Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Nyzul Isle questions against but boss this time

Ok my group gonna do floor 60 boss for the first time friday and i need info about these. I need to tell you i never fought Khimaira and Cerberus ever so don't tell me act like when you fight time. As for hydra i got some practice on the normal one but i won't mind more help on it

The SP i got is

MNK/NIN (can be a SAM or a PLD)
    BlU/NIN can /thf and can be a DRK if needed
    BRD/WHM (can be PLD too and THF soon (63 atm)
    BLM/WHM (can be DRG too)
    RDM/WHM (can be blu or BLM)
    NIN/WAR (can be a SAM)

Thanks for the help ^^

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Re: Nyzul Isle questions against but boss this time

The ToAU HNMs in 60/80 floors are pretty simple. Khimaira is like a Teddy Bear. I would recommend a WHM for these floors just because of Khimaira's Petrify.

If you plan on having the Monk tank, I suggest having him buy a Body Boost and Fanatic's Drink in the chest beforehand (All melee should grab some kind of boosts to speed through the fight).

They won't use their dangerous attacks (Fulmination/Gates of Hades/Nerve Gas(?)), so don't need to worry about stun. Fight Hydra the way you normally do, for Cerberus, make sure the mages are outside of about 20 distance (sorry if you don't have distance plugin, but it's a trial by error if you don't) of Cerberus to avoid his Ulutation (Paralyzga).

Like I said, Khimaira is pretty simple. Tourbillion is the only dangerous attack that you will really encounter, but once his wings are taken down, he won't use it (Supposedly Critical Hits bring it down, and I believe this to be fact). His Defense and HP is also really weak.

Going to REALLY want a BRD for these bosses from here on out. We went without a BRD and it's just so much harder. Elegy is a life saver, as well as ballads of course for your mages that will probably be spamming depending on your tank.

A War/Nin can easily tank these, and a Ninja is even better. I wouldn't recommend bringing a PLD, it's no different than bringing a ninja or an even better DD tank (war/nin, mnk/nin...). DRG is pretty good, Angon is a big advantage. If properly equipped, they can really lay down some damage (not bias I swear!).

BLM is pretty decent, but I don't think they are as useful as they used to be on bosses at 20/40. We swapped our BLM out for another DD or THF. A properly equipped BLU (i.e. doesn't melee in full AF and etc etc) can definitely help with floor 60/80 bosses. There are "better" DD's that would apply (i.e. backup tanks, anyone that is melee needs to be able to back-up tank).

Uhh That's all I can think of for now. You can find a lot of other information in this section.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fanatic's Drink is required for all boss floors. 3 DD, THF for TH, BRD, healer is all you need. I open with ES Slow, BRD tosses Elegy on, and it just falls over and dies.

Hydra - Nothing special.. phys shield is annoying.

Khimaira - Pull it into a corner so Tourb doesn't send you flying.

Cerberus - Mages stay out of para range.

the items that you can "buy" w/ pts at the beginning are really the key to beating the boss floors w/ pretty much any set up.

imho- the only job that you should try and make sure that you have in the pty for bosses is Thf.

As long as you have a tank that can last 30-90 seconds- some kind of healing (either via whm or the drinks outta the box that gets rid of status effects)- and a good amount of DD- you'll be fine.

Overall- they arn't difficult.

The thing about Nyzul that is difficult- is the clock. Although- sometimes SE has it out for u and u get some lame ass floors- but overall any of the obsticles in your path are easily overcome--- provided you have enough time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Change your BLM to a DRG, RDM and BRD are the only mages you need

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Reapz
    Change your BLM to a DRG, RDM and BRD are the only mages you need
    My static's setup is usually WAR WAR SAM THF RDM BLM, and the BLM is a great assistance when 5x Puddings roll around on an "eliminate specified enemies" floor. Body Boost, Mana Boost, Cleric's Drink, and Fanatic's Drink are the major keys to a successful boss run.

The jobs available in the poster's static, however, are a little limited. :\ So yeah, try BLM --> DRG. Perhaps you'll see better results.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cleric's Drinks are nice to have as well. I usually buy them regardless. (godsend against Caprcious Cassie on a kill all) But I mostly save them for petrify or as needed on the climb up.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Looking at the jobs you can bring, you may want to think about inviting 1 or 2 more players into your group. A Nyzul group with more than 6 players can have a larger # of jobs to pick from for the bosses. You want a THF for drops and a BRD to make the fight go smoothe, but both jobs seem to be on the same character.

Best advice I can give for the bosses is have all the dd sub nin, and use double march. The bosses are easy, but Hydra can become a problem if he uses physical shield a lot. When Cerberus starts taking 0 damage be sure your group knows to keep WS through that, it's stoneskin, not invincible.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The group I run with does bosses just fine with:

MNK/NIN
    BLU/NIN
    RDM/WHM
    WAR/NIN
    BLM/WHM (double-boxed by me)
    THF59/WHM (double-boxed by the RDM for Treasure Hunter)

, which is almost identical to the setup you have. In your case, your NIN/SAM should bring the job that can best combine maximum damage with survivability.

