BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Dreamland Mega Boss Currency

I don't know if this is in the proper section, feel free to move it. My questions are directed towards anyone who does dreamland dynamis zones.

1.: How many dreamland clears has your group done?
    2.: Have you ever had any of the mega bosses drop ancient currency?
    2.1.: Which bosses? How many times?
    2.2.: Do you remember anything specific about the run?

The point of this is to try and determine if the mega boss currency drops are indeed completely random. I've had this nagging hunch that makes me somewhat curious as to whether something you do in the zone before fighting the boss affects it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: Dreamland Mega Boss Currency

1) Sadly. Only twice. Both Buburimu.
    2) Can't remember for the first time. Check back with other members they don't remember it drop anything.
    For the 2nd time, it actually drop 4 100s :D (it was just Sunday run)

Screenshot: http://bbqplatinum.googlepages.com/2...s-buburimu.jpg

3) Mega Boss. If you are talking to those lesser NM that will be Alklha (Chaos Blade), Barong (Body Slam), Tarasca (Heavy Storm) and Gi'Bhe Fleshfeaster (Benediction)

4) Nothing unusual?

my dynamis group has cleared CoP dynamis ~ 30-40 times

off the top of my head, 6-7 Valkurm wins, 4-5 qufim wins, 15-20 buburimu wins XD

never had large currency drop off the {mega boss} :'(

3) Mega Boss. If you are talking to those lesser NM that will be Alklha (Chaos Blade), Barong (Body Slam), Tarasca (Heavy Storm) and Gi'Bhe Fleshfeaster (Benediction)[/quote]

We do this for Buburimu as well, but we skip the benediction NM, just have movement speed + kite the {mega boss} until hundred fists / benediction is used.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

We've had it happen twice out of 56 CoP runs, once in Valkurm, once in Qufim. I was there for both, we didn't do anything on those runs that we don't always do, at least in terms of mobs killed. Neither were particularly slow or fast, and we didn't get exceptional AF/-1/acc drops after the MB on either run. Pretty average runs overall, besides the 100 currency drops.

Edit: For Valkurm, we kill subjob flies, then Fairy Ring, then the quads near the southern tunnel, then Nan'tina, then do the MB directly. We do that every run, and have never killed any other mobs besides a few random Hippogryph agros.

For Qufim, we kill the Kraken, the Golem and the elementals near them.

For Valkurm, we kill the normal dragons (heavy stomp x2, spikes, dispelga, graviga) and the WHM Quadav NM. We've never had a 4x 100 drop there.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

We've done at least 25 clears total

Only had currency drop once off a Boss
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...st1x/qufim.jpg

Only strange thing was in Qufim, we almost screwed up the Suttung pull, not quite sure what was wrong this run, but almost everyone was dead when we killed the boss, either failed chainspell, rdm died, melee took too long, was a while ago :3 We had a th4 thf and a few th3's (was before SE info about treasure hunter)

//edit: Same drop pool as above... strange

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Not many kills for our LS, maybe 10-15 that I can remember. Never had the 100s drop.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

0/16 for my LS on them.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

0/~20

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Never had a drop in about 30 CoP runs split between three linkshells.

1) Done quite a few, all zones (at least 20-30) I attended most (but not all) of them.
    2) That I recall, we got 1x 100 one time. We pretty much expect no drop from the boss.
    2.1) 80% sure it was bubu.
    2.2) Sorry, no.

On this topic, now that you have got me thinking about it though, <wild speculation> what if the number of "weakening NMs" (by which I mean the NMs you kill to weaken the boss/remove /jas) you kill directly impacts your drop rate? I know my group almost always does the minimum, because in the old days (when we had people), we wanted to maximize nightmare mob farming time. Now, (because we don't have much more than a single alliance still interested anymore) we need most of the time just to kill the critical NMs before we move on to the boss.

