Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Retrace - Maintenance Ninja Nerf?

I'm not sure if this is 100% true or not, but earlier today after the maintenace (please forgive me if this has been posted already), a friend of mine that had bought retrace for use on his friends (couldn't quest it because he didn't have wotg installed) tried using retrace on whitegate on some guy that was shouting for it. But when I retrace'd him, it worked fine (I have wotg).

Anyway know if they ninja'd it to make it so that you have to have wotg or something?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Retrace - Maintenance Ninja Nerf?

It is a spell that was introduced in a WoTG update, SE didn't think ahead to make it WoTG content that doesn't nessecarily need the expansion pack to use.

But yes I think they fixed it now so that people without WoTG can use the spell and get the spell to function right, but you have to have WoTG installed and registered to be on the recieving end of it.

Edit: I wasn't very clear.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Retrace - Maintenance Ninja Nerf?

This was in the update notes for yesterday's update that accompanied the emergency maintenance.

- If the expansion disc "Treasures of Aht Urhgan" was not installed, the effect of the magic "Retrace," "Recall-Jugner," "Recall-Pashh," and "Recall-Meriph" would not initiate.
    It's just not very clear whether this was a previous problem that was fixed with the update, or if this is something that was added.