Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Update Preview - Dengeki (nothing new ;_; )

It looked like there might be something new in here, but there pretty much isn't. Two thirds of the article was "how to prepare for the update," which was just a rehash of all the other guides they're printed on how to complete the missions and play the jobs properly. I'm just going to post it though, and maybe you'll enjoy the pretty pictures.

Dengeki Vol. 413

http://www.cactusleaftl.com/ffxipics/022908a.jpg

Translated by: Elmer the Pointy
    Posted on: bluegartr.com

http://www.cactusleaftl.com/ffxipics/022908b.jpg

(Whenever you see a script-like format, it's the Dengeki Brigade members, talking amongst themselves.)

Osho: Some details have finally come to light concerning the Version Update at the beginning of March.
    Plode: Dancer and Scholar are going to receive their Artifact equipment, as well as new Limit Break quests for their jobs.
    Chief: Finally, Mhaura (my second character) can become a full-fledged Scholar!!
    Kitty: There are a few things you should remember as you head into the update, so as well go along, we'll show you how you can best prepare. But more importantly, let's get that AF!!

Early March Version Up: New Gameplay Elements

Dancer and Scholar AF and Limit Break Quests

http://www.cactusleaftl.com/ffxipics/022908g.jpg

There are plans to add Artifact Armor and new Limit Break quests for the Dancer and Scholar jobs. The quests could involve the Brilioth Dancing Troupe's leader Laila, and her past, while the Scholar's quest could involve the great prosperity, and sudden downfall, of the legendary Schultz. There are certainly some interesting stories to draw from.

http://www.cactusleaftl.com/ffxipics/022908c.jpg
    Will the quests be taken from Laila the Dancer and Erlene the Scholar?
    (In the picture she's talking about the Stardust Pebble.)

Now, for the Limit Break quests, we know that Scholars will learn firsthand the hardships of battle. Not only that, Dancers will be in for quite a shock when they see who they have to face down. These BCs are looking to be quite the challenge.

Now, what about gathering up the requisite Testimonies, like any other job? Well, there just might be a few new monsters added along with these quests. (OK, so later I noticed in the tiny-type at the bottom of the page, this stupid Chief Taru has a blurb and he says he just completely made up the thing about new monsters. He just thought it would be cool to see monsters using Dances and Strategems.)

http://www.cactusleaftl.com/ffxipics/022908d.jpg
    Testimonies needed to challenege the Limit Break quests that allow you to reach level 75. Will ones be added for Dancer and Scholar?
    (An inventory full of Testimonies, and for some reason, a few eggs.)

New Campaign Elements

http://www.cactusleaftl.com/ffxipics/022908e.jpg
    A Belfry, which can call reinforcements.

Four new elements will be added to Campaign. First, Beastman Strongholds, the main fortresses of the Beastman Confederate, will be able to be attacked by the Allied Forces when they control adjacent territories. In addition, in areas not under one's control, the Belfry will be usable, which calls reinforcements. In areas you do control, a Mantelet will be usable, which can heal friendly allies. Finally, the Siege Turret will also make an appearance on the Beastman side in areas they do not yet control.

New Quests for Each Nation

http://www.cactusleaftl.com/ffxipics/022908f.jpg

The series of quests set in the past will be continued for each nation. In San d'Oria, you will once again be involved in the reckless operation of the Young Griffons by Excenmille, and in Bastok the President order sent Zeid and Volker to investigate the mysterious assassin. For Windurst, Koru-Moru will head to Jeuno, only to become wrapped up in a Yagudo plot before he can return.

Version Update Excitement!

Osho: So far, the biggest changes look to be for Campaign.
    Plode: Looks like it. You have the Beastman Strongholds, then elements to enhance both the Allies and the Confederate, with Belfry, Mantelet, and Siege Turret. Lots of new stuff is going to be added.
    Kitty: Looking at that Siege Turrent picture, I wish we could have one for the Allied Forces.
    Chief: Now that you mention it, that Siege Turret looks a lot like the ones in the opening movie.
    Plode: It does (lol) By the way, there are more Campaign Ops and Freelancers planned for Campaign, aren't there?
    Osho: There's so many change, Campaign will be almost unrecognizable afterwards.
    Plode: Still, there's lots of other things to look for too. Dancer and Scholar Artifact armor and Limit Break quests, not to mention other new equipment is being added too.
    Chief: {/yes}! Finally, some new AF! It's why I levelled up Mhaura on Scholar in the first place!
    Osho: By the way, what stats will they have? I really want something with "Jig Effect Up."
    Kitty: For Scholar, it's "Thigh Exposure +1!" Chief, you gotta level Mhaura as a Dancer too!
    Chief: {That's too bad.} {I'm not interested.} ... I'd still like to see that effect though...
    Osho&Plode: It doesn't work on men!!

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Update Preview - Dengeki (nothing new ;_; )

Thanks Elmer, silly JP dialog is always welcome :D (It's a compliment >_> )

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thigh Exposure +1 indeed! I'm watching you skirt chasers. o.~

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hoping there is something like Luzaf's Ring that will make Jig Effect all party members.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So, which BG member is getting the custom drawn avatar of them hijacking a siege turret?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih
    So, which BG member is getting the custom drawn avatar of them hijacking a siege turret?
    Siege Turret driven by small kitten!

i think the fact they specfically mentioned when the belfrys and seige turrets would appear when the beastmen only arent in control is new info (whereas the update on site iirc only discussed their existence)

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seigfried Of Pandy
    i think the fact they specfically mentioned when the belfrys and seige turrets would appear when the beastmen only arent in control is new info (whereas the update on site iirc only discussed their existence)
    Wrong.

There is absolutely nothing new here, even the JPs are speculating and waxing idiotic, like we do here.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    Thigh Exposure +1 indeed! I'm watching you skirt chasers. o.~

Grr don't remind me of this! My model is the SCH npc, and my best friend is the DNC... I've been paranoid for ages that we'll eventually cave and lvl the jobs just to look 'appropriate'. Enough people gawk as it is.

Crap, this means I need to get a tan though. WAR gear generally doesn't leave anything but my face exposed, and my chest horribly squashed.

Thanks for more goofy jpn content!