FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Compiled List of Questions/Issues

Security/Support Related:

* Addition of a censor to the POL ID on POL Viewer during log in.
    * More preventative measures.
    -Why did it take a considerably long amount of time for the Square-Enix support team to assist players that had their accounts stolen starting in December?
    -What steps are being put into place to protect players so they don't lose their characters and valueable gear in the future?
    +When currently logged in and someone else tries to log in from another location, rather than disconnect the logged in player, the logged in player stays logged in and receives a message stating someone tried to log in to their account.
    +Whenever someone does try to log in from another location while an account is logged in, a flag should be sent to the GMs/STF as a precaution along with a follow-up with the player.
    Might be a small point to add but a possible solution to the compromised account problem is a change on PoL so that the membership section (for PoL password changing membership info etc) would require a SEPERATE PASSWORD and/or the original reg codes used to create the PoL account. This would at the very least if the account got compromised prevent the kind of crap of Gilhackers locking ppl out of their accounts by changing address/cc info. While the account might be possibly hacked into they wouldnt be able to actually lock out the real owner who could at the very least if he got hacked log onto the account on a console and change the Account password.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall
    Quote Originally Posted by seyton
    would it be possible to ask them about changing/fixing/updating the claim system when soloing an NM on bst? myself, as well as many bst i know, have had the great unpleasure of soloing a hard NM down to low %s by throwing pets at it, then have some very 'rude' people come by and steal the NM when we are swapping pets. everyone knows the BST is probably the best soloer for NMs, and there are tons of people out there that will jump at the chance to take advantage and exploit this bty stealing an NM when the bst charms a new pet to throw at it. there have been many suggestions about how to 'fix' this, as in:
    0 if charm lands, the mob being fought does not unclaim, if charm fails, fair game
    0 having hate and the amount of hate it would take to get the mob to switch targets be proportional to the amount of damage a player, or pets under his control, does to the mob
    0 extending the length of time that a mob stays claimed by XX amount of time while charming a new pet. charm recast is 15 seconds, so if charm failed, and the mob stayed claimed for 15 or more seconds, that would basically give the player a fair chance to KEEP the NM they are soloing

just a suggestion about an issue nearly the WHOLE bst community has
    Please don't take offense at this, just stating my opinion here...

If you can't kill an NM with your original pet plus a jug pet backup, chances are that this NM is pretty strong. If you were on any other job, would you be able to solo this NM?

I don't mean to hate on BST. It sucks that there are whole regions (plural) with no charmable monsters in them. I really don't think BST is treated fairly. But I don't think this is the answer.

there aren't many NMs that BST can solo that only require one natural pet and one jug for back-up. there are other jobs that can solo NMs without fear of them being stolen, RDM/NIN for one. the big problem for BSTs is that we will put all this time and effort into soloing something, and at 2%, some greedy mofo will come and steal it from us on a pet-swap. Despot is a big one on ramuh with this. GM calls do nothing, and there is basically nothing you can do about it. the answer "just dont solo anything" doesnt cut it, if SE won't do something to change the claim system, then they need to do something along the lines of "grief tactics" or something, send players to GM jail for stealing mobs, as a sign of bad ethics or so.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall
    would it be possible to ask them about changing/fixing/updating the claim system when soloing an NM on bst? myself, as well as many bst i know, have had the great unpleasure of soloing a hard NM down to low %s by throwing pets at it, then have some very 'rude' people come by and steal the NM when we are swapping pets. everyone knows the BST is probably the best soloer for NMs, and there are tons of people out there that will jump at the chance to take advantage and exploit this bty stealing an NM when the bst charms a new pet to throw at it. there have been many suggestions about how to 'fix' this, as in:
    0 if charm lands, the mob being fought does not unclaim, if charm fails, fair game
    0 having hate and the amount of hate it would take to get the mob to switch targets be proportional to the amount of damage a player, or pets under his control, does to the mob
    0 extending the length of time that a mob stays claimed by XX amount of time while charming a new pet. charm recast is 15 seconds, so if charm failed, and the mob stayed claimed for 15 or more seconds, that would basically give the player a fair chance to KEEP the NM they are soloing

just a suggestion about an issue nearly the WHOLE bst community has
    Please don't take offense at this, just stating my opinion here...

If you can't kill an NM with your original pet plus a jug pet backup, chances are that this NM is pretty strong. If you were on any other job, would you be able to solo this NM?

I don't mean to hate on BST. It sucks that there are whole regions (plural) with no charmable monsters in them. I really don't think BST is treated fairly. But I don't think this is the answer.

there aren't many NMs that BST can solo that only require one natural pet and one jug for back-up. there are other jobs that can solo NMs without fear of them being stolen, RDM/NIN for one. the big problem for BSTs is that we will put all this time and effort into soloing something, and at 2%, some greedy mofo will come and steal it from us on a pet-swap. Despot is a big one on ramuh with this. GM calls do nothing, and there is basically nothing you can do about it. the answer "just dont solo anything" doesnt cut it, if SE won't do something to change the claim system, then they need to do something along the lines of "grief tactics" or something, send players to GM jail for stealing mobs, as a sign of bad ethics or so.
    My point is that most jobs cannot solo Despot anyway. BST can't solo it, but for a different reason.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Eredar

I have some suggestions as well. Agree, or not, this is what I feel would improve the FFXI experience for many players and would like them addressed.

General

* Retain TP when firing a weaponskill and the target is LOS or out of range.
    This is just frustrating, you shouldn't lose TP if you don't perform an action. Think about kited mobs here, it sucks so bad when you misfire and lose precious TP and the time spent gaining it.

* No EXP loss up on death.
    No one should be penalized for dying with a HP pool around 1200 or less, you die far too often and XP'ing is a constant grind. Some of you may disagree, but from a guy who has countless sac-pulls under his belt, I got sick and tired of trying to stay capped. I could have had sooo many merits instead. But no, I need a EXP buffer to maintain, across multiple jobs for others, I'm sure. -_-

* Characters will now regenerate HP and MP while idle.
    Maybe slowly, but still some regeneration after a period of time outside of combat.

* New quests are available for solo-minded players granting EXP and Gil rewards.
    Not everyone has time to group and this might help build a larger player base if they looked into this

* AF2 added to all new jobs.PLEASE!

* Dynamis instances fixed so that multiple instances of the same Dynamis zone maybe be entered. Alliances will be tagged with a specific Dynamis ID to counter re-entering a dynamis with another group.
    Would eliminate all the scheduling conflicts and groups who steal zones.

* Chocobos whistles can be purchased from a vendor and comes with unlimited charges and can be summoned in any non-dungeon area.
    You have a mount, you should be able to use it at will.

* Limit points will no longer be lost upon deduction, instead remaining in a pool of total merits earned. This process, however, will cost a specific amount of gil per deduction.
    It's not fair to lose hours of XP because you need to recalibrate your character. The gil cost is a small price to pay for this luxury and would deter people from making this a habit

* Spells and actions can now be interrupted with 'ESC' and will stop immediately removing the continuing animation one would normally get after cancellations.
    It's obnoxious waiting for this canceled effect to wear off and allow you to cast another spell, perhaps it would save a tank. If they can fix Cure-locking, they should attempt this.

* You no longer must be "engaged" to use a Weapon Skill or Ability much like how spells are free targeted.
    Mages don't have to engage, why should melee?

* Gear currently equipped will no longer count against your current inventory.
    Inventory is a HUGE problem. I would also suggest a quicker way to sort and move items from bag to lockers, etc etc. Oftentimes, classes need multiple sets of gear. If you're wearing an item, it's not in your bag, it's on YOU so why does it count as inventory?

* Characters will no longer experiencing "vanishing" while changing gear.
    This would certainly fix Ballista and the gear changing rules applied to it and would make a lot of healers happy for people who swap gear constantly.

* New attributes visible on character status screen: Accuracy, Magic Accuracy, Evasion, Ranged Attack, Elemental Magic Attack Bonuses, Melee Critical and Spell Critical %.
    Would it kill SE to show SOME information on these stats.

Ranger

* Ranged attacks will now be automated when engaged based on the speed of the ranged weapon.
    Every melee class gets an auto-attack, Rangers shouldn't have to put themselves at greater risk of Carpal Tunnel because you have to spam /ra <t> over and over.

* Quivers and pouches no longer have to be unfolded to use and can stack up to 20.
    Again, to help the ever-present inventory problem

White Mage

* Regen spells now cast instantly.
    Reason being its a HoT, and I don't believe a long-cast should be used here

Black Mage

* Some damage over time spells now cast instantly.
    Same reason as a WHM's HoTs

* Bonus from Magic Burst increased.
    You take time and coordination to set these up, they should do a lot more damage.

* Magic Attack Bonus no longer complete crap.

Thief

* Mug amount drastically increased based on mob level.
    You mug 35 gil from the Yagudo, oh boy I can buy a flask of distilled water from a vendor!

* Flee effects are now instant, the animation continues in stride as the thief flees. After all it's called Flee, not Stop get hit a few times and then flee.
    There were many times during a LONG sac pull or just a *Panic* moment where I hesitated using Flee BECAUSE it makes me stop in my tracks and allows the pursuing mobs a few free shots at me while I watch the fancy animation

* Subtle Blow trait improved for thief to counter rate at which mobs gain TP.
    I just got tired of getting snapped at for feeding mobs TP, and I'm sure most THF's would agree on this

Professions

* A new Recipe List window available listing all known recipes and handy "Craft" and "Craft All" commands given you have the proper Synthesis Materials.
    This is very "WoW-like" but you can pull a fair amount of good ideas from other MMO's. I think the way they have it now is ridiculous, you have NO idea how to make anything unless you look it up online and print out a few dozen pages beforehand.. because you shouldn't be able to alt-tab

Items

* Items will now automatically stack and sort upon obtaining them.
    Kindred Seal is lost! Plus this goes back to inventory problems, often I'll have so much on me that I'm lucky to have free slots to earn seals.

User Interface
    *Customizable Panels, Nameplates and windows.
    On large monitors, that tiny pink and yellow bars for your hp and mp can be hard to read, you're never quite sure if you're topped off or not. Why is the casting bar tucked under the macro pallete in the top left part of the screen? I would love to be able to move my frames around and scale them, color them so I can see my own info and casting. When you're squinting at the lower right of your screen, you may miss a visual cue during an encounter.

* Minimap added to the game and may be repositioned anywhere. Linkshell, Party and Alliance members will be displayed on both Minimap and Map screen real-time.
    Maybe then you won't get too lost in Sea, Sky, SSG, etc. Probably a luxury.. but it'd be nice. You could just have the "radar" mod get spruced up a bit to include a minimap.

* Chat and combat logs will now be on separate windows.
    You have to watch this log like a HAWK to catch debuffs/buffs wearing off. Separating chat and combat would make this a bit easier.

* Debuffs and Dots on mobs will now be displayed above the Mob Target window including durations.
    Keeps you having to scan the chatlog to see if X effect has worn off, plus it might save you mana from casting a DoT or Debuff that has already been applied.

* Buffs and debuffs for all PC's will be displayed.
    Haste plz, Refresh plz, Poisona plz, wouldn't it be nice not to hear this every time they're needed? Instead you can see what's going on and who needs what buff or cure. You should be able to filter what buffs/debuffs you want to see and this goes back to the party frame being customizable.

* New panel for Gear Swaps will allow players to create and save sets of gear, accessible by macros or /gearswap command. You may use /gearswap 1 or create a named alias(IE /gearswap <aliasname>)Stores up to 50 gear sets!.
    FFXI has HEAVY focus on gear swapping, you would think they'd have a better way to manage your gear sets. Maybe then people wouldn't have to rely on Windower Macros so much.

I know you won't agree with all of these, some might be seen as a *stretch*, but I picked the ones that were more realistic. It'd improve the game in my opinion, take it or leave it. :D

**Bumhats! Just realized you sent off the compiled questions already, oh well. Maybe next "expansion".

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Adjustment of Blue Mage Physical Spells to factor in Main Hand Weapon.
    -Players feel that the damage rating of their weapon should be factored into spell damage.
    Could you change this one please?

Adjustment of Blue Mage Physical Spells to factor in Main Hand Weapon's Attack.
    -Players feel that the attack rating of their weapon should be factored into spell damage.

That would be a much better fix and is what most BLUs have been asking for. (yes, there is a difference between this and the original...)

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    Adjustment of Blue Mage Physical Spells to factor in Main Hand Weapon.
    -Players feel that the damage rating of their weapon should be factored into spell damage.
    Could you change this one please?

Adjustment of Blue Mage Physical Spells to factor in Main Hand Weapon's Attack.
    -Players feel that the attack rating of their weapon should be factored into spell damage.

That would be a much better fix and is what most BLUs have been asking for. (yes, there is a difference between this and the original...)
    I changed it, but I don't think it matters since I'm pretty sure Bercus said he already sent in the list.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Damn. I wonder how they'll interpret that!

A. Body
    BG Level

Frankly, I believe it's a horrible idea. If it applied to /BLU, any job with an A-rank weapon would have full power, maybe even superior, physicals* (only up to 37, but still.) If it's limited to BLU, it's totally unnecessary, since they could just as easily fix the BLU skill att mods, which would save adding an entirely new calculation. Even applying weapon DMG is ridiculous, because the D from skill is higher than any weapon we can wield.

I know, this isn't discussion, but I had to say it.

*Don't give me that "we'll always have the higher spells which will always be better" crap, /BLU is powerful enough as it is and I don't need to see some jack off DRK doing a better bludgeon that me.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Having it be a factor in the calculation doesn't mean it'll add all of your attack to the spell, it being a factor means it'll be a factor.

Even so, what BLU spell that's 37 or below would do good enough damage to care about even if a job with higher attack was able to cast it at full strength?
    Bludgeon? Do you even use that at 75? I hope not.

A. Body
    BG Level

Why the hell wouldn't I? It consistantly does great damage for the MP spent (i.e. 25-50% of the damage of the big 3 for 20-30% of the MP.), and it's good for those moments when you're low on MP and want something to spam along with Head Butt. Not like I'd use it on HNM or anything ;/

Anyway, the point is there are simpler ways of dealing with it than giving uneeded/unintentional buffs, no matter how small, to other jobs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Frankly, I believe it's a horrible idea. If it applied to /BLU, any job with an A-rank weapon would have full power, maybe even superior, physicals* (only up to 37, but still.) If it's limited to BLU, it's totally unnecessary, since they could just as easily fix the BLU skill att mods, which would save adding an entirely new calculation. Even applying weapon DMG is ridiculous, because the D from skill is higher than any weapon we can wield.

I know, this isn't discussion, but I had to say it.

*Don't give me that "we'll always have the higher spells which will always be better" crap, /BLU is powerful enough as it is and I don't need to see some jack off DRK doing a better bludgeon that me.
    Glad someone said it. <_<

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hello Friends

Please forgive me if this question has been added or has been answered already, I asked it because after doing multiple searches and reading just about every SE response posted on Treasure Hunter and I still find no conclusive answer to it. Here is the simple question that can help the entire thief community feel completely relaxed forever.

Does Treasure Hunter work the same way if the Thief equips Thief's Knife on the off hand?

I have always wondered if I could use my Blau Dolch in main hand while using Thief's Knife in off hand or even better yet...if I can use it at the start of the fight and simply after one hit remove it all together and use Blau + sirroco combo without it affecting the treasure hunter when the mob dies.

TIA
    Soldier

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier
    Hello Friends

Please forgive me if this question has been added or has been answered already, I asked it because after doing multiple searches and reading just about every SE response posted on Treasure Hunter and I still find no conclusive answer to it. Here is the simple question that can help the entire thief community feel completely relaxed forever.

Does Treasure Hunter work the same way if the Thief equips Thief's Knife on the off hand?

I have always wondered if I could use my Blau Dolch in main hand while using Thief's Knife in off hand or even better yet...if I can use it at the start of the fight and simply after one hit remove it all together and use Blau + sirroco combo without it affecting the treasure hunter when the mob dies.

TIA
    Soldier
    Does your attack rating or stats go up when you equip an item in the offhand with said bonuses?
    Do additional effects proc on offhand weapons?

yes.... equipping TK in main or sub generates the same effect. You have equiped the item therefore gain whatever effect the item bestows. I believe the locked weapons are an exception with the crit+ being only on that weapon; if TK behaved similiar then just have to wait for the offhand to strike before swapping.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Late request: please ask why Teleport-olduum isn't in the game?

Old Merits
    BG Level

No questions can be asked anymore.... not for the next weeks. Probably not by us till August .
    Sorry.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Why the hell wouldn't I?
    30TP to the damn mob for minimal damage when you could be gaining TP yourself, waste of set points at 75 as well.

I'd rather have:
    Attack Bonus
    Accuracy Bonus
    Conserve MP
    Auto-Refresh

While being able to haste myself, drain MP from the mob and cure if I need to. An extra sleep for good measure wouldn't hurt either.
    (and when I don't have Refueling on, Heat Breath usually takes it's place for the STR)

If I have the spells set to do all that at once, I don't have room for Bludgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives
    clever guess: For the same reason there is no Teleport-Tavnazia in the game.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    Dont really need Teleport-Olduum (though it would be nice)
    If your HP is set in your home nation or currently in home nation:
    300 gil -> Whitegate
    Fluctuating gil -> Outposts
    Airship -> Jeuno

If your HP is set in Whitegate or currently in Whitegate:
    Silver coin -> Home nation / Jeuno
    Runic Portal -> many many places

If you have access to sea:
    Teleport Holla,Dem,Mea + 4 zone transitions -> Tavnazia

All these combined does enable one to get around somewhat quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanyoko
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    Dont really need Teleport-Olduum (though it would be nice)
    If your HP is set in your home nation or currently in home nation:
    300 gil -> Whitegate
    Fluctuating gil -> Outposts
    Airship -> Jeuno

If your HP is set in Whitegate or currently in Whitegate:
    Silver coin -> Home nation / Jeuno
    Runic Portal -> many many places

If you have access to sea:
    Teleport Holla,Dem,Mea + 4 zone transitions -> Tavnazia

All these combined does enable one to get around somewhat quickly.
    Exactly. You can also add the two Teleport Rings (Tavnazian, Olduum) and the Tavnazian outpost here. And the rings are the main reason why they won't add a teleport to that places. Everyone can quest them and they have unlimited charges.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    Why the hell wouldn't I?
    30TP to the damn mob for minimal damage when you could be gaining TP yourself, waste of set points at 75 as well.

I'd rather have:
    Attack Bonus
    Accuracy Bonus
    Conserve MP
    Auto-Refresh

While being able to haste myself, drain MP from the mob and cure if I need to. An extra sleep for good measure wouldn't hurt either.
    (and when I don't have Refueling on, Heat Breath usually takes it's place for the STR)

If I have the spells set to do all that at once, I don't have room for Bludgeon.
    Which is odd, since I do. All the good traits and all the good spells and I seem to fit in one of the faster and more MP efficient (except for Attack bonus of course, lolMelee damage, the spells that add it take up more points than they're worth, and I can get better bonuses from gear). Also, BLU is a TP giving machine, talking about the inefficiency in this area is about as strong an argument as saying BLM has shitty WS damage. In any case where TP to the mob is actually important, you wouldn't be using any multi-hits, so the point is rather moot...no wait, I mean asinine. Yea, that's the one. BLU spells can only be judged on DMG to MP efficiency, and compared to Frenetic Rip, which is also 3 hits (30TP given), it's actually more efficient. My Average with Bludgeon is 180 on campagin mobs, my average with F-rip is around 500. Bludgeon is 16 MP, F-Rip is 61. Compare this to Hysteric and Diss, which average 600 & 700, respectively, and you can see you easily get more damage out of Bludgeon for the MP spent, especially with it having less than half the recast of the Big-3.

MP efficiency is very important in the long slogs of battle when you'll be more useful standing than resting. A good MP Drainkiss will only net you 100-180 MP, and spamming your high-damage spells will eat through this very quickly. Small-time spells like bludgeon and Headbutt have their MP refreshed relatively quickly and will bridge the gap of time between your next Drainkiss, while consuming very little of your reserve, until you have enough of a stock to use another more expensive spell. It's even more important when you're soloing a mob, since it's going to be a long fight anyway, you have to bank on the long term (though starting with diss here is an exception, due to the powerful poison).

I'm sorry for the lengthy post in what's supposed to be a suggestion topic, but I didn't think I would have to teach someone how to be a Blue Mage.