Since I imagine maximizing farming time is a goal of most groups dealing with the super-extra crap drop rates in CoP Dyna, I'd imagine many groups do similar things, which could easily result in the seemingly common extremely crap 100 drop rates on the bosses with your very rare but very impressive 4x 100 drop screenshots that do exist. </wild speculation>

Wild speculation aside, unless you got a full LS of motivated & competent people, I don't see having much chance to test outside of bubu. Even on good runs we're usually strained on time to kill the boss in qufim & valk. But by all means, if you have the manpower, farm all the dragons in bubu, kill the apoc beast, and let us know if you do a bit better. Or feel free to try whatever you can convice 35 other people to waste their nightmare mob farming time on.

8~ Bubu and 1 Valk, never any 100s.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Over 40 CoP zone wins and never seen the MB drop coins. It's retarded. Should make it that one 100 drops 100% of the time...

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by shieldsofwindurst
    1) Done quite a few, all zones (at least 20-30) I attended most (but not all) of them.
    2) That I recall, we got 1x 100 one time. We pretty much expect no drop from the boss.
    2.2) Sorry, no.

On this topic, now that you have got me thinking about it though, <wild speculation> what if the number of "weakening NMs" (by which I mean the NMs you kill to weaken the boss/remove /jas) you kill directly impacts your drop rate? I know my group almost always does the minimum, because in the old days (when we had people), we wanted to maximize nightmare mob farming time. Now, (because we don't have much more than a single alliance still interested anymore) we need most of the time just to kill the critical NMs before we move on to the boss.

Since I imagine maximizing farming time is a goal of most groups dealing with the super-extra crap drop rates in CoP Dyna, I'd imagine many groups do similar things, which could easily result in the seemingly common extremely crap 100 drop rates on the bosses with your very rare but very impressive 4x 100 drop screenshots that do exist. </wild speculation>

Wild speculation aside, unless you got a full LS of motivated & competent people, I don't see having much chance to test outside of bubu. Even on good runs we're usually strained on time to kill the boss in qufim & valk. But by all means, if you have the manpower, farm all the dragons in bubu, kill the apoc beast, and let us know if you do a bit better. Or feel free to try whatever you can convice 35 other people to waste their nightmare mob farming time on.
    This was the developing theory, although nothing posted here seems to support that. Next Bubu run we'll try clearing all of the dragons anyways. If pulled properly, it'll only burn 10~ mins of time to finish off the dragons we don't usually kill.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

We've done Bubu one time, and got the 4-100 piece drops. Didn't do anything abnormal, just the strat from dynamisBums.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Didn't do anything special, got this only once from Anateus in about 15-20 or so dynamis dreamland zones.

Personally I think it's TH related, "You find a XXX on the XXX" so I stick my TH4 during boss kills in the hopes of seeing it drop, It obviously only counts as 1 item so it's an all or nothing really.

TH may or may not have an effect, but considering it only takes 1 second to wear it after blowing my TP, it's not really going out of the way

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Done well over 30 runs and never seen 100's off of any Mega Boss.

Like many of the above never do anything out of the ordinary in fighting them, kill the typical amount of weakening mobs.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

we do dream lands almost weekly so prolly about 15-20 since june and we'ev only ever had currency (100peice) drop once from mb and it wa sin bubu and we had 3jadeshells and 1monton

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    Quote Originally Posted by shieldsofwindurst
    2.2) Sorry, no.

This was the developing theory, although nothing posted here seems to support that. Next Bubu run we'll try clearing all of the dragons anyways. If pulled properly, it'll only burn 10~ mins of time to finish off the dragons we don't usually kill.
    By all means let us know how it goes, if we can do *anything* to increase the drop rate in CoP dynamis you will be considered a hero for the ages.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zosi
    For Buburimu, we kill the normal dragons (heavy stomp x2, spikes, dispelga, graviga) and the WHM Quadav NM. We've never had a 4x 100 drop there.
    Fixed :D
    Edit: Guess I will post mine too
    Cleared each zone 1 or 2 times each never seen any currency off any bosses and use pretty much the same strat as Zosi had said.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Killed stompx2, spikes, and the whm nm in bubu and saw a sexy pool once. The only really odd part was how fast the run went (killed those plus boss in just under 10 min, was really hot). Would guess we're easily above 50 CoP runs.

Edit: Was spikes dragon, not dispel - changed that.