Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

New past Version Update questions

Continue from this Thread
    Any post not going by the rules will be deleted.

Same rules for this Thread:
    Rule 1 : No stupid questions. (I should not have to explain what exactly stupid questions are.
    NEW Rule 2 : Maximum 3 questions. Maximum 2 pictures.
    Rule 3 : No flaming, no derailing. (Yes, you know what I mean, if you don´t like the questions of someone else, ignore them, leave him/her alone and just post YOUR questions)
    Rule 4 : No jokes about Square Enix employees. (You know what I mean, no Ferrari red stuff, no Sage Sundi jokes, no xyz sucks stuff, this includes any kind of pictures as jokes)
    Rule 5 : Use this layout*
    NEW Rule 6 : If you posted a question in the previous Thread that is locked in this section, do NOT post the question again in this Thread right here. The only thing it will do is giving me more work and therefore delaying the Interview from my side.

[code:3u6ehf0u] Question 1
    [/code]
    -->
    Question 1
    [color=blue:3u6ehf0u]Do you have any planned features for the Windowed mode?[/color]

The last Thread I asked for ideas/questions is HERE.
    The Last Interview is HERE.

If you want to continue to be able to ask questions put together by the BG Community, try to keep this Thread clean.

I still need a final responds from SE for the Interview. I got the yes, just not when yet.

Have fun,
    Bercus

PS: This Thread will be closed in around 3 days. Only questions posted in the old Thread or this Thread will/might be going to the Interview. I will try to send all questions and suggestions though to SE.

Question: Can someone do a DETAILED list like THIS?
    Trust me when I say, that stuff like this was a reason a lot of things have changed.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: New past Version Update questions

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    Question: Can someone do a DETAILED list like THIS?
    Trust me when I say, that stuff like this was a reason a lot of things have changed.
    I'm working on one now, it won't be perfect, but it should be a good starting point and I can adjust it as requested.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Good layout is a plus. Making it easy to read.
    Maybe can also add later what was fixed, adjusted that we are happy about.

Reading through all questions and sorting them into categories is already a shitload of work,
    so I can´t do everything.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I posted what I have so far so you can see the layout. I'm still on Page 2 of questions though D:

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Question 1:
    With the appearance of Lehko Habhoka, are you leading to the exploration of the Mithra home land?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Question 1
    Can we have some details please about the different teams working on the game right now. I'd especially like to know how the development's team is scattered between ppl creating new stuff, ppl arranging/tweaking existing game mechanics ; and how does it balance with ppl in charge of communication / feed back from the community.

Maybe an history about the past work of the teams would be good. For example, iirc the RoZ team was the one working on Toau. Was the CoP team the one behind WotG ?

"One of them likes to collect armor" isn't really cutting it, in term of information

Aldaris

Question 1
    Is there any though or plan of making the summoners avatar or our yet to be seen new avatars a bit more flexible with Blood pact Rage/Wards??

Example BP Rage. A good damage BP with an effect that another job can’t simply cast a spell for the same effect. (Slow and Haste etc.)

Example BP Ward. A way to Cross alliance buff for all 18 members. (Earthen Ward.)

Question 2
    My party moves all over the place! I can't hit them with Blood pact ward, is there any thought in the furture to increase the area of effect for Ward effects?

Thank you.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Question 1

Will players ever be able to see the status of food items without having to use them? This would solve the issue of half the food items not being desired simply because many people do not know the statuses of most of the food bonuses in the game.

Question 2

Many of the old HNMs have been abandoned and all but forgotten, will there ever be new incentive to kill many of the 'lost' HNMs?

Ex: Gulool/Hydra/Jorm/Gurfurlur/Medusa etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Alright I got the final ok. So now rush rush rush with the work and I will superspeedup on Monday too.
    I am still missing some nice pictures similar to those we had in the past. Where is the motivation? .

Question 1

Are there any plans to adjust monster stats, monster base damage, or player VIT/Def calculations to allow blood-tanking to compete more with Utsusemi and facilitate the ability to tank effectively on more jobs?

Question 2

Are there any plans to update older content such as the Expeditiary Force and Garrison with more/better rewards to make them more enticing?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Probably selfish questions, but here goes
    Question 1
    Looking at the version update, most jobs got new goodies, but again, monk was excluded(I don't think pld got anything either this time around). How come monk is, with the exception of group 2 merits, which everyone got(except our 2 new jobs), left out of every version update? Many people may consider the job "complete", but with the recent adjustments to 2-hander jobs, many would say monk is no longer the king of merit parties and as we all know, with the exception of salvage, monk is very little desired in endgame. To sum it all up, is monk a dead job to you that will be left the way it is?

