..
    Dunno how you can possibly suck that bad to make him run out of MP.
    I think total I ate 2 thundaga 3's, 1 due to accidently locking on and running into him lol, and 1 burst a shadow because I ran back in to poison 2 a hair early. I think if he had run out of mp it would've been from enthunder / shock spikes / haste lol

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    Retarded and over-confident move on my part (I was sitting here going 'wow this is fucking easy') but I think I got the hang of things, was just over 30 minutes to 74-75%
    This same shit has gotten me killed a couple of times in Sky, where I'd try to get spunky and toss in a Blizz 3 or something while letting Zip/SC be unbound for a sec, and they'd respond with Thundaga 3/Ice Break. I recommend carrying a RR earring with you for soloing, you can generally recover from a death as long as noone steals it, especially on Zip/SC where you can hold them at the zone and keep zoning to reset your Utsusemi timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Yeah, that's one of the main things to learn about RDM soloing.
    Another big thing is to always keep Ichi up with 3 Shadows.
    That advice is huge and isn't given often enough, be loose with your Shihei, even if you lose just one shadow stop and recast it when you get a chance.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

had to pick a topic, chose this cuz rdm rule. need 10posts done sorry every1!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

though always good to read stuff from awhile ago XD

User was infracted for this post.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast