First of all welcome to the Tech Support forum, the primary purpose here is to help users who are having software/hardware problems with their PC and to offer assistance and guidance for solving problems. We also have several knowledgeable members who post regularly who can advise on good computer equipment to purchase. Feel free to use this forum also to discuss Tech-related issues.

Some basic ground rules to posting, nothing too serious but I'd like to make this a place that people can rely on to get good advice:

1. When posting hardware difficulties, be sure to include your system specs and any recent hardware changes.

Posting that your monitor isn't working right and describing what's wrong with it usually isn't good enough to offer advice on what to do. Give us your operating system, model of the equipment, system specs (for software) and any recent changes you've made to your computer (no matter how small) and it'll make it a lot easier for people to offer solutions.

2. When posting FFXI graphics problems when you use a 8-series Nvidia card, realize that there may be no solution for you other than to buy a different video card.

Almost every day I see a thread describing problems with FPS or texture errors in FFXI. It's an unfortunate truth that even with the recent patches and fixes to the Nvidia firmware, FFXI and 8-series cards sometimes simply do not mix. It's very hit or miss. Carefully read the other sticky in this forum and try the fixes listed within it. If you still have problems and are convinced it's not due to your video card, lay out your problem and someone may be able to offer advice.

3. Don't be afraid to post solutions and please don't bash ideas.

Even if you think your idea has no chance of working, post anyway. I've seen mouse drivers interfere with java program execution, usb printers affecting video resolutions, and a myriad of other weird causes for problems. You never know what may cause a problem, and the strangest idea may be the right solution. On that same note, don't bash people for offering advice. Feel free to disagree, but keep the flaming to a minimum especially when the person is just trying to offer advice.

Remember this is not spam or advanced, you are expected to be civil here to veteran posters and newbies alike. Repeated flaming and trolling will not be tolerated.

Finally, if you really want someone to take a look at your computer (ie, you can't explain it in words or just want to have another pair of eyes) if I'm free I'd be happy to remote to your computer and see if I can offer any solutions. Shoot me a PM if you ever would like to do this.

Thanks for reading!