Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

leathercraft guide...need help

im getting rdy to start leathercraft on my mule but i cant find a decent leathecraft guide anywhere. the links on wiki are horrible was curious if anyone had one or knows where i can find a good one. would greatly appreciate the help if i could a link

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: leathercraft guide...need help

Guides are for fags

http://www.ffrecipe.com and go through and decide what you want to craft step by step, if you need a guide, don't bother.

Sath beat me to it. Though i use http://www.ffxiah.com

Also, I did a lot of farming for Leathercraft to cut down on costs. Worked for me, maybe thats not for you though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

While doing your research, you might want to consider the follow:

1. Are you going to farm your materials?
    2. Are you going to try for slow sale but profitable items? Or fast sale (NPCing included) but loss-making items? How much are you willing to lose while skilling? And don't complain about a craft being crappy if you chose the loss-making option.

-> Use ffxiah or the real AH and plan the recipes(ffrecipe) on your way to 100.
    -> Use your common sense to decide the recipes. I doubt people need anyone to tell them what is good to make or not after looking at the sale history and the material costs.

2.5. Lazy to plan? Use your common sense. Have none? Don't craft else you will burn your wallet.

3. When you are ready for your tier0, 1 ...etc HQ-ing, go do a bit of research on expected profits/losses before starting and make sure you have enough seed money to last through the bad times. (Basic probability). Adopt superstitions or look down on them if you like, but the only way to ensure a profit is to have a good idea of probability and expected values.

4. Finally, keep up to date on material costs and product prices.

---
    Of course as luck goes, it really depends on the individual. Not everyone can pull a Luciola.

I use somepage mostly.

If you have gil to blow, stay within 5-8 of your current cap the entire time.. no more than 5 without support.. I blew through leather 0-100 in 4 weeks on Luciola. Farming method took me over 4 months on Quizatsa, but i farmed nms and sold drops for materials. Much quicker than farming materials to directly synth, and more profitable.

also, http://www.mysterytour.biz/ffxi/craft/0 ... /index.htm <~print that. Much easier to have a hard copy... and thats the most printer friendly leather list ive seen. It doesnt have any of the upgrade items.. like tm pigaches ~> tm pigaches +1/+2 and bs like that.. so you get the point ^.^ Have fun!

~~~>Straight blowing through leather got Luciola banned for "crafting for rmt purposes"... and it was annoying getting the account back, so its not an advised method... unless you're impatient as hell<~~~

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Any suggestions for something that's not too sucky at 52 leathercraft?

evilbau

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul
    Any suggestions for something that's not too sucky at 52 leathercraft?
    Catoblepas Leather

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Have to agree. Catoblepas then tiger leather.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Can also pop out a few pairs of desert boots which sell for minimal profit NQ.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Luciola
    I blew through leather 0-100 in 4 weeks on Luciola. ...

~~~>Straight blowing through leather got Luciola banned for "crafting for rmt purposes"... and it was annoying getting the account back, so its not an advised method... unless you're impatient as hell<~~~
    Hm. I did bone 0-75 in about three days on Kat, and never got in any kind of trouble. I wonder if it's because I stopped at 75 instead of going to 100?

Edit: Maybe it was four days... something like that. Three or four. I had been aiming to do it in a weekend, and had the materials all lined up and ready, but just the synth time alone made it impossible to do in two days. It was just a couple days total though.

Happily you can make a profit vendoring a lot of bonecraft skilling items. :D Even with the rush on time, I lost very little money skilling her.