• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread

Streaming videos from Windows Media Player 11 to 360..

So I've been getting to watching my downloaded videos from my pc through my tv, via xbox 360. it works pretty well, except two things that bug me:

the first problem is that most movies i download are foreign so they come with an SRT file for the subs.. its not a problem if i use VLC and watch it on my pc, but my question is if theres any way for me to stream from WMP 11 to 360 and still have the subs display on my tv?

second question is if theres any way for me to change the resolution of the video? sometimes when the subs are part of the video it gets cut off at the bottom of the screen :\

thanks ahead if anyone can solve my problems

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: Streaming videos from Windows Media Player 11 to 360..

As for your first question I have no idea... but to my knowledge I don't think you'll be able to use a seperate file for subtitles. Pretty sure it'd have to be packaged in the video file.

As for the resolution, if you bring up the menu on the 360 when you play a movie, you can adjust the position of the movie. You can't change the resolution... but you can have it display it in the native resolution as opposed to stretching it to full screen.

Old Merits
    BG Level

alternatively you could change the resolution of your xbox under the settings, you can make it run at a lower or higher res depending on how it effects your TV and movie, that should work.

i tried last night to change the resolution from the menu while playing the video and it didnt seem to work, but just now it finally changed the size when i selected a different one... its a little better but the subs are still halfway cutout at the bottom. im guessing its just my crappy tv. i think i'll try changing the 360s res, but i cant find the option for it. i've tried looking in system>console settings>display, but cant seem to find an option for changing the res.

if you can tell me where its at fallso, it'd help a lot >.>