BRD is hardly required or as absolutely necessary as people make it sound to be in Nyzul; it's nice but you can deal without it. For your first few runs you should take it anyway though just to get an idea of what the bosses are like. When you feel comfortable with it, have the BRD switch to THF since Treasure Hunter does have a noticeable effect on the drop rate of the bosses. Lullaby and Finale are nice (as are Ballads with a Storm Fife), but as long as the BLU is setting Sheep Song or Yawn and Blank Gaze, you will have all of the buff removal and crowd control you need between the BLU and the RDM.

All melee should get a Fanatic's Drink, a Body Boost, and possibly a Dusty Wing if they have a useful weaponskill that does great damage at 300%. Mages should get a Mana Boost and/or a Dusty Elixir. BLM and anyone else not really using their tokens to get access to the floor should consider getting a Cleric's Drink to help remove status. They're all 200 tokens each and worth it if the tokens aren't being spent on anything anyway.

BLM is useful on the floors getting up to the boss, as was previously said, but the bosses are entirely different. Damage isn't bad on Khimaira, but it's a lot worse on Cerberus and just garbage on Hydra. All I really use it for on the non-Khimira boss floors is ES + Slow and Curaga II spam. Sometimes you may get a good spell off on Cerberus, but Hydra...it's common to magic burst for double-digit damage using every element type and an Assassin's Drink.

There's information about the bosses all around if you look for it. Notably:

- Don't attack from behind (Serpentine Tail/Scorching Slash/Plague Swipe)
    - Use your Fanatic's drink when you need it, which can also block damage from certain AoE specials (eg., Trembling, Tourbillion)
    - Pyric Bulwark spam can cause you to lose if you're just unlucky with it
    - The paralyze effect from Cerberus' Ululation isn't that hard to remove
    - Cleric's Drink can remove Petrification from Khimaira's Fossilizing Breath
    - Gnostic's Drink (Pax) can sometimes be better used by a melee if you are tanking by committee

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

thx all for the help ^^

we will see how it goes friday ^^

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just wanted to add that Hydra gets easier if you take off the two side heads. Since this is triggered by crits, we have sometimes taken Champion's drinks to facilitate decapitation.

For Cerb, don't forget to have mages stay >20' back to avoid Ululation. I also tend to carry a few Remedy Ointments just in case I get caught by it in the middle of a song.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Shields are your biggest enemy against the ToAU bosses in Nyzul. Hate gets diminished because they're not dealing damage and still needing cures, and you also lose a lot of time, especially on Hydra. All the other tidbits of boss advice I'd give for what to watch out for have already been mentioned.

On Floor80, I'd say BLM isn't the best choice, unless you just want the bonus damage while progressing up to the boss. Their nukes are not strong enough on the bosses to warrant having them over another multi-purpose mage like SMN or another DD. Having TH is also fantastic for drops.

You do not need a WHM unless you are not comfortable having your RDM main heal, because these bosses attack fast. You can have BRD SJ BLM to land ES elegy and maybe even grab an assassin's drink, because otherwise it's really hard to land (as are RDM enfeebles, even with assassin's drink). But depending on the BRD I'm not too convinced that landing ES elegy would outweigh the ability for them to add support to your party with cures/status. Personally, I have a very support-heavy BRD in my group and she's a lifesaver sometimes. If you're worried about petrify status and stuff, have a few people grab cleric's drinks from the chests and pop em for erase-ga (stona) to remove it. While slightly less annoying than petra on the boss, a Dahak petra on your tank and a melee in a progress floor can really rain on a parade when they're stuck for 5mins petra'd when all you would have needed is a cleric's drink.

Items in the chests are a godsend, as mentioned. They are NOT all as mandatory as people make them out to be (i.e you can't win without 10 fanatic's drinks, a revitalizer, and a can of spinach). BUT that is dependent on your group dynamics with playstyles, gear, experience, etc. If you have the tokens to spare, no real reason not to load up on them whenever you can, especially if you are not used to fighting these HNMs to begin with...and your first several fights with the new bosses I'd recommend loading up on them and slowly learning what you can live without having in order to win. If you have the tokens to spare, no sense in not buying a 200 token item and potentially losing 1200 tokens and a tag as a result on a stupid Hydra that you couldn't knock the heads off of cause of no crit drink and then shielded up for 10 minutes straight ><

Oh, my setup on Floor80 was MNK/NIN (experienced, well-geared tank), BLU/NIN, THF/NIN, BRD/WHM, RDM/WHM, SMN/WHM, all HNM experienced and pretty well-geared. Only jobs we usually switch up in my static are the THF to WAR for progress floors and the SMN to BLM depending on the boss and progress objectives.

Good luck!