Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Re: March 10th Puppetmaster WS testing~

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai
    I'm gonna go to Colbris tonight and see what Armor Piercer can do/test Manever priorty and effectiveness. Being able to break 1k on em with the Automaton alone would be excellent, especially if it can make for an easy SC with more damage.

They seriously need to fix that damn Activate timer though.
    In a Colibri merit PT right now. Armor Piercer doing constant 1100+ damage WSs. :nikkei:

...Unfortuantly, in a span of about an hour and a half Tournefoux died three times despite me using Ventriloquy and Role-Reversal pretty much every single time the timer was up.

They need to fix Activate timer bad. >_>

Edit: I fooled around with it a little by equipping Stealth Screen and put up two Water Maneuvers before it fired Armor Piercer and managed to not pull hate despite firing the WS at start. Maybe putting up a Water Maneuver every just before it fires WS might be a good idea in order to not let the Automaton get killed.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaw

Edit: I fooled around with it a little by equipping Stealth Screen and put up two Water Maneuvers before it fired Armor Piercer and managed to not pull hate despite firing the WS at start. Maybe putting up a Water Maneuver every just before it fires WS might be a good idea in order to not let the Automaton get killed.
    Nice numbers but, as I said before, if only RNG has decent defense/HP. I can't stand activating in Salvage with no HP cell only for E100 to get one shotted by gears on BLM head...and then comes the 18 min recast...sigh..

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I am basically drooling here atm reading your posts, being a lvl 69 Puppetmaster. Please don't tell me SE was so cruel to make these new ws's lvl 75 with capped skill?

Anyone have any idea at what lvl they become available? It's been killing me lol

While i do not know the other two, i had armor peircer at 245 ranged skill, and im not at the cap. that was what i had when i logged on, so its gotta be 245 or below. that would mean its probably around level 70-72.

sadly, my melee skill is too low, i havent gotten the other two ws yet. Im betting its 240 skill for all the new ws though.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Armor Piercer is "good."

Bone Crusher is "good."

Magic Mortar is "downright retarded."

My Sharpshot Frame not defaulting with Armor Piercer is also a load of bull. I'm not sure if the damage lost from doing 0~60 dmg Magic Mortars is made up by the often unresisted Light skillchain from waiting to Dragon Kick afterwards. Before, I could spam Howling Fist at 100% and get nice ~300-400 Knockouts (including evasion down) with the seldom Distortion skillchain for loldmg. Still though, 100% Howling Fist is better than 100~150% Dragon Kick.

More Howling Fists @ 100% with Knockout dmg + Evasion Down effect > less often but double dmg Dragon Kicks @ 150%

I think.

Also, I'm too lazy to test at this moment, but by the name and the animation I'm wondering if Magic Mortar is a ranged weaponskill... which would be quite retarded considering it needs to melee to gain TP.

These weaponskills were a bit disappointing considering they don't seem quite burly enough to ever find myself Deploying my Automaton on a HNM in the near future. Also, I wonder if they have any additional effects... Armor Piercer and Bone Crusher hint towards some kind of DEF-down effect but I definitely have my doubts since they are impossible to view details about and SE didn't mention their effects in the update notes like they did about Knockout/Cannibal Blade/Daze.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank you Psion ^^ I'm crossing my fingers it's closer to 70

Old Merits
    BG Level

Interesting thought: Bone Crusher did some fkin crazy stuff in Salvage today, Arrapoggle Goggles Remnants.

On undead it did up to 625~700 damage, and then back to 300~400 damage on normal mobs. Maybe it's true to it's name and super effective on undead skeles?

I was using PUP to farm tier 4 spells for scholar after the patch came out and I had some 1100 BCs on some of the skeletons. Everything else though so far has received relatively low damage..

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Anyone try magic mortar on puddings or elementals? Ele might be a bad choice incase it's a specific element.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Anyone try magic mortar on puddings or elementals? Ele might be a bad choice incase it's a specific element.
    Still nuthin'. At full HP, did 0 damage.

