BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki View Post
    Did you ever do this? or anyone for that matter? I'd like to take out blink casting from my macros but I'm unsure how to edit the dats to replace SCH JA audio's with the motionless dancer dats :<
    Not successfully ><. I could swap the audio for Sublimation, but not for the stratagems (when you open it in a hex editor, there's a lot more information there, so I'm not sure where the audio information ends). But, I only really tested it in AltanaViewer. Swapping the particle effects is beyond my abilities.

For now, I've got an empty file instead of the original dats, but that works to some extent. If anyone nearby is casting a spell at the same time I use any of my blanked out JAs, I will use the animation of whatever they're casting (eg. when someone casts Thun4, it looks like I just casted Thun4 on myself).

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki View Post
    Well, to be fair, it doesn't seem out of order. Considering he said it can no longer be stacked, which is incorrect. I don't think its nitpicky to point out something false. I know it wasn't directed at me but still I don't see why we should condone the spreadage of bullshit.
    I do agree, but at the same time going on the butthurt defensive and pulling the "gee, next time I'll keep this to myself" drek is a quick way to catch a few peoples' ire.

Also, when I think of Modus and stacking, I think of people simultaneously using MV as a spike (which was how it was originally operated), not how MV is now implemented where there has to be time between usage on a single target. That was how I interpreted it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I admit my first response to Xan did come off a bit assholeish, and I apologize, but him attacking the information I posted because of how I stated it was assholish on his part too, and at least my info was correct.

* Modus Veritas
    After a helix spell is cast on a target, a predetermined period of time must elapse before Modus Veritas can be used effectively. Furthermore, certain Notorious Monsters will now demonstrate resistance to the effects of Modus Veritas.
    In my original post I was refering to this part and I tried explaining how this particular NM resisted MV. I didn't read this as NMs could flat out resist MV. When I hear resist in FFXI I think of partial resists, I guess this is where the confusion occured.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Also, when I think of Modus and stacking, I think of people simultaneously using MV as a spike (which was how it was originally operated), not how MV is now implemented where there has to be time between usage on a single target. That was how I interpreted it.
    That is what I was getting at; stacking referring to several SCHs activating MV at the same time for broken gains in DoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikpik View Post
    I admit my first response to Xan did come off a bit assholeish, and I apologize, but him attacking the information I posted because of how I stated it was assholish on his part too, and at least my info was correct.

In my original post I was refering to this part and I tried explaining how this particular NM resisted MV. I didn't read this as NMs could flat out resist MV. When I hear resist in FFXI I think of partial resists, I guess this is where the confusion occured.
    At no point did I take an offensive posture regarding what you posted. I was responding in particular to the following comment in regards to MV resistance:

Quote Originally Posted by Bikpik View Post
    So I guess this is SE's "fix" for MV stacking.
    I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I was only pointing out that the fix and NM resistance are two separate subjects. The fix was to no longer allow multiple SCHs to simultaneously use MV on a single mob. NM resistance refers to MV taking any effect on a mob at all. Given the nature of the effect, it is either on or off, hence the miss. MV will always halve your helix's remaining duration and double it's damage per tic except for the case of a resist which will yield no effect at all. The helix spell itself however is subject to partial damage and duration resists.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    Not successfully ><. I could swap the audio for Sublimation, but not for the stratagems (when you open it in a hex editor, there's a lot more information there, so I'm not sure where the audio information ends). But, I only really tested it in AltanaViewer. Swapping the particle effects is beyond my abilities.

For now, I've got an empty file instead of the original dats, but that works to some extent. If anyone nearby is casting a spell at the same time I use any of my blanked out JAs, I will use the animation of whatever they're casting (eg. when someone casts Thun4, it looks like I just casted Thun4 on myself).
    lol that's hilarious... I hope its at least instant-cast on yourself. Also, it must have been freaky the first time you saw it. I'm really sad that we can't do something about the stratagems/JA's like they did with the dancer dances though. I mean sure it works fine now if we blinkcast, but I get a lot flack from my ls mates, especially bards with piano going, that I'm blinking so much. Even if they don't complain I feel bad enough that I've stopped it altogether for anything except solo play. Which just makes me extremely inefficient and unable to do things I should be doing for my alliance, like pulling Einherjar. In fact I've all but stopped using scholar and I hate that. :< (I'm not looking for "Tell your LS to use blinkmenot." etc etc, I love my ls, especially our bards, and I can't justify any necessity for them to use tools on my behalf.) I just wish there was some middle ground that doesn't render me useless which I can do from my end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    I do agree, but at the same time going on the butthurt defensive and pulling the "gee, next time I'll keep this to myself" drek is a quick way to catch a few peoples' ire.

That's fair, I'll agree to that. Perhaps I'm just a bit to used to seeing people pull the butthurt card that my brain just skips over it and pushes the ignore button lol.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

This is gonna sound dumb, but I don't get this "blink casting" stuff. Can someone explain it? Baby steps plz! ; ;

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

its when you swap gear right before your spell goes off, so that as the spell goes off the animation is skipped and you can continue running.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Scholar Discussion #3 post March patch

Yep, this isnt the much-anticipated Patch 2, just a mini-patch that addresses a few crashes/memory issues - no match engine or data changes.

According to SI, Patch 2 will be released "before Christmas".

p.s. Its fascinating to see the placebo effect this patch is having on unsuspecting FMers.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by illulsogefe View Post
    Yep, this isnt the much-anticipated Patch 2, just a mini-patch that addresses a few crashes/memory issues - no match engine or data changes.

According to SI, Patch 2 will be released "before Christmas".

p.s. Its fascinating to see the placebo effect this patch is having on unsuspecting FMers.
    What is this I don't even.

Spoiler: show
    Yes I know it's a bot. It just went much father off base than its other posts.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

anyone have any good sch xml that work that they dont mind pm me that doesnt have a problem with nuking and changing gear as they nuke and other crap, would be much appreciated

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Mirpar View Post
    Sch is my newest 75 and I'm loven it!
    Since when did SCH become a fast food restaurant?

So, I've recently switched over to using spellcast on SCH, and although the one I have is kinda borked, it still works fine for what I need. What I'm wondering is if anyone can guide me through setting up how to blink out Strategems that are qued up before the spell(How this XML does it) or just how to do it in general with spellcast.
    The spellcast is here btw:
    http://windower.net/plugins/spellcas...ch/illuminatus

-Problems are the sublimation tick counter not working(Shows but doesn't count)
    -Having to switch jobs/start on another job, and then loading the XML to have it work properly.
    Not sure if it's really the right section, but just looking for a slight bit of help.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Belt View Post
    So, I've recently switched over to using spellcast on SCH, and although the one I have is kinda borked, it still works fine for what I need. What I'm wondering is if anyone can guide me through setting up how to blink out Strategems that are qued up before the spell(How this XML does it) or just how to do it in general with spellcast.

-Having to switch jobs/start on another job, and then loading the XML to have it work properly.
    Not sure if it's really the right section, but just looking for a slight bit of help.
    You'll get your answer quicker by using the "Randomest Question" thread in standard.

Thanks, I forgot about that little post.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Have you found a better spellcast, and did the random question thread post help? I couldn't find it. :/

I'm trying to find a SCH spellcast that switches to AF head when charging sublimation to Vermillion Cloak when sublimation is full or uncharging (30sec cool down)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Clerix View Post
    Have you found a better spellcast, and did the random question thread post help? I couldn't find it. :/

I'm trying to find a SCH spellcast that switches to AF head when charging sublimation to Vermillion Cloak when sublimation is full or uncharging (30sec cool down)
    I think Kaeko has a spell cast for that if you check his LJ.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

<if Spell="Fire Spirit">
    <if NotBuffActive="Sublimation: Activated">
    <action type="equip" when="precast" set="Standing">
    <body>Ixion Cloak</body>
    </action>
    <action Type="CancelSpell"/>
    <action Type="Return"/>
    </if>
    <else>
    <action Type="Equip" when="precast" set="Standing">
    <body>Argute Gown</body>
    <head>Scholar's Mortarboard +1</head>
    </action>
    <action Type="CancelSpell"/>
    <action Type="Return"/>
    </else>
    </if>

Where "Fire Spirit" is replaced with whatever random unused spell you use to recall your standing set. Also replace Ixion Cloak with Verm.

Kaeko, I saw the blinking through JA's guide/info on your LJ, was wondering if there is any way to put it into spellcast?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Kaeko, I saw the blinking through JA's guide/info on your LJ, was wondering if there is any way to put it into spellcast?
    Taking from IneptVagrant's Scholar XML

Code:
    <var name="blinkMyArts1">Scholar's Bracers</var>
    <var name="blinkMyArts2">Yigit Gages</var>
    Change the gear to whatever you want to switch,

Code:
    <if type="jobability">
    <if status = "idle"
    <if equiphands="$blinkmyarts1">
    <equip when="precast">
    <hands>$blinkmyarts2</hands>
    </equip>
    </if>
    <else>
    <equip when="precast">
    <hands>$blinkmyarts1</hands>
    </equip>
    </else>
    </if>
    </if>
    Place this at the top of your rules section, or in with your jobabilitys sections if you have your rules setup that way. change "equiphands" if you want to switch another slot.

A little change I put in to only blink when you're not in combat, and you can use this for any job, not just scholar.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerix View Post

Basically, I haven't because trying to change to another spellcast is causing me problems, they either need 2.3, and it doesn't like to work even if I update my xml's to work without, or just won't work in general.