Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What do you think?

Since a few days have gone by I was wondering what everyone thinks about the update thus far.

I skimmed through a lot of the threads and it seems that the overall feelings range from:

SE sucks- SE is ok, but not awsome.

From my own playing around on my jobs Bst update is meh to ok depending on situation and Blue update is meh,with one spell looking slightly hopefull, nin get sneak so thats still meh but better then using oils...

Also from what I read the whole haste cap thing has seemed to ruffle a few feathers.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: What Do you think?

Wings of the Suck

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I love it, If only for what they did for SCH/SMN/SAM.

SMN got a Ninja'd Boost where their Bloodpacts (and i think SCH's AoE abilities) now hit everyone with Campaign Tags above their head (including Friendly NPC's), This right here, made me EXTREMELY HAPPY, i can cap my Enhancing Exp just by using Earthern Ward in the group of 17~ People/NPCs fighting the single NM.

SAM got the TP love Move, i can see being useful for situations where they're doing Light w/o 2hour. (get 100% TP, Meditate/New JA > WS > Attack > WS however you do it :O).

NIN and their Sneak Ninjutsu is still an extremeluy nice update despite the "meh" people are giving it.

SCH Just got a complete overhaul, its like a whole new job, and it delivers... it delivers good.

The New NMs/Strongholds are the best time ive had Adventuring in a long while. We took out Ashmaker Gotblut, Skog Fru, Le vaule(Tiger thing?) and a few other NMs... its fun exploring the beastmen strongholds.
    There are imps in Davoi Area (Le Valeu >_>?), they are i think DC?T? to 75, not alot of them there though. can be dealt with from Sidewinder > Barrage > Sidewinder, or even just a single sidewinder and a few arrows lol.

Aaaahh, the only thing i hated was the NPC Nerf, they made them Retartedly weak, and useless. But apparently SE Increased their HP again in this patch, goot to hear. im happy.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

from my SCH viewpoint the update is great, the campaign update is alos very good.

The added items are nice and the spells are okish

update is ok for me so far

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I wouldn't even relate these updates for most jobs to wotg. aside from a few jobs SE updated gameplay more then added content to wotg. SE added Beastmen strongholds and some NMs, I consider AF etc for SCH and DNC as gameplay related and not directly related to wotg. I for one am still waiting for the Wotg content. However if some crazy sick merit camp or the like is found in the new areas then I would reconsider, until then I consider this more of an "oh shit this should of been packaged with wotg release" not "Hey lets make the wotg expansion greater then it is already."

Well go go Brawl goodness!

*waits for age of connan beta acceptance*

But it is nice to see that SCH has gotten the attention it needed.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru
    ... nin get sneak so thats still meh but better then using oils...
    I love the fact that I'll save asston of gil on snk now, but at the same time i feel bad for the Alchemists... but not that bad

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

A good update need "fix", but it also need new content. Considering I was done with all new content in less than 24 hours, minus a few campains Ops that wont appears, I wouldnt call this update great. The fix are there, but it's only one half of what an update should be.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'd say more like 30% of an update 20% of that being Sch.
    You can't call nerfs "fixs/updates" at least imo, and the wotg shit should of been with release.
    Wotg release was half assed so they get no credit for any wotg related content.

Haven't checked Beadeaux, but I see major merit potential in the upper floors of Castle O. [S].

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I thought the update was good. SE made the Drk Zerg a little more exclusive again. No more Cheap zerging. The capability is still there. I do however feel kinda bad for Relic Zergers though.

The New Abilities are kinda confusing. Even though I am a sam and enjoy the new Mini-Meikyo, it just seemed kinda out of place. but if they can give PLD a Reduced Emnity Invicible every 5 min, why not. As I said in another thread, what's next? A mini Perfect Dodge? 50% attack Spead reduction for MNK every 5 min? Tactical minjins? Meh. Go go Quad light Skillchains!

Drk Spells are nice, seemed like most peopel "lol"ing forgot it's a Debuff too. Ab-Acc + Ab-Dex + Ab-Agi = Better soloing.

New NM's are always good.

