+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park (Season 12)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

Re: South Park (Season 12)

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    The episode was amazing. The premise was amazing, and the moral was very apt. I don't know how they keep topping themselves.
    the moral was... don't make fun of people with AIDs? or that with alot of money you can cure it?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I loved the analogy to money near the end and when Kyle yelled at Cartman, but I thought the episode was average in overall.

was funny kinda bothered me when cartman infected kyle, idk why Scott Tenorman must die is my fave episode.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Souj
    The episode was amazing. The premise was amazing, and the moral was very apt. I don't know how they keep topping themselves.
    the moral was... don't make fun of people with AIDs? or that with alot of money you can cure it?
    That giving up on a disease just because people with a ton of money can survive it comfortably is utter bullshit.

And cartman is a dick

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I loved the analogy to money near the end and when Kyle yelled at Cartman, but I thought the episode was average in overall.
    My tivo cut the last bit out, just as Kyle was about to say something to Cartmen. I hate it when that happens.

my thoughts exactly

hahah "im still going to break your xbox"

Quote Originally Posted by sb
    My tivo cut the last bit out, just as Kyle was about to say something to Cartmen. I hate it when that happens.
    my dvr cut out too they kinda have the time slot off a bit i think, all he says is he was still going to break cartmans xbox, and then cartman has a shocked/scared look and whines i think.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

FUCK YOU JIMMY BUFFETT!

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After watching that I have more than a couple opinions on the matter, but the main point "Rich people are better off than poor people when it comes to medicine" didn't have nearly the impact of some of their other episodes morals.

Point of reference: some of the 'cheap' HIV meds cost 1500$ before insurance for a 30 day supply. most of the 'good' drugs are brand name only, and there are not generics and wont be for another few years minimum.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila
    After watching that I have more than a couple opinions on the matter, but the main point "Rich people are better off than poor people when it comes to medicine" didn't have nearly the impact of some of their other episodes morals.

Point of reference: some of the 'cheap' HIV meds cost 1500$ before insurance for a 30 day supply. most of the 'good' drugs are brand name only, and there are not generics and wont be for another few years minimum.
    At least it had morals, like the first few seasons, I really felt that last season was really trying too hard to just be 'really funny' and forgot how it started out, making big points with lots of laughs, that other people would never point out so bluntly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I so want to see Kyle holding the Xbox photoshopped with 3 red lights.

Episode was gold, and loved the intro redone.

Fuck your Ice cream!

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    At least it had morals, like the first few seasons, I really felt that last season was really trying too hard to just be 'really funny' and forgot how it started out, making big points with lots of laughs, that other people would never point out so bluntly.
    Well yeah. I guess I came away from it wondering what the hell because I hope its an exaggeration and AIDs isn't 'retro'. I have yet to watch an SP episode and go 'thats just not cool' but last nights came close a couple times.

/i'm still using "are you positive?" I"m HIV positive if i ever get the chance. That shit was awesome.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Some of the best south park episodes are the ones that make you feel uncomfortable. That's why I love the show.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    I forget which interview it was (I think it was the Rolling Stone one?), but I remember reading that Matt and Trey like to alternate what kinds of episodes they make. As in, one episode they'll make something very poignant and have a moral, and then the next they'll make one that's just bizarre. Personally, I think it's what makes them great: you'll never know what they'll do next.

For instance, I just looked it up: the episode "La Petite Tourette" was followed by "More Crap" with Bono and Randy fighting for the largest dump. "Make Love, Not Warcraft" won an Emmy; a year and a half prior, "Best Friends Forever" won the same title. You can't say that either of those two episodes were alike.

The "HIV Positive" gag cracked me up every time, but other than that the episode wasn't that great IMO.

I was kinda mad they made fun of jimmy buffett I like him.

I think the most subtle gag was running right through out the whole episode, as soon as i heard cartman had HIV, i KNEW a philadelphia reference was coming. and there it was. classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Remyo
    Why does that make you mad? They literally make fun of everyone. I think they've run out of celebs to make fun of and are switching into the music world.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolin
    Quote Originally Posted by Remyo
    Why does that make you mad? They literally make fun of everyone. I think they've run out of celebs to make fun of and are switching into the music world.
    I didn't say I MAD GRAAAGHHH I HATE THIS SHOW NOW RAAARRRR, just a little meh that wasn't funny. Isn't the first time they made fun of something I like.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Butters kissing Cartman was the highlight of the show imo heh.