Which sucks because really on mobs like that, you'd use BLM head and make it stand the fuck away. If only it consumed 100-200 MP and performed a huge ranged WS. If only. Mage frame is shitastic to get TP on.

Faithe

I actually like Magic Mortar.

When I solo, I usually use Harlewaker or Soulsoother, I set up Magic Mortar with Role Reverse and it works really well on NMs or anything even match or up.

But if I want my puppet to do Knockout, I'll just put up a wind maneuver.

I always have a wind maneuver on anyways to lower magic recast timer like Regen III.

Magic Mortal may also be good if we set it up correctly. I did some test with my HP equipments: animator+1, AF body, S.weapon, and light maneuvers. I used Valoredge head and Harlequin body. Used venom potion to lower my HP down to 10 and lowered my puppet's mp down below 8. Then, I used role reverse and started killing stuff. Magic Mortar was doing a constant 1008 damage on all mobs. If there is no resist, this could be extremely strong on HNMs that tend to resist damage. I had Replicator up at all times so it spammed blink.

Magic Mortar also doesn't take Flame Holder. So I think its property is . . . well . . magical.

Oh also, does anyone notice a stun for Bone Crusher? It feels exactly like Daze where the monster is immobilized for a moment after I use it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My solo setup is usually the following:

=============
    Soulsoother head
    Stormwaker body
    =============
    Mana Booster
    Tranquilizer
    Economizer
    Mana Converter
    Mana Conserver
    Optic Fiber
    Damage Gauge
    Attuner
    Target Marker
    Equalizer
    Turbo Charger
    Mana Jammer II

Thus, I have a continuous cycle of maneuvers

Light (cures/flash/statuscure)
    Dark (econ/convert/conserve/bio/blind)
    Ice (recast/magicacc/para/silence)

Thus, my setup is not encouraging Knockout in any way without sacrificing some magic recast (mana booster) for some haste (turbo charger) by switching from ice to wind maneuver. That, is only if Light/Dark are indeed not the elements that force Magic Mortar. If it is water, switching to wind maneuver should make knockout a lot more frequent.

Like Faithe mentioned, if you can be at a non-aoe HNM with some time to DoT yourself down to low HP then Role Reversal to an Automaton set up to not cure itself, you could get off a bit of damage on something like Jailer of Love with your melee skill capped and plenty of accuracy attachments on a Harlequin body... as long as Magic Mortar isn't resisted. Cannibal Blade isn't resisted by Jailer of Love so I wouldn't doubt it. Maybe I'll get to try in the near future since my new duty at Jailer of Love is to Deploy/Deactivate on Absolute Virtue to hold him until people switch jobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Faithe
    I actually like Magic Mortar.

When I solo, I usually use Harlewaker or Soulsoother, I set up Magic Mortar with Role Reverse and it works really well on NMs or anything even match or up.

But if I want my puppet to do Knockout, I'll just put up a wind maneuver.

I always have a wind maneuver on anyways to lower magic recast timer like Regen III.

Magic Mortal may also be good if we set it up correctly. I did some test with my HP equipments: animator+1, AF body, S.weapon, and light maneuvers. I used Valoredge head and Harlequin body. Used venom potion to lower my HP down to 10 and lowered my puppet's mp down below 8. Then, I used role reverse and started killing stuff. Magic Mortar was doing a constant 1008 damage on all mobs. If there is no resist, this could be extremely strong on HNMs that tend to resist damage. I had Replicator up at all times so it spammed blink.

Magic Mortar also doesn't take Flame Holder. So I think its property is . . . well . . magical.

Oh also, does anyone notice a stun for Bone Crusher? It feels exactly like Daze where the monster is immobilized for a moment after I use it.
    Except on HNMs, which generally have AoEs, you could not maintain such low HP generally while TPing on the automaton (not to mention that the magic frames have HORRENDOUS accuracy).

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Faithe
    I had Replicator up at all times so it spammed blink.
    How? Unless you have incredible timing and spammed <pettp>, this would make the automaton use Knockout. Also, SSs of Magic Mortar damage please! We need some good numbers in this thread.

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

http://calcobrena.com/images/ap.jpg

Her best was 1574 but the damn Darkness got 50% resisted so it wasn't as impressive as this screenshot. Her lowest was a little over 1300. I've yet to see this WS miss though I've heard it can.

As far as Magic Mortar I like it alot. I don't have to worry about my puppet pulling a bunch of hate at the start of a fight and regardless of the damage it does I can still make Light with it. It's a neat WS for soloing, though I have to wonder if its bugged and it was supposed to damage based on puppet's max HP and not the amount of HP its missing. I've also yet to see it miss and I wonder if it can. I'm also curious to know if it ignores shadows. It's damage seems to be concrete, based on its HP as well. I haven't seen it do less than what it could possibly do for its current status.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gaea

Her best was 1574 but the damn Darkness got 50% resisted so it wasn't as impressive as this screenshot. Her lowest was a little over 1300. I've yet to see this WS miss though I've heard it can.

As far as Magic Mortar I like it alot. I don't have to worry about my puppet pulling a bunch of hate at the start of a fight and regardless of the damage it does I can still make Light with it. It's a neat WS for soloing, though I have to wonder if its bugged and it was supposed to damage based on puppet's max HP and not the amount of HP its missing. I've also yet to see it miss and I wonder if it can. I'm also curious to know if it ignores shadows. It's damage seems to be concrete, based on its HP as well. I haven't seen it do less than what it could possibly do for its current status.
    I'm 99% sure Magic Mortar cannot miss and also it does go through at least Utsusemi since it did so when I was farming my 108-Knot piece of shit. They need to either reverse it so its damage is based on higher HP%... or perhaps put a floor on the damage done since if you have a self-curing Automaton that does so consistantly, your Magic Mortars are going to be doing about 0 or 50ish damage. Minimal damage 100~150 please. I'm going to try and do some tests and see how Magic Mortar is calculated... if increased MaxHP increases damage or if it's based on purely inverse HP%. Bumblebees GO.

Also, Shield Bash goes through Utsusemi (Hammermill was on). Is that new? >_>

1 of Eyy Mon the Ironbreaker's shadows absorbs the damage and disappears.
    Mandarin uses Shield Bash.
    Eyy Mon the Ironbreaker takes 265 points od damage.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Impressive. Capped Range and merited? Also, does the Tension Spring and Attuner work with it?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by Meian

Impressive. Capped Range and merited? Also, does the Tension Spring and Attuner work with it?
    It's also possible that Dia II/III/Angon etc was on when the WS was fired.

Still, would like to know details. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Meian

I've gotten it to go off with 1x Dark, Fire, Thunder up (so Flame Holder+Fire Attachments can get bonus on WS). If you cycle Thunder/Wind/Fire and get Dark up when TP is about to be ready it forces WS and prevents you from having to keep the Dark maneuver up too much.

Wincest Princess
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Actually there werent any debuffs on it we didn't have a Dragoon or anything. I used Inhibitor so I could use Fire maneuver with Attuner and Tension Spring II. Armor Piercer seems to ignore a large part of defense and Attuner seems to enhance that. After the Samurai used Tachi: Gekko, she closed with skillchain.
    Maneuvers were Fire, Thunder, Wind. No flame Holder, though it might do well. Flame Holder + Tension Spring 1 instead of Tension Spring II. I'll try that next time.

My Ranged Skill is capped but my merits are 5/5 melee and 5/5 magic. I'd love to see what a 5/5 ranged merited puppet is doing

Without inhibitor she'll use Arcuballsta with Fire maneuver up and Daze with thunder maneuver up. However, with Inhibitor you can use those maneuvers and she'll SC if someone opens Darkness or Gravitation. I'd love to take a BLU and a DRG along and see just how much damage is possible with this Will Impulse Drive open Darkness for Armor Piercer?