Question 2

An issue wherein the effect of a successful use of the “Provoke” ability during a Conflict match was not being properly displayed has been addressed.
    This pretty much indicates that you've at least been looking at PvP. If so, you should be aware that it is nearly dead on many servers, while being completely dead on others. Is there a plan to increase desire for PvP (Add a few new things to make it more appealing like more xp at the end of the match or armor that you can buy with ballista points) or at least a plan to help pvp for those who still do enjoy it?(For example at the character selection screen you could choose ballista and it would take you to some sort of server just for ballista with restrictions on trading, for obvious reasons, and only a handful of zones to do ballista in)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Question 1
    The development team has said in the past that they want to give the players different options to use other sub jobs then only the norm. Do you have any plans to add Stoneskin and Erase or at least Stoneskin to Sch pre-37? Secondly why is it if you are trying to encourage players to use Dnc as a subjob you decreased the power of waltzes when subbed?

Question 2
    Utsesumi tanking seems to be the only way to possibly control hate and successfully take little damage. Shell provides a straight reduction in magical damage and yet protect only adds defense which does very little to reduce damage taken. If you want players to use sub jobs other than Nin why would you not increase the effectiveness of defense or change spells and abilities such as protect, minne, and defense bonus to actually provide a percentage physical down? Also as it stands right now the cap for physical damage reduction is 50% yet utsesumi can easily block 50-100% physical and magic damage isn't this unbalanced?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Question 1
    Why was this listed as a "known issue" that needs correcting? Shouldn't this be a feature?
    - Dancer's job ability "Samba" is effective to the player's pet.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Question 1
    With the new "DRK nerf" I wanted to get something cleared out. This is very old but not discussed alot. The "Bloody bolts" are able to drain 70+ HP eventho the hit caused 30 damage, the chat log says:
    Ranged Attack hits for 30 damage.
    Additional effect: 70 HP drained.
    Leading me to think that the total damage is 30+70 damage (Drain Sama works the same way?). However, the Dark Knight 2hour "Blood Weapon" which also has the same chat log message does not deal extra damage.
    Attack hits for 200 damage
    Additional effect:200 HP drained.
    The total damage is 200, not 200+200. Why does the damage "stack" on 'Bloody Bolts' and have the same message displayed as the Dark Knight 2hour which does not "stack"?

Question 2
    Can you allow "Soul reflectors" to be used in combination with Beastmaster "Call Beast" Ability?

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

delete

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Question 1
    What about updating BCNMs to give them different lv caps available like assaults ?
    Even without changing the rewards, it would allow the players to be able to do all these BCNMs they never do or did, for fun or any other reason, simply because it would be simple and fast to find partners.
    Yes, changing the level cap would unlock some abilities that might make a battle really easy ( ex : sleepga), but would also make some others battles way harder ( Nin 75 wouldn't be able anymore to trio under observation).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Question 1:

Will there be changes to allow you to buy items from past nations without being signed up to that nation.

Example: A Bastokian member cant currently buy an Iron Ram Sallet, 40,000 AN item.
    Possible resolution: Other nations pay twice the AN cost.

Archimond
    SapereAude
    Garuda

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Question 1
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE THE MUSIC CHANGE A TOGGLE ON/OFF?

I as a mage can not stand the music change, I do not want to hear the repetetive battle music, it is very very very very very boring, and the music of the zone is much more interesting. Can we please have this as an on/off feature for the people who want it? Most of the people I have spoken to do not like this update and have now turned off their music in FFXI. Me included.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Question 1

Dragoon is one of the few melee class jobs that gains a powerful and unique advantage from having a mage class subjob. Although Dragoon has access to a lot of very nice MP boosting gear, they have scant few options when it comes to MP restoration (Refresh). This is especially true in Conquest areas where Sanction/Sigil Refresh is not an option. Are there any plans to support or encourage the use of mage class subjobs for Dragoon via any new abilities (i.e. Lancet), equipment (akin to Parade Gorget), or Signet adjustments?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Question 2
    Are there any plans to merge signet, sanction and sigil in a single seal with all the options available ?
    If not, why ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast