Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chigoe + shield skill up     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

chigoe + shield skill up

So i got bored a few weeks on my whm/rdm and was use phalanx/SS on chigoes to skill up shield and got to 193 on them but then i hit a road block and couldnt find any 70+ ones. A few sites said there were lvl 72+ chigoes out in waj(tab) woods and bhaf thickets. Are they refering to the ones of the marids? Im just looking to find some chigoes to skill up my shield from lvl 67>75 if possible or almost caped so any help would be nice.

Banned.

BG Level

Re: chigoe + shield skill up

Well there are two chigoes in the entrance to Hazlam Testing Grounds. And on the Aydewaa map that leads to Hydra, are chigoes too. Wajaom Woodlands B-8 entrance IIRC.

Btw thanks for the tip >_>;

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

thanks a lot for the chigo locations. I used genbus shield only to get there with normal gear never had mp problems. I could keep 2-3 upon me at once but might want some - spell intruptin gear to keep SS/phalanx up. Otherwise its perfectly safe to do this as whm/rdm with caped enchancing magic. Maybe use blaze spikes to lower there hp to about 2-3 hits to kill them off if its gets bad.

Banned.

BG Level

Al zabhi sash go! ;p. Although probably just aquaveil and AF pieces work better as RDM, casting aquaveil as WHM however... Maybe with Marduk set.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

did 193>201 on the chigoes that spawned off a marid its not that bad just dont hold more then one. You dont need marduk for it it either.Sence phalanx overrides itself and last 4 minutes should have no problem keeping it up all the time. And with caped or near caped SS should have no problem as well with taking dmg. Use regens and try not to over cure with them and its a joke to keep this up for hours.

Once you get over 200 skill Gnats become pretty good (Sauromongue_S)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are these Chigoes good for skill lv 171?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

yeah
    i did caedivre mire chigos 100>160/170ish then aqwade subeterain chigoes till 190 then i found someone killing marid and use those chigoes to get to 201 (ther e71-73 so ist 203-205 but after 200 it relly slowed down for me). Thanks for the gnats ill have to cheack those out. BTW anyone know wha tlvl the chigoes are in G(tab0 [S]? looks to be 70ish i haven't ahd a chance to cheack them yet. Also how much are the gnat hitting for cause i have a -22 dmg phalanx and -15% dmg gear atm so if i can keep it so the makority of dmg is about under 30 or 40 should have np using them.