Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

What jobs do you take to the 100th Floor?

My static has been trying to decide what jobs we will take to the top of Nyzul Isle when we tire of farming again.

As far as jobs per player, we have the following:
    1: RDM SMN WAR WHM DRG BLM (Disc holder)
    2: RDM WHM BLM SAM NIN PLD WAR THF (TH3)
    3: MNK WHM NIN WAR THF (TH4)
    4: NIN RNG THF (TH4) (Disc Holder)
    5: MNK BRD WHM BLM
    6: SAM DRK NIN THF (TH3) DRG DNC WAR RDM RNG

Our regular boss set up is: RDM WHM NIN THF SAM MNK. Works fine, no problems.

How much stun do you bring?

Thanks!

New Merits
    BG Level

Re: What jobs do you take to the 100th Floor?

Our RDM switches to DRK sub for 100F but half the time it doesn't really matter due to Body Boost and Fanatic Drink. The damage from Gates of Hades isn't going to kill anyone-- if you're worried, then treat it like a Fafnir wing and turn around to stop feeding TP until your healer(s) get HP back to white. Fulmination hitting the mages is probably the worst possibility, pop a Cleric drink or Benediction in that event.

Any job setup that works for 60F or 80F will succeed here, barring any shenanigans with a healer or tank disc holder who bails early (BRD or COR are best disc holders if you have a choice). We usually do steady damage down to ~20%, then disc holder uses Fireflies or Mijin, then people use Dusty Wings or 2hr abilities to wipe it out before the beast has a chance to get unruly.

If I were inclined to micromanage, I'd say:
    WHM WAR THF RNG BRD SAM
    should be solid. Lots of good 2hrs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Winter Sky
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

try SAM SAM DRG THF WHM BRD, assuming your people are well-geared and proficient on those jobs.

identical to our setup except we have a cor instead of bard, 100 bosses are usually no prob. SAM 2hrs with fanantics/wing, maybe a monarchs for SS/phys shield own.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

nin war war thf brd rdm

never had a floor 100 hydra but works fine for the other two, dont need any 2hrs

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Guess I get to be bard >.>

....honestly who didn't see that coming?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Pld/war/drk/rdm/rdm/thf

atleast 1 rdm subs /drk.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

WAR THF SAM DRG RDM BRD is our usual setup.

Either the BRD or THF gets warped since their the disc holders.

Fanatics drink, Body boost, barbarian's, fighters, dusty wing for all melees, RDM pops mp drink.

Most of the time, the boss is dead in 45 seconds after that; we've taken to the habit of the disc holder warping shortly after we engage since, well.. there isn't much time.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Anything standard xp pt works, depending on your group dynamics.

For Floor100, we bring MNK/NIN (tank), THF/NIN, BLU/NIN, RDM/WHM, BRD/WHM, BLM/WHM. The BLM is there for an occasional stun, to help clear the progress floors up to the boss quickly, and to d2 our tank quickly (lol at having our tank be a discholder first few weeks of nyzul being added to the game). I'm RDM and main heal just fine. BLU gets a gazillion chest items and unloads on the bosses too. BLU are EXTREMELY useful in nyzul, and I highly recommend one for each group. BRD is pretty mandatory with our setup, as having a MNK tank needs some extra speed and power for maintaining hate and mitigating damage. I wouldn't recommend having a non-standard tank unless you are somewhat accustomed to it with an experienced member from Salvage or elsewhere. We could obviously tweak jobs around to make us more efficient, but this setup works just fine for us.

As far as the difference between Floor100 and let's say a Floor80 boss...there basically isn't one except for the ultimate TP moves. As was mentioned, Cerberus' Gates of Hades is crap. Just make sure melees have enough cures to make them not die from the minor DoT. Fulmination can ruin your day from the stun and para effect, but the damage is minimal. Nerve Gas is a pain to deal with, because it can curse and then kill a tank/melee pretty quickly because of the low max hp. My group still basically doesn't sit there doing nothing waiting to stun these moves, we just stun if we can. Oh, and there's no limitation on when or how many times they can use it. But I think at most my group has seen 1 fulmination, 2 nerve gases, and 3 gates of hades on any single fight.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

We don't even stun anything Q_Q. Our DRK might stun the first one he sees, but after that it's balls to the wall. Hell, I went WHM/NIN the past couple times for shits and giggles and it wasn't a problem. If a GoH or Fulmination goes off, I just benediction.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I use WAR, WAR, MNK, THF, BRD, WHM for everything really, sometimes the WHM switches to RDM for bosses

the Nyzul static im in. we've only lost once i think on Floor 100, our FIRST time.

we typically take

WAR,SAM,DRG,THF,WHM,RDM or
    WAR,WAR,DRG,THF,WHM,RDM

we dont bother with stun on Floor 100, cause a Fanatics Drink or Fools drink is enough, and GoH only does like 250DMG IF it goes off
    we've recieved a weapon i think EVERY clear on floor 100, w/ no disc holder every wiping their disc, and we have 2 of them.

3x Askar Hat, 2x Goliard Hat, 4x Denali Hat

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

DRK DRK THF RDM BLM BRD

Mnk/Nin, Sam/Nin, Sam/Nin, Rdm, Brd, Thf.

We are currently 6/8. 3x Askar 2x Denali 1x Goliard. A weapon has dropped after each kill, nin, warx2, blu, brdx2, rdm, and something else. Needs more mnk and sam weapons.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks for the responses everyone

Izzy if we have any questions right before we go, expect a tell

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Thanks everyone!

Gee lookie who might get to go DRG while Papi goes BRD!

Or perhaps taru mnk tank?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

NIN NIN THF BLU RDM BRD

There isn't a need for a stunner.
    We ate 3 Gate of Hades in a row and is able to recover rather fast and kill.

The only time i remember we fail is when our RDM who is the disc holder got black screen when using firefly.

Cerberus is 5% we are unable to kill. Then it pretty chomp us to death when i ran out of MP from spamming cures to recover from GoH :/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by ad3285
    NIN NIN THF BLU RDM BRD

There isn't a need for a stunner.
    We ate 3 Gate of Hades in a row and is able to recover rather fast and kill.

The only time i remember we fail is when our RDM who is the disc holder got black screen when using firefly.

Cerberus is 5% we are unable to kill. Then it pretty chomp us to death when i ran out of MP from spamming cures to recover from GoH :/
    Ate 5 GoH, so its pretty weak with buffs. Took Ninx2 Brd Whm War Mnk and kill it no problems and warping the disc holder out at 50% with an instant warp scroll. I sub blm on whm just about every run for ES+slow on bosses and brd easily landing elegy. No offense, but you can lose the blu and get a harder hitting DD, change the rdm to a whm and you should be able to knock off stoneskin when it likes to spam fucking hoplon near lower %'s

Why did you bold warp scroll as if there was any difference between using that and using fireflies?

i think the only difference it's that fireflies warp is slow as hell >.>

especially if you fight khim , that eats 2k steel cyclones and it's weak like butter, you might risk winning before the leader warps lol

Same advice: just go with your setup and drop some SWORDBREAKERS LOL

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

im the disk holder on brd i use flies usually around 30% put troub songs on to make sure they last and leave. havent had problems yet.