• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread

Buying a shit ton of stuff for the office, need help

So today my boss just basically told me to go out and quote prices on a ton of stuff for the office. We're a non-profit organization and our budget is limited so I'm guessing she's not expecting me to quote freakishly high but instead, mid range. We do a lot of video editing work and would like to take a field into HD quality stuff, if possible. Keeping all that in mind here's the list:

Video Camcorder - preferbly HD and has a Hard Disk Drive
    Computer for Editing HD Videos - Can build from scratch if required since bestbuy/futureshop is lol.
    6 LCD Monitors - Thinking 20" widescreens, maybe 1 large one for the Computer?
    3 Laptops - General mobile use (document work, mobile power points, ect)
    3-6 GPS Systems - No idea on this one
    And a Networkable High Quality Printer - that 6-8 people can daily print from, low wait times.

Now I can't really buy off of NewEgg but I can get price ideas from it because I'm in Vancouver, Canada so NCIX.com would be the preferred site for price quotes. Any ideas or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Re: Buying a shit ton of stuff for the office, need help

dell would probably be best for the laptops and possibly LCDs, you can get a business account there and be happy, the HD equipment... i'm not too sure on that as I havent priced that in a long time

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: Buying a shit ton of stuff for the office, need help

Dell has some other miscellaneous stuff available, so you might be able to do a one-stop shop. Advantage to Dell is the ability to track the service tags (ALL Dell products have a service tag, so no need to worry about getting an asset tag on items)