Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Dynamis Beaucedine - 2nd Fomor Level Extension

My question is pretty specific, but there is very little information on the topic.

In Beaucedine, there's 10 extensions, with 15 minutes each (a total of 2.5 hours, same as any other original Dynamis area). Most groups run comfortably with 3 hours or 3 hours and 15 minutes, but I've been thinking about that last extension recently.

Has anyone actually gone out and figured out which eye pops the one that gives the extension?

I suspect there is a roaming eye among a few stationary eyes, similar to the first fomor level extension, which when killed, will pop the eye in the back. The time extension eye pops a RDM and a THF according to the DAT file.

My main interest is in whether a solo RDM/NIN would be able to kill what's required to get the extension while on his way to kill the attestation eye (since he goes up there solo for that anyway). I would expect if he were able to separate the eye somehow, then reraise and pull it while it's still off from the rest of the group, he can kite it around and kill, that's not the problem.

Anyway, if anyone has any experience with this extension, do tell. It wouldn't cost us any extra time as a group, ideally, just a little more exp loss for our suicidal RDM. And it would give us an extra 15 minutes, to use on killing our attestation NM without having to dig into farming time.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: Dynamis Beaucedine - 2nd Fomor Level Extension

i gotta give you a pdf i used for long time to this topic

its in JP but i'll help you understand the map

http://mectradegroup.com/bcdHydra.pdf

after u read it, this map focus on the top half of dynamidbcd, the hydra section

there indicates 3 big red dots, they are the "key" eye, 1 is the one to pop NMs, other 2 is where the timer will pop, however to pop them there are pre-conditions

the top red dot, which is right after u go upslope from gobbie land, is popped by ONLY AGGROING the 3 redish-purple dots on the top-right side of that mess(focus and you can see those reddish-purple dots w sorry if those color too close)

same for the middle big red dot where the 2nd timer will pop, you will need to ONLY AGGRO the 3 redish-purple dots at the bottom-left side of the mess

thats all tho, but imo, the only one worthy to get is the top right extention since it can be farmed.

however the bottom left mess is way too far to be considered helpful since people usually flee to nue tower nowadays, unless you decide to clr up the mess for it, which prolly take 30-45 mins

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars
    i gotta give you a pdf i used for long time to this topic

its in JP but i'll help you understand the map

http://mectradegroup.com/bcdHydra.pdf

after u read it, this map focus on the top half of dynamidbcd, the hydra section

there indicates 3 big red dots, they are the "key" eye, 1 is the one to pop NMs, other 2 is where the timer will pop, however to pop them there are pre-conditions

the top red dot, which is right after u go upslope from gobbie land, is popped by ONLY AGGROING the 3 redish-purple dots on the top-right side of that mess(focus and you can see those reddish-purple dots w sorry if those color too close)

same for the middle big red dot where the 2nd timer will pop, you will need to ONLY AGGRO the 3 redish-purple dots at the bottom-left side of the mess

thats all tho, but imo, the only one worthy to get is the top right extention since it can be farmed.

however the bottom left mess is way too far to be considered helpful since people usually flee to nue tower nowadays, unless you decide to clr up the mess for it, which prolly take 30-45 mins
    Hmm. This map seems flawed. You say the top right one is popped by aggroing the pink 3 eyes labeled, but I've done this extension many times as the sac puller, and often die out where the extension eye pops. It always pops when the roaming eye in the pack is killed, not when something is aggrod.

That's why I suspect there is a roaming eye further in with the same behavior that can be killed to pop the extension. I also don't understand why the eyes in the bottom left would pop something so far away, but that could make sense I suppose.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

my bad then lol

you need to claim all 3 eg. red names

i've popped the eye before by peeling the eyes with 3 vokers, and eventually wipe cos of mess ups XD

we didnt manage to kill all the 3 eyes but extention popped

happened for 2 times and i remember pretty clearly because i remember we got timer and went for revenge on those pack and the eyes still intact. Therefore i can pretty confirm you dont need to kill all the 3 reddish purp ones

as for the 2nd timer, i didnt really tried before because its so far away and yea, its wierd timer pop at a wierd spot >.>

but the source is pretty reliable tho, im sure claiming that 3 reddish purpuple ones will also pop the 2nd timer, but whether can kill that tuimer in those mess is anpther question w

Relic Horn
    BG Level

my bad then lol

you need to claim all 3 eg. red names

i've popped the eye before by peeling the eyes with 3 vokers, and eventually wipe cos of mess ups XD

we didnt manage to kill all the 3 eyes but extention popped

happened for 2 times and i remember pretty clearly because i remember we got timer and went for revenge on those pack and the eyes still intact. Therefore i can pretty confirm you dont need to kill all the 3 reddish purp ones

as for the 2nd timer, i didnt really tried before because its so far away and yea, its wierd timer pop at a wierd spot >.>

but the source is pretty reliable tho, im sure claiming that 3 reddish purpuple ones will also pop the 2nd timer, but whether can kill that tuimer in those mess is anpther question w
    See that's the thing though <_< the first time extension is popped by *killing* the *middle* of the 3 that are labelled. The others have nothing to do with it. I know all about that one, I just have no clue about the 2nd one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    My main interest is in whether a solo RDM/NIN would be able to kill what's required to get the extension while on his way to kill the attestation eye (since he goes up there solo for that anyway). I would expect if he were able to separate the eye somehow, then reraise and pull it while it's still off from the rest of the group, he can kite it around and kill, that's not the problem.
    Out of topic too, but are you saying a rdm can solo nue eye, and why /nin? Ive never poped the attestation NMs but I was told you need a team of four people~ lol. I was under the impression that eyes resist nukes.

