BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Silver Sea Remnants Time Markers

Can those of you that do SSR share some of your objective time markers for each floor on runs that include Citadel Chelonian and what NMs you are doing in the process.

At the moment We only need three morrigan's coronals and one usukane body for Citadel Chelonian and I'd really like to get that over with so we don't have to mess with this guy for a while. Fomors just dont seem to die as fast as mobs in other salvage areas and cell accumulation feels slow.

So anywho, I was wondering if anyone would share their time checks to getting beyond the first floor, killing certain NMs, etc and beating CC. Our time management in this zone when trying to get to CC has been awful. I know this run can take quite a bit of practice and I know it's difficult. I figure if we can get this down, it will better condition us for everything else that salvage has to offer. Currently, we've only been doing SSR and ZR though I've also done Bhaflau twice, personally. We've killed all of the NMs in SSR except Hammerblow and Citadel Chelonian. I haven't gone the Hammerblow route yet because I haven't done enough research on how to take all those fomor. I was thinking Scholar with Manifestation Gravity and Bind but I'm not sure how long I could keep that up.

Any tips for time management in this area would be appreciated. If it helps our group generally consists of 8-10 people. MNK SAM RDM [COR or BRD] SCH WAR THF with occasionally an additional MNK RDM and/or SAM

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misa Amane
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Silver Sea Remnants Time Markers

On the Hammerblow path we have a THF w/movement speed and JAs unlocked to train the fomors while we grab two (the first being a MNK mob which drops Magic cells). After two are dead grab another two rinse and repeat.

We've got this zone down to a science, I'd almost like to say the most annoying pulls are where Powderjew spawns...not to mention those fomors on that floor can kill people without HP unlocked real fast. We usually have gobs of time left over after we kill CC, Gryoscopic Gears, Powderkeg, and Hammerblow and just toss flies. We normally don't do the boss since we have everything we need from it. If you work at it you should have 15 mins or more left over after CC. Oh and expect to see a whole lot of Nemain's Crowns, I can't count how many times I've seen that rot. We only have two Usukane bodies, two Usukane somen, and one Morrigan's Slops in our group...that's after at least 40+ runs of doing this zone.

We usually take 7-8 people with us main party being MNK MNK WHM RDM BRD THF and second party being BLM SAM or sometimes BLM COR.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We go with mnk x3, brd, whm, rdm in main party, rdm and thf is other. We kill all 4 rooms of Fomors prior to going for the 6 that pop HammerBLOW. Usually by this time, myself and 1 other mnk have HP unlocked and most of our gear. Our main party rdm gives Phalanx II and one of us 2 goes in and aggro's the whole bunch and get spam cured while we take them out, saves time and is pretty easy, just don't use CounterStance.

2nd floor, we either have the thf if he has range unlocked or one of us mnks start the pulling in the room for Powderkeg, if we get a link, I usually take one while the other DD take the other. Once there is enough space to move from the little hallway, we have our secondary rdm pull for us to speed things up. Of course we bitch because Powderkeg never drops Macha's for us.

3rd floor we don't bother killing gears for GG because at this time, don't need Ares' legs. We have the thf range attack one of the front Ramparts, if its the one that doesn't move that triggers the door, we just go rape it. If it isn't he flees and aggro's everything in the room, we follow until we find the right Rampart, he runs out of the room, eventually loosing hate.

4th floor, depending on the mood we are in, we do it 1 of 2 ways, either we sit and spam chests until the gear train shows up, Chainspell Sleepga and just kill them off. Once they are dead, we set up a pull order, who gets what Rampart, thf pops a Fan drink, flee and aggro's room, we pull of the Rampart, part way through the Fan drink, use PD to last longer. Bring Rampart to the chest room and kill them off. Wait 60 secs for spawned Rampart to pop CC, pull and kill in hallway is fine(Don't expect Usu body to drop, lol 0/30+ so far). Once dead, THF pops flee again, heads towards tele pad while we pull Chariot off him and kill it quick.

If we don't kill the train, we have the thf pop Fan drink, flee into the room aggro everything as usual and just pull the Ramparts all the way back to starting room and kill them there, need to be careful though, they lose aggro easily, need to keep them close to you, don't run too far from them.

We kill the Boss after because we still need atleast 1 more Usu feet and 1 more Bodb's Cuffs from the stingy bastard.

Edit: 20mins on first floor, about 25 on 2nd, 10mins on 3rd, 20mins on 4th, leaves us with 25mins to play with LAC.

Do hammer blow just as above poster said, Any sort of movement speed will work, just make sure to unlock whatever it is before you get to that room (duh?). I dont have a time target for this route since after I got my somen no one else wants, we go the East path for more cells.