The Campaign Adjustments are vexing. A lot seems like it's broken: 5 min campaign in pashow where nothing shows up, entire batalions of taru going from 100% health to 0% for no reason in Castle O seems odd... It's almost like the nation NPCs only had 30 HP, and any AoE would kill them all. And the Times seem horribley short now, with longer delays.

Adding more possible Merit spots is nice, but it looks like the repop timers are all 16 min standard, so it doesn't look too viable.

No New gear from Campaign guards.... (Yes I know some was added but it's all shit)

Thief's Collaborator is neat, and very useful in salvage and duo'ing.

Retaliation seemed to not proc very often for me, other people seem to get a 25% - 505 rate, I am lucky if it activates once a fight.

But all and all, it just seemed bland. Nothing impressive like the addition of Salvage or assaults, or Salvage gear/assault gear(the stuff you appraise, not the shit you buy). I can see a lot of potential however.

Not Displeased at all. Just not impressed either.

What I was hoping for:

More missions
    Allied Note gear thet cost, and was worth 100,000 - 200,000 AN.
    New HNM.
    The 'other' wyrms (Wind, Light, Water Lightning)
    Something to revive crafting accross the board.
    Increased rewards for campaign.

What I was suprised to see:

Octopus Sushi (Tako): Favorate sushi in real life, hope it has amazing stats!
    Pizza: I had asked for this in an ancient thread on Allah back in my more ignorant youth.
    Cheese sandwiches: inside joke, made me laugh.
    Poison Taster's cape: sure the pinacle of situational, but exceptionally useful because said "situation" happens so often.
    Pup WS's: totally wasn't expecting this.
    Sneak Ninjitsu: I thought this would go the way of the dodo, never thought SE would actually make this happen.
    Level restrictions on Mining: lol

SO all and all, I liked the update, I had high somewhat unreasonable expectations, but over all I am pretty happy with he way the game is growing. Most of my frustrations are mostly due to game input and control issues, the Cure's "Added effect Terror" removal helped a lot, but there's still a lot of work to do on those little things.

Wall o' Text, enjoy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Below is the list of version update information that was missing from the Mar. 10, 2008 version update information.

The following changes have been made that affect PCs that are using pets and have "Allied Tags":
    - Pets will now be affected by area of effect attacks from monsters during the campaign battles.
    - Monsters will now target pets during the campaign battles.

We apologize for the late notification and for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    I think this is one of the biggest points of contention for most people that play pet jobs. This was just posted, btw.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What are the stats on the new sushis?

The 'other' wyrms (Wind, Light, Water Lightning)
    Fafhogg= Wind

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I think there is a problem in that many FFXI users seem to think that high expectations are akin to getting fixes which need to be implemented and tweaks to make the game better.
    The change to Sch as I read through some of the stuff is something which I can actually say SE did a good job on. This is the standard which SE should be held to. People should say way to go more often then wtf when an update comes out.
    Swapping high expectations for low expectations is not something I'm willing to do.

Now don't get me wrong this update did fix some things but theres loads more that could of been done. I'm still waiting for the Bst update and Blu update, I reject this update in relation to those jobs. On a side note was the whole counter(war) thing suppose to be SE's way of making war our new tank?

Recap as far: Sch being super duper happy and Drk wanting to /wrist more then they already do.

Sch= Yippy
    Smn= :D
    Sam=
    Other jobs = -
    Bst, Blu, & *Nin = (where is the real update)
    Drk= :D Abs acc but then turn around and due to whole haste thing.
    (special category) Pet Jobs= when it comes to campaing.
    *yes nin cus sneak is so minor and does not affect gameplay unless your super poor/ are hurting for inventory.

Also wtf pet job nerf for campaing mother fuckers!

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fafnir is not the wyrm of air despite the hurricane refrences...

Thats like saying Vrtra is the wind-based wyrm because she has a move called Cyclone Wing. Bahamut has Tempest Wing iirc as well.

Fafnir/Nidhogg are a part of the wyrm family but they are strictly generics, they dont cast spells and they dont have signature moves.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

not to QQ or anything just my honest opinion but I thought the update overall was crap, no one even does the beastmen stronghold campaigns on my server, they already fail just 2days after the patch. I waited 1hr during jp primetime for people to show up(campaign was on there majority of the time), but they stayed in pashhow. I thought stronghold campaign woulda been the most fun thing about the update guess others did not.

Blu spells seem very lame outside of a handy bind spell that but even then I will still be hard pressed to fit it into my spell set that i've found to work the best for me.

Sch buff's were awesome, even though I didn't level the job I like the fact they addressed some of the key problems with the job everyone was complaining about but was real disappointed that SE admitted they knew why BLM wasent subbing it from the thing elmer posted and still chose to ignore stoneskin/blink as a sub.

New NM's are welcomed, some of the drops are ok.

Nice key fixes to campaign that I thought should have been there in the first place.

War counter JA: Was not impressed at all with it when i took my war to an arrapago salvage run, I used the JA a lot until i had a subjob/magic, I just wasent impressed at all with this.

I do not think this was worth the 4month wait.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I want to see some damn Behemoths walking around ronfaure when beastmen attack! FFXI opening movie was so cool!

On a side note:

Any one have those lyrics for the spongebob(Fafnir/nidhog) song? < much more important then element of wyrms!

I didn't think it was worth the 4 month wait.
    its longer because I consider this to be the true release for wotg and not that sham SE tried to pull 4 months ago.
    Those who want to argue wotg release was the shit can just bite me.

Had SE released this 4 months ago people could have still complained, them doing it now makes it to me meh. SE fix Bst endgame as in make it possible for Bst to perform in some cpacity in an endgame situation with out having to have 12+ pet job buddies, then we can talk. Fix Asuran Claw(blu spell for those not in the know) for the MP cost the thing should be doing 1k damage on shit it is strong to, not sure if it is really slashing or not. Give us the third tank job if only for merit/ non HNM content. Give Blm SS/Blink or /Sch able to use SS/Blink... Blms are crying, crying! Fix haste cap, fix it not nerf it more put it back to the way it was! and the list goes on and on.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why do BLUs need an update again? We are a premier merit job, we can do insane damage with SA and Cannonball (even moreso with AL), and have access to powerful healing and attack magics. The only thing we could use is relic at this point. Anything else would be fluff.

Also, SE never said they were going to give SS and Blink to SCH. They said they were thinking of adding an incentive for BLMs to want to sub it. Sublimation and increased charges/recast time are just that.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Why do BLUs need an update again? We are a premier merit job, we can do insane damage with SA and Cannonball (even moreso with AL), and have access to powerful healing and attack magics. The only thing we could use is relic at this point. Anything else would be fluff.

Also, SE never said they were going to give SS and Blink to SCH. They said they were thinking of adding an incentive for BLMs to want to sub it. Sublimation and increased charges/recast time are just that.
    I think its more the collective fact that everyone expected a spell called Asuran Claws to be made of fucking win boasting 6hits. Perhaps the spell is bugged but it doesnt seem so seeing as it is only 2set points. An adjustment to MP values on the largely useless magical spells would have been nice. But your right, at this point BLU is one of the better jobs in terms of being 'balanced'.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Quote Originally Posted by Toth

I think its more the collective fact that everyone expected a spell called Asuran Claws to be made of fucking win boasting 6hits. Perhaps the spell is bugged but it doesnt seem so seeing as it is only 2set points. An adjustment to MP values on the largely useless magical spells would have been nice. But your right, at this point BLU is one of the better jobs in terms of being 'balanced'.
    I have to agree, however I look at this update from a blu perspective as getting a pair of socks for christmas when you open a huge box with ribbons and all the bells and bullshit that could go with it. It can also be argued that Blu is not so balanced when it comes to endgame as other jobs are. Blu is no Drk or Blm or Smn or Tank or DD(melee) when it comes to a lot of endgame situations, yeah I know for some shit Blu is good blah blah. Once you hit 75 most other shit Blu is "Balanced" at is pointless. I however will forgive SE if Blu's new bind is capable of landing reliably on HNMs/Gods.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast