Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BG Wiki account creation     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

BG Wiki account creation

I tried to create a BG Wiki account on the morning of Feb. 28 but still haven't heard back. Is it supposed to take this long or did I screw something up?

Banned.

BG Level

Re: BG Wiki account creation

Should be clear now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana
    I tried to create a BG Wiki account on the morning of Feb. 28 but still haven't heard back. Is it supposed to take this long or did I screw something up?
    Just so people know, sometimes there is a backlog for account creation. Especially when we don't recognize names.

Perhaps we should probably make a thread here for people to post when they make an account. I am a lot more comfortable confirming an account that I know.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Were accounts created before 20 September 2007 wiped or expired/locked at some point?

I tried to log in to make an edit, but either the account no longer exists or the password was too obscure enough for me to remember correctly.

Edit: Resolved this sorry; I took a closer look at the login page once I wasn't skimming pages at work and found the reset password button.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I am still having problem with my account. It looks like it was created, but I never got an e-mail it was created like I did when I created a BG forum account. I tried to reset the password and it says it will send me an e-mail with the new password but I never got the e-mail.

I disabled the spam filters on my domain and then requested the password reset again but still no luck. I tried logging on with the password I thought I set when I created it but still nothing. Not sure what else to do. Can someone help me out please?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am still having problem with my account. It looks like it was created, but I never got an e-mail it was created like I did when I created a BG forum account. I tried to reset the password and it says it will send me an e-mail with the new password but I never got the e-mail.

I disabled the spam filters on my domain and then requested the password reset again but still no luck. I tried logging on with the password I thought I set when I created it but still nothing. Not sure what else to do. Can someone help me out please?
    I actually posted about your account to the other wiki mods, since I have no idea how to fix that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Just posting in case there's still a big backlog, I created an account with username Ichthyos last night.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Just posting in case there's still a big backlog, I created an account with username Ichthyos last night.
    Looks like someone has bee diligent in clearing the backlog and got you already.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

I actually posted about your account to the other wiki mods, since I have no idea how to fix that. #-o
    Anything new on this? Would it be possible to delete and re-create the account or something?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

I actually posted about your account to the other wiki mods, since I have no idea how to fix that.
    Anything new on this? Would it be possible to delete and re-create the account or something?
    It looks like we may have to, unless Goddess or someone else can figure something out. @_@

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Go ahead and create a new account. I can delete your old one and rename your new one if you'd like.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

OK I created an account, Ivana, and this time got the "e-mail confirmation" e-mail. The old account is Ivan, so you can delete that whenever. I used a different e-mail address on the new account in case there was a problem re-using the old e-mail address. Don't need the new account re-named.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is it possible to get the account "Andrew Hurst" name changed to "Arew"? I was stupid and put my real name where it said to.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

^done

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thank you.

Sagacious Sundi

So let me get this straight. If I want to change my account name, first I make a new one, then a mod will move the old user to the new one, right? I put whatever username I want under "real name" when I register, right?
    'Cause I want the account "Sagacious Sundi of Starlight Festival Past from the Future" renamed.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Only one account needs to be created. Sysops can rename you as they please.

Sagacious Sundi

So I can just request the renaming here?
    If so I'd like the aforementioned user renamed to "Flanbearpig".

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry for the delay. Done.