We almost always go powderkeg on second floor which takes about 20min to spawn and kill. This area is a craptastic timesink, and yeah death can happen easily if tanks dont have shadows, or HP, or if you link, or if theImp that you linked uses amnesia and silence on everyone... But yeah, a Good time for our group is 18-20 min in this room and We would like to get that down.

If you do the Dekka path it should be a lot faster, maybe 5 min? but you loose it on the third floor north.

Third floor I would say 10 minutes is a good time, 15 is easy. when you are running past the southern room dont open the door untill everyone is together. Opening door starts timer's for Rampart reinforcements pop which will aggro you even on the ledge, so have everyone run through together.

Our last run for SSR we skipped CC for the MB we did GGS, then ran back to West side port to go up. When we ported to 4th we had 40 min left to sneak around gears up to MB floor killed with 20min left and kicked ourselves for not doing CC.

Doing CC in the past it took about 20 min without killing the chariot to go up to MB, but we've only done it once, and we could probly shave 5 minutes off of that. We would also like to shave more time off first floor farming. On the East path with more cell drops its not nessecary to clear. It's nice to have people equipped early, but by the time the Powderkeg room is finished you'r already wasting cells in droves. The trick is finding the right balance so that your not over farming 1st, but at the same time underfarming could make you lose time in keg room if it takes longer to kill or causes deaths.

We are usually mage heavy with WAR/MNK tanks, THF, and maybe 1 other DD. RDM WHM BRD, and 2-3 BLM. If your doing CC make sure everyone knows exactly what to do on this floor to save time on your first attempt, set up ES sleepga order and Rampart pulling/sac assignments before you go in. Vent helps a lot.

Edit: if doing hammerblow > Keg > GGS > CC > MB I would shoot for 15 > 20 > 15 > 20 > 20
    Re-establishing hate from BLM's whi didnt get jacked over to tanks who did makes this MB take long time for us. 100%-75% in 90-120 seconds, jacked for 2mi nor so, then BLM keep kiting for 2-3 more min till tanks get hate back. repeat at 50% and 25% its annoying but there are benefits to having so many BLM in other areas.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

recently we've been doing hammer>powder>G3G in about 60 minutes, for us that's typically 25>25>10 from moment of entrance to exit on each floor. we usually spent the extra time farming additional SSR cards for zhayolm before doing LAC.

that'd give you around 40 minutes if all you wanted to do was CC (which is a fuckton of time - you can get him in about 15 minutes with practice) if you're aiming for Mega too you'd probably want to try to shave 5 minutes between hammer and powder - the easiest way to do this would probably be to do fewer/none of the side rooms on 1F. we typically do 2-3 rooms depending on how many people we have.

if you're not real solid on doing CC yet (it sounds like you aren't) try to aim for at least 30 minutes remaining when you floor up. I'd still go hammer>powder on 1F and 2F but depending on how long that took might skip G3G (you can just kill the stationary rampart and go) skipping G3G makes the floor take about 4 minutes if people are paying attention. this would give you around 65 minutes to do the other two nm's, which should be possible for most experienced salvage teams even if it's their first attempt at this particular zone.

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Movement speed isnt a problem. My thief doesn't have trotters or strider's but he can pick up a pair of desert boots and I'll Sandstorm him for the same effect. I'll also start him off with Stoneskin as well as the rest of the main party. Phalanx seems to be pretty useful on the first floor as well.

We had a problem doing the rampart and not doing G3G first... Any tips on how to kill this rampart quickly to get the next floor? We had the THF pull all the mobs pretty far away but we just couldn't kill it before they got back. It has like 60 million hit points ;/ My parser lost count after 56,391,044 >.<

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

All depends on how many rooms you clear out prior to the 6 Fomor room to pop Hammerblow and what strat your using in this room. Anywhere from 20-30mins depending. We clear all 4 rooms and just have a mnk tank all 6 Fomors with Phalanx II on cure spamming him and do it in about 20-25mins.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

You don't even really need movement speed; we've had people lose them by aggro pulling with no +movement at all. The only problem with that is one of them might decide to bind or grav you, but it doesn't happen often. Ideally, yes, your puller will have a ranged weapon and +movement, but it's possible to do while missing one or both of those.

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Well Desert Boots are cheap and I always go Scholar, so + movement speed isn't a problem and it seems to be the safest route.

As a first time try for this route I'm gonna go Hammerblow -> Gyro3 -> CC

I figure taking out Gyro3 will just eliminate the need to sack pull this room which turned out to be nothing but trouble for us last time.

