Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Regarding people who are still waiting for accounts returned

Hey lets get this shit settled so we know wats ppl's situation exactly. For those of us still waiting so long, what happened to the personal info on your accounts, were the address / cc info changed? Or untouched. Also if some others who had their returned accounts back can share their side too so we can narrow this down to how SE exactly handles each case. Just wanted to keep this topic separate for the people still waiting.

My CC info was changed however my address was not, however sent notary form a month ago with no response. Do they even tell us that our notarized form came to them in the first place? How do we know for sure they have it besides the tracking info we personally have which might mean nothing if it ended up in the wrong person's hands.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Re: Regarding people who are still waiting for accounts returned

I was hacked around Dec. 5 through the rsbo.exe file, using the real player exploit. I sent my confirmation form in the day after they first became available. Still awaiting my confirmation email. My address and credit card information was changed.

Unfortunately their customer service representatives seem to know as little on what is causing the hold up as we do. I've asked about a dozen times to speak to a manager, but each time they leave and return saying that the manager is either busy or not around.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

1.The situation seems to be broken down into two groups:
    A). People whose information was modified into nonsense.
    B). People whose information was transferred to something that is legit, possibly to the conclusion that the account was sold to another party via the RMT.

People who fall into category A seem to get accounts back more rapidly than people who had their accounts scalped off to someone else in category B.

In many cases the RMT hacked accounts, garble-speaked the information into crap, drained the resources then tried to fence off the accounts to accountbuyers but in other cases the accounts information of two affected people were criss-crossed creating a situation where SE has a ton of accounts with information thats all jumbled around.

The notary process seems like a toss up, the people at SEs information center say they cannot tell you how long it will take or if they recieved your form at all. On top of that they say they cannot tell you if your confirmation email was sent already and that if it was sent that you should have gotten it already. Also the reps state over and over again that they do not guarantee that you will get anything back in the forseeable future and do not know how the situation is being resolved.

An educated guess is that SE has 2-3 people handling tons of forms which just keep being replenished as more and more people are affected, surely less than around christmas but people who were affected ages ago are coming outta the woodwork along with scammers trying to get back sold accounts and the trickle in of people affected on a day by day basis.

Conclusion: SE doesnt want to tell you anything, they want you to sit and wait until whenever they feel like getting back to you.

Much like in everything they do.

The problem i seem to be noticing here is our notary forms not being marked DOWN on our account as a note for atleast being "as received and under investigation." This would most likely comfort some of us better than just getting a bold response "If your tracking information says we received it then its probably around the building." This isnt reassuring at ALL, we may be waiting for no reason except letting our accounts rot for longer. Would it be a wise idea to send in another form maybe, this time specify to the mailing provider that its to be only signed by a manager working there? Might make a better turn out. Managers would blatantly throw away forms as some assholes working there prolly have done already.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It boils down to SE not really giving a fuck about the situation really, sending in another form isnt going to really solve the situation since some people have stated before that some of the accounts are being put to the 'side', as special cases that need to be looked into deeper. Others are just being looked at and released. Its hard to know which category your in, if your form was accepted by someone at SE then its basically a situation where you hope they didnt shred your shit - as frustrating as that may be.

Chalk it up to SE being very secretive about everything they are doing and not keeping contact with the playerbase affected. Somewhere down the line they will change something and expect people to be satisfied at what they have 'done'.

Its fine if they have alot to deal with and need people to be patient, but at the least an email discussing that issue would stop people from calling them every day and clogging up the phone lines at the info center.

Thats what i have noticed, honestly i dont think people are helping by calling 3-4 times a day on them. The reps are getting frustrated / annoyed / pissed and therefore starting to give us such an attitude to the point where theyre starting to hang up on us simply cus they can. If people cool off and let a week go by with no calls, i'd like to see how the results get affected for these accounts being returned on a timely fashion. That's not going to happen though, and we cant blame ourselves for being severely ticked off clicking our email buttons everyday for hours hoping to see that confirmation email.

Also once an account is suspended for more than 3 months its supposedly deleted/ inactive. Would this somehow affect our situation if we happen to be waiting that long?

Quote Originally Posted by Twig
    I was hacked around Dec. 5 through the rsbo.exe file, using the real player exploit. I sent my confirmation form in the day after they first became available. Still awaiting my confirmation email. My address and credit card information was changed.

Unfortunately their customer service representatives seem to know as little on what is causing the hold up as we do. I've asked about a dozen times to speak to a manager, but each time they leave and return saying that the manager is either busy or not around.

How can they bill you for a service you are not able to use or recieve? Ask if they would like to speak to your lawyer next time they say there manager is not around.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Its SE, they want to nickle and dime you since they cant bill the RMT. Im sure its one of those things that if you come with legal aid that they will take back every word and say they 'misrepresented' the situation and that they didnt mean what they said before.

If POL does indeed only process 2-3 forms a day, there should be some progress being made already. In this forums however, were only seeing about 50 cases of people getting hacked from what i can view. What are the 4,950 people out of 5k doing really, do they not visit the forums? It would be helpful if more people can post success stories so we get some kind of idea at the rate POL is working at to get these things out of their hands. I imagine they aren't feeling too happy being bombarded with calls everyday. Eventually they're gonna have to say enough is enough.

Some bad news for some of us maybe..but a friend of mine who was in the same boat being hacked back in december and was waiting 1+ month after sending in his form the first day it was release was just told yesterday that his account was NOT being returned.

Apparently the investigation lead up for them to believe the account should not be re-released to the original owner due to "Special circumstances" which they cannot fucking tell you once again. After putting up some sort of fight, he basically got the response that there was never a guarantee for a return after signing the form.

Not sure if this would eventually apply to all of us thats waiting so long for an investigation to be completed but better start praying i guess.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

you've gotta be fucking kidding me ...

so far we've seen cheating account sellers get their shit back, we've seen gilbuying noobs get their shit back, we've seen account sharing noobs getting their shit back, but for those of us that just paid our fuckin monthly fee, didn't share anything, didn't use cheats, we're getting told to fuckoff at random?

i just don't understand... it's so beyond belief that we are so helpless in this BS

Quote Originally Posted by MartialLaw
    If POL does indeed only process 2-3 forms a day, there should be some progress being made already. In this forums however, were only seeing about 50 cases of people getting hacked from what i can view. What are the 4,950 people out of 5k doing really, do they not visit the forums? It would be helpful if more people can post success stories so we get some kind of idea at the rate POL is working at to get these things out of their hands. I imagine they aren't feeling too happy being bombarded with calls everyday. Eventually they're gonna have to say enough is enough.
    Everyone (4-5 people) I know who got hacked has indeed gotten their accounts back. Just because you only see 50 people post on BG saying they got their shit back means nothing. I'm sure a lot of people are/were too embarrassed to even admit that they got hacked to begin with. I sure as hell know I would be. I'm guessing there are other things going on with any accounts not returned already.

It's good news that people are but what were trying to figure out is really the hold up on some accounts vs others..So it helps when people post their situations on their end even if it means to be a little embarrassed, its doing the majority of the community a favor who are just desperately waiting.

Silenceoftherams

Well I just called POL today and I want everyone to know who hasn't heard anything that there is hope. I spoke to a really awesome rep (yeah, I know unheard of at SE). He took my info for verification (what I had anyway) and told me that my investigation was over, and my Verification email had been sent, albeit, I never received it.

He also told me I just need to get the code and call back and my account will be restored to me.. apparently their email doesn't always work.. we'll see if I get the email now that I requested it again.

I think the information that the SE reps have access to is greater than what they're actually regularly giving us. They've had my form for a month, and I haven't had my account for over two now. I'll admit that I downloaded a form from here and sent it in before I got that email. However, I called yesterday in hopes that perhaps that I could get them to send me the form email just to see if I can get emails from them at all. I asked the rep (I believe her name was June... I'd never spoken with her before) to tell me what exactly my account had been flagged for thus far. She quickly did some typing, and told me that my account had been flagged for both having received the notary form (on the 6th of Feb, which is the date my tracker told me they got it and I didn't supply her with the date, so I'm hoping that means she actually had it on her screen and wasn't feeding me a line), and that they had in fact sent out the nortary form email to me, though I never actually received it. They're apparently not done with the investigation (whatever that means), so they haven't tried to send out the other email yet.

It's quite clear (though we've known this for some time) that the degree of helpfulness varies widely from rep to rep and that there is no clear pattern or order for sorting through the accounts and forms. Let's be clear on this: the baseline reps appear to have access to previous addresses, credit card info etc. They verify me now through my previous address and credit card info; this implies to me that they can now see at least the last two addresses or CCs used - the new, post-hacked info and the older info people had on the account before it was hacked. If they're having staffing problems verifying addresses on the forms, why don't they start giving them to the reps? If the form matches the previous account info, check it, file it away into the "Checks out box" for the Super to approve quickly later. If it doesn't, put it in the "Doesn't check out" box for the Supervisor or investigative team to look at later. Would save a lot of leg work.

And those who have said in this thread and others that we might be "pissing people off" by calling in a lot - so what? They've left literally thousands of people in the dark for however long. You have to expect that people are going to be calling regularly about their accounts to see what's going on, especially being that sometimes if you get a good rep, you'll feel like something's being done and if you don't, you'll want to call back more to see if you CAN get that rep who will at least make you feel somewhat assured. Secondly - it's their frickin' job to deal with people who might call repeatedly to get updates. That's what working at a call centre in customer service is going to get you. If a person can't handle that, they need to find a new job. I hope people are going to write in after this is sorted out to complain about the reps. I strongly believe that if SE wants to operate in a NA market, they have to adjust how they deal with customers...

Was hacked Dec 21-22. PoL has had form since 1:18 pm EST Feb 1st, was told the account was banned while compromised due to RMT activity. The STFU and the Compromised Accounts team can't see what each other is doing. So the STFU is banning accounts without being able to see that the accounts they are banning were compromised, Thus starts another investigation. Still waiting for account to be returned.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

they signed for my form last monday (3rd), haven't heard shit since then, but i haven't called them either.

Good news on my case atleast, i receive their verification email and have my account back in possession. So it took nearly a month for the investigation to be completed, no items were missing thankfully. All i can say is, hang tight an dont give up for those of you still waiting, maybe its time for you to open up topic to rant on so SE sees it ;x

Has anyone got their account back without reg codes? I have all the current information including the current credit card information, the account was locked before it was changed and they have confirmed all the information as being correct. They said I had to do this notarized form shit because I don't have the codes..