For the second eye extender, yea, that's what I read from JP maps, you need to kill an eye at the bottom left to pop 3 eyes that arent close to it, but rather further NE. It's probably not worth spending time clearing those to get only +15, and I doubt 1 person can solo it.

yes rdm/nin can solo it, i do it all the time when someone wants the attestation. and no wiz, i won't be soloing 2 eyes when i go

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by senseless
    yes rdm/nin can solo it, i do it all the time when someone wants the attestation. and no wiz, i won't be soloing 2 eyes when i go
    I was thinking I could make Stan go for the extension.

how would a rdm/nin go about soloing the nue eye <_<

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

bio poison grav bind and nuke when it cast IV or AM, and make use of SP?

thats all i can think about it really w XD

Relic Horn
    BG Level

bio poison grav bind and nuke when it cast IV or AM, and make use of SP?

thats all i can think about it really w XD
    It pops with ~5 mobs. He uses Bio and/or Poison to DOT it to death, and tries to keep claim as it dies (he's had a 100 currency drop from it before).

yeah I was thinking more of how you stay alive while solo pulling that as there's quite a bit of unavoidable aggro in front of it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leeto
    yeah I was thinking more of how you stay alive while solo pulling that as there's quite a bit of unavoidable aggro in front of it.
    Can target and cast through the structure afaik.

So just kite the eye and the 5~ links til the eye dies of DoT?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    So just kite the eye and the 5~ links til the eye dies of DoT?
    Nah, RR pin and some zombieing until low HP. I think he'll kite like that in the last few % for claim death though.

He said it takes ~4-5 Reraises to kill the DOT with DOT, 1-3 if he starts off with chainspell nuking (making sure to add a DOT in of course).

also if im feeling lucky, when i pull the eye, you can sometimes get it to the back side of the tower, and bind it, hope you reraise > buff rr > aggro/bind/grav eye again b4 it makes it back inside. Dont bother trying to kite it around though if it starts with a long cast spell, bio/stun only really.

To Target the Eye from the back side of the tower, does this take special functions like turning off walls etc? I personaly still play on Xbox so anything outside normal game functions I can't do, but would enjoy doing the solo rdm/nin pop for this guy since it would save a lot of time for my group espically since we run low numbers in Dynamis a lot. So if there is just a magical spot to stand to be able to target/cast DoTs on it that would be great info to know.

edit:
    Oh and about original topic, Wiz. We use to farm both those extensions back when we ran with 40~ about 2 years ago, but we never had much luck with them, always seemed to lose more time then we gained and eventually just farmed the rest the zone for more mobs insted of doing the time sink. But I see what you mean if we coudl get a sac pop/pull of the ext that would be really nice in Glaicer.

Thanks!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoon
    To Target the Eye from the back side of the tower, does this take special functions like turning off walls etc? I personaly still play on Xbox so anything outside normal game functions I can't do, but would enjoy doing the solo rdm/nin pop for this guy since it would save a lot of time for my group espically since we run low numbers in Dynamis a lot. So if there is just a magical spot to stand to be able to target/cast DoTs on it that would be great info to know.

edit:
    Oh and about original topic, Wiz. We use to farm both those extensions back when we ran with 40~ about 2 years ago, but we never had much luck with them, always seemed to lose more time then we gained and eventually just farmed the rest the zone for more mobs insted of doing the time sink. But I see what you mean if we coudl get a sac pop/pull of the ext that would be really nice in Glaicer.

Thanks!
    There should be a spot you can target the eye from. I think you can get close enough to the tower without aggro that you can make the wall disappear and target through that, and then you need the find the magic spot to cast from. I haven't been up there personally in a long time.

Also, if you used to farm this extension, what is/are the pop condition(s) to make the TE eye pop? Was it like that map said, or is it a roaming eye as I figured?

eye timer 2:
    1.) the 3 trigger eyes are in F-9. they all link and spawn about 9 shadows i think, so its a nasty pull. some sort of sac pull should be used to kill them all or just the eyes a bit a time. we pull up the ramp so the sac puller can run by it. when all 3 are dead, the eye timer pops at the spot marked in the map, top left corner of H-8.

2.) there are about 5 eyes in the woods on the way to H-8 that spawn maybe 10+ mobs, and they all link (they are in more of a line than what the map shows). you can use a split sac pull similar to what we use for the final wall in xarcabard: sac puller pulls one side, real puller pulls the other, and you end up with about half the train.

3.) the timer eye links with a second eye nearby, but its an easy pull for the final 15 minutes.

lifted from a dynamisbums forum post (was actually by an old ls member. lolhammerattestation...) but i can't vouch for its accuracy. http://www.dynamisbums.com/forum/showth ... 634&page=2

sorry if it's of no help. ><