Not to mention 2 NMs that I know for a fact we can do in the time limit is better than 1 or nothing at all.

We usually exit 1F at the 20 minutes mark. For Hammerblow pull, we let one person sac it and die in a corner while 2 people claim 2 fomors and bring them at camp (in the corridor before the room). It's safe to reraise as you will be outside of blood aggro when going back to camp. We usually have people not useful yet do the sac (BLM etc). Oh and the other side of 1F is not faster for us. So going that side is a big waste imo.

Our group is more interested in dekka atm so we take dekka > gyroscopic Gear > gyroscopic Gears path and usually end up being ready to warp for CC with 35-40 min left, and as little as 25 when we pop the body NM frog.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

NIN MNK THF RDM WHM BRD
    1F West (pretty straight forward)
    Kill 1 fomor > 6 fomor room + NM (15-17 mins)
    Note if you want to be efficient:THF aggro or pull + backtrack while tank peel 1 fomor(usually magic mnk) AND rdm to grav + bind the rng fomor so you can kill 2 while the rest reset for repeated thf pulls. Safv 1 min or 2 really

2F South East (pretty straight forward)
    clr all + NM (40 mins)

3F East (pretty straight forward)
    clr all + NM + rampart (57 mins)
    Note if you want to be efficient: pull at will, main team camp at room before huge room at a corner. If aggro rampart, just let the puller(usually thf) backtrack till rampart loses hate. main tank peel gear, rdm peel and sleep extra gears at corner of room. You can use this way to find out real rampart too. Pulling at will and not waiting save a few mins too

4F East (follow steps to be efficient.)
    1.Thf uses flee and warp at 3F
    2.catches up train, aggro and bring back
    3.kill all
    4.flee again and aggro mid room, 4 peelers of ramparts.
    5.Thf fanatic drink + logout (use dusty rr if no fanatic)
    6.kill ramparts + NM
    7.thf flee, pull chariot, main tank peel chariot, thf flee to warp
    8.hit 5F with 15-17 mins spare

or

NIN MNK THF RDM WHM BRD
    Kill 1 fomor > 1 wing(either east or west 4 fomor) > 6 fomor room + NM(17-19 mins, yea kill faster sometimes with extra gears from 1 wing, which also helps for 2F imps)

2F North West (pretty straight forward)
    kill imp and NM (32 mins)

3F Mid (pretty straight forward)
    1.clr all
    2.NIN THF RDM kill imp, while MNK BRD WHM kill gear NM (brd run around ans sing)
    3.47mins mark

clr all + NM + rampart (62mins)

4F East
    3.kill all
    6.kill ramparts + NM
    8.hit 5F with 12-15 mins spare

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars
    NIN MNK THF RDM WHM BRD
    Kill 1 fomor > 6 fomor room + NM (15-17 mins)
    Note if you want to be efficient:THF aggro or pull + backtrack while tank peel 1 fomor(usually magic mnk) AND rdm to grav + bind the rng fomor so you can kill 2 while the rest reset for repeated thf pulls. Safv 1 min or 2 really

2F South East (pretty straight forward)
    clr all + NM (40 mins)

clr all + NM + rampart (57 mins)
    Note if you want to be efficient: pull at will, main team camp at room before huge room at a corner. If aggro rampart, just let the puller(usually thf) backtrack till rampart loses hate. main tank peel gear, rdm peel and sleep extra gears at corner of room. You can use this way to find out real rampart too. Pulling at will and not waiting save a few mins too

4F East (follow steps to be efficient.)
    3.kill all
    6.kill ramparts + NM
    8.hit 5F with 15-17 mins spare

or

NIN MNK THF RDM WHM BRD
    Kill 1 fomor > 1 wing(either east or west 4 fomor) > 6 fomor room + NM(17-19 mins, yea kill faster sometimes with extra gears from 1 wing, which also helps for 2F imps)

2F North West (pretty straight forward)
    kill imp and NM (32 mins)

3F Mid (pretty straight forward)
    1.clr all
    2.NIN THF RDM kill imp, while MNK BRD WHM kill gear NM (brd run around ans sing)
    3.47mins mark

clr all + NM + rampart (62mins)

4F East
    3.kill all
    6.kill ramparts + NM
    8.hit 5F with 12-15 mins spare
    Thank you very very much for this. Only thing I was wondering is are you suggesting all other fomors are skipped on the first floor? Just kill the single and then the 6 for hammer blow?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yea but make sure all your melee got at least 5-10 hi po for the first magic mnk

but if your doing 2F NW, its best to clr 1 wing in 1F(4 fomors E or W) so that it helps a bit as theres typically no equipment cells in 2F NW(imps)

but if doing 2F SE, can just hit 1 fomor + NM room in 1F. save more time as 2F SE drops crazy cells enough for everyone

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

and just to clarify, the ramparts only aggro sight and magic right? Not true sight? I know they link with gears as well.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

3F ramparts doesnt aggro at all

but they link with gears tho

if you pull and linked rampart, and after u make hate reset, its perfectly ok to walk pass it w/o sneak after losing hate XD

they friendly unless linking gears

i dunno about 4F tho, since those mess is 100% link haha

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My groups does...(With 6 to 9 people)

1F - Clear entire Hammerblow wing including side rooms - 20-25 min
    Skipping side rooms to save time is a general misconception I think. At least for my group, slowing down in the later floors due to a lack of cells is not my idea of efficiency. Having mnk tanks near to fully unlocked means they can tank 3 fomors at once(With Phalanx 2) to pop Hammerblow

2F - Morrigan route - 20-25 min
    Marduk/Skadi route - 15-20 min

3F - Usually up here at 67-68 min on Marduk Route, or about 55 min left on Morrigan route.
    Clear East side gyroscopic (and north side gyroscopic) - 10-15 min each

4F - We made it up here at 45 min left a few times but we haven't perfected our Rampart/Chariot pulling skills yet haha. Things are looking good though, we should be able to clear 4 ramparts, Chariot and turtle in about 20-25 min.

5F - Boss - 20 min. Allow time for charms. We usually kill it before 5th. (Or we wipe )

-------
    Depending on drops and general luck...decide which NMs or boss to skip.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As for pulling 1F, Hammerblow fomors, my group used a progression of methods, improving as we go...

Note that time includes clearing side rooms completely,

1st method: Sacrificial pull (~30 min usually)
    +: Nice and clean, simple.
    -: One member will be out of commision for a while. Especially bad since we often low-man stuff.

2nd method: Pull till lose hate (~25 min usually)
    +: No one needs to die! Don't need flee or +movement.
    -: One member needs to move far far far away, so does not contribute to melee/mage power.

3rd method: My newest creation last SSR (Well I don't claim first invention though). Advance pulling. (~20 min)
    +: All the benefits of #1 and #2.
    -: Potential to get messy if timing is off and if main party is in the wrong place.

This method is essentially like #2, but the pulling member will pull while the others are clearing the last 2 side rooms. One fomor RDM will usually follow at least till the room between the 4 side rooms. Side rooms should be clear and members be in that big empty room by the time the fomor gets there.

Now, if the puller can go grab another when the main party gets the hate on the solitary fomor. Main party should move south, killing the fomors by the ones or twos on the way. Ideally, Hammerblow should be up by the time you reach his room.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by tymora
    etc
    3rd method: My newest creation last SSR (Well I don't claim first invention though). Advance pulling. (~20 min)
    +: All the benefits of #1 and #2.
    -: Potential to get messy if timing is off and if main party is in the wrong place.

This method is essentially like #2, but the pulling member will pull while the others are clearing the last 2 side rooms. One fomor RDM will usually follow at least till the room between the 4 side rooms. Side rooms should be clear and members be in that big empty room by the time the fomor gets there.

Now, if the puller can go grab another when the main party gets the hate on the solitary fomor. Main party should move south, killing the fomors by the ones or twos on the way. Ideally, Hammerblow should be up by the time you reach his room.
    Never thought of doing it this way...They spread themselves out pretty evenly in the hallway when they lose aggro don't they?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty much. On the way south, you will find the RDMs first, then the ranged fomors, then the melee ones. But the ranged and melees ones should be relatively close together.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tymora
    1F - Clear entire Hammerblow wing including side rooms - 20-25 min
    Skipping side rooms to save time is a general misconception I think. At least for my group, slowing down in the later floors due to a lack of cells is not my idea of efficiency. Having mnk tanks near to fully unlocked means they can tank 3 fomors at once(With Phalanx 2) to pop Hammerblow
    All depends really
    if your 6, and gotta do 2SE, clring sides of 1F is time wasting 20-25 mins for 1F is way too much. clearing maximum 1 sides should be enough to gear you up for 6 man to deal with hammerblow fast.
    however if your 9, yes, its good to clear the sides especially if your doing 2NW imps since that route lack cells until gears. 9 people can eventually speed up the overall run.

as for wiping to LAC, kinda wierd tho, according to your post, you have 20 mins, that more than enough to play safe. only way i can think of wiping to LAC is:- rushing, which you dont have to XD

kill more LAC post more pic of usu boots and make people /waist ftw XD