BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Haste Cap     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: Haste Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    I was bringing up Sable Cuisses in LS today as alternative to head or body, someone was saying that the enhance souleater effect on cuisses isn't as good as helm or body?
    To my knowledge, all of the "Enhances Souleater" items (AF head, Gloom, Sable) grant exactly the same boost. I don't think anyone has tested the ring/scythe set yet but I'm guessing those will be similar as well.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    I was bringing up Sable Cuisses in LS today as alternative to head or body, someone was saying that the enhance souleater effect on cuisses isn't as good as helm or body?
    I've tested all three and they're exactly the same.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishnevskiy
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthars
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishnevskiy
    You are loosing 5%, which if my math was correct, is 6 hits lost every time you do Last Resort compared to before. Now multiply it by the amount of times you last resort in 1hr, and then multiple that by your average hit during Last Resort.

So lets say you can last resort 12 times an hour, and loose 6 hits every time compared to before. That is 72 swings lost an hour. During last resort a DRK might hit a merit mob for lets say 250-400 dmg (not including double proc), so lets pretend its a constant of 300. Correct me if I am wrong, but in this situation you are loosing 21,600 dmg compared to before the patch.

In a parse where you care who wins, that will make or break you.
    opps backtracked way back, but i do feel it doesnt make sense since it only affect max cap (93ish%>80%)

in a merit mob situation, you will never be above 80% haste to affect any desperate blows math you did above since normally in an average merit pt, you get 1 march, 1 minuet, and haste from mage. Thats not even close to the 80% cap to make any difference from pre patch in a merit situation. however, zerging with SV 2xmarch is really not that hack anymore(i wouldnt call it nerf tho, since drk is still able to be the top in zerging.)

either that, or my math really fails ; ;

but people do need to know, they "only" nerf the cap

however thank god apoc still works normally tho, but my god mode is gone orz

but i still live with it(do i have a choice? haha)

but i do feel for people that thought rune chopper will be everything, forking and squeezing out every haste you can get(lolblitz), and the HP items. Time to move on guys with a kris, ridill, or kc
    I have no idea what your standards are, but I never merit without 2 bards in which case I always have 2 marches. My salvage group also uses double March most of the time.

So maybe it doesn't effect apoc always, but for me it would be a constant.

Either way, I am ready to start turning my Apoc and I really don't care that much about the nerf. Apoc still cures you and allows you to wear less haste gear while reaching 25%. Plus its shiny!
    fyi, even double march dont make you hit the cap w/o SV

or you merit/salvage in SV march x2?

and yup apoc still good weapon to pwn in meripo now and basically doesnt affect us in merit/salvage situations at all since we dont hit 80% during those "NQ times"
    marchx2 20% + haste 15% + gear haste 25% (we are talking about Apoc here) + hasso 10% + DB3 15% = 85%

Quizno

Apoc Delay: 513

80% Haste: 102.6 spsw = 1.71~
    85% Haste: 77.0 spsw = 1.28~

30 second duration:
    80% Haste: 17.5 swings
    85% Haste: 23.4 swings
    Delta of about 6 swings per cycle.

Last Resort Fully Merited = 4:10 reuse = 14.4 cycles per hour

Means you will lose somewhere around 80-90 swings per hour (Variability due to timing and double attack proc)

Plug in damage as you see fit. That 5% is huge if you are optimized, even in a merit party.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    Apoc Delay: 513

80% Haste: 102.6 spsw = 1.71~
    85% Haste: 77.0 spsw = 1.28~

30 second duration:
    80% Haste: 17.5 swings
    85% Haste: 23.4 swings
    Delta of about 6 swings per cycle.

Last Resort Fully Merited = 4:10 reuse = 14.4 cycles per hour

Means you will lose somewhere around 80-90 swings per hour (Variability due to timing and double attack proc)

Plug in damage as you see fit. That 5% is huge if you are optimized, even in a merit party.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that it is not a cut. But it is a cut that only has marginal effects, because of the distance that the Apoc was already from other DD.

Quizno

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree

I don't think anyone is suggesting that it is not a cut. But it is a cut that only has marginal effects, because of the distance that the Apoc was already from other DD.
    I wouldn't call 25,000+ dmg per hour a marginal effect.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

He probably meant the desirability of the weapon itself compared to any existing alternative, not the actual damage you'd lose if someone throws out double march and hardcaps your haste for an hour straight.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

i love this patch. everything about it is pure win.

Retaliation <3

sub /sch <3

nerferd rune chopper <3

it's great lol my LS will continue to zerg just fine as we did today. oh no you need to get an Mkris now... or a Ridill this update makes me want to level DRK lol.... but in all reality it was needed. i'm sorry to thoes DRKS who sold Kraken Club. i really am. but Rune Chopper was way over powerd once this was discovered and publicly made known.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Caestus
    it's great lol my LS will continue to zerg just fine as we did today. oh no you need to get an Mkris now... or a Ridill this update makes me want to level DRK lol.... but in all reality it was needed. i'm sorry to thoes DRKS who sold Kraken Club. i really am. but Rune Chopper was way over powerd once this was discovered and publicly made known.
    So glad I kept my club. <3

Retaliation <3

sub /sch <3

nerferd rune chopper <3

I'm tellin ya, the bastokan dagger is the new walmart DRK's ultimate weapon.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

there goes my dream of being a 93% zerg drk /cry.

now i gotta go out there with 80%... and get a KC.
    question though....
    is RC worthless now?

would full homan gear, (excluding head piece, thats for w.turban), swift belt, DB3, hasso, RC, ...
    but worthless?

Quizno

Retaliation <3

sub /sch <3

nerferd rune chopper <3

Wow you're right, we should make trivial events like Bahamut take longer for no reason. Just what the game needs, more useless time sinks when the fight is already stale.

And BZ is still faster than Bastokan Dagger as far as walmart SE goes...

Black Belt
    BG Level

Wow you're right, we should make trivial events like Bahamut take longer for no reason. Just what the game needs, more useless time sinks when the fight is already stale.

And BZ is still faster than Bastokan Dagger as far as walmart SE goes...
    i'm not necessarily in favor of this update, but you're a real moron for thinking Bahamut and "trivial" being in the same sentence is a good thing.

i won't deny that i like Bahamut being trivial because when you've done it ten times the hard way, you've done it a hundred times the hard way, but Bahamut was never intended to be trivial, it's supposed to be the hardest BC in the game.

Quizno

I'm an idiot? The fight was trivial w/o zerging.

Get a better LS.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Get a better LS.
    you're posting on his LS's forums you silly cunt

Black Belt
    BG Level

Get a better LS.
    every fight in FFXI outside of AV is trivial with a good LS. therefore you can't use the word "trivial" unless you're talking about something that's actually "trivial" to the majority of the playerbase.

so yes, you are in fact an idiot.

Quizno

Yeah, I'm an idiot because I realized long ago that nothing in this game is difficult once it is actually possible.

Wasting 30 minutes on a fight simply because it has a lot of HP should not be the reason for a fight's "difficulty".

If you are in BG I am extremely disappointed. I hope you are the only one in BG that thinks the fight is anything but trivial.

The BC makes me think of "World's Tallest Midget".

Relic Horn
    BG Level

yeah a fight where the main boss summons 4 miniwyrm and has the ability to 180 degree whipe everything out is REALLY trivial lol

P.S. Go back to KI where every NIN averages 1400 Blade Jins

Quizno

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    yeah a fight where the main boss summons 4 miniwyrm and has the ability to 180 degree whipe everything out is REALLY trivial lol

P.S. Go back to KI where every NIN averages 1400 Blade Jins
    How about a Manticore that summon's 4 minigods, runs extremely fast, grows immune to gravity, and likes to aga the hell out of an alliance.

Wow that sounds really hard, we better not consider that trivial!

P.S. Are you trying to say that B2.0 is hard?

P.S.S. If you want to continue debating the difficulty of Bahamut by all means please make another thread. I'm done posting about anything other than haste in this one.

Quizno

Quote Originally Posted by nivlac
    there goes my dream of being a 93% zerg drk /cry.

now i gotta go out there with 80%... and get a KC.
    question though....
    is RC worthless now?

would full homan gear, (excluding head piece, thats for w.turban), swift belt, DB3, hasso, RC, ...
    but worthless?
    From a zerging standpoint yes.

If you want to buy something to replace it, try a MK... a few of those go a long way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast