Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Low man Jailer of Temperance Strategy

I have a small group that's recently been spamming Fortitude for torques, and recently some of us have expressed interest in hope/temperance torques. I couldn't find a good thread about this so sorry if I missed it.

It's been quite a while since any of us had fought temperance, and back when we used to do with like 12-18members, it was always messy. We have the following jobs:

1)whm blm rdm brd smn blu
    2) thf war sam rng (strider's/ridill if it makes a difference)
    3)blm rdm brd bst
    4)whm blm brd nin war mnk(gaiters)
    5)nin blm blu mnk sam war drg
    6) blm war brd nin thf(skadi)

What would be the best way to do this? WHM BRD RDM NIN NIN THF? Have the 2 NINs attempt to trade hate around/kite? Is there any type of gear set they should use (like is it evadable?)?

I also read that 3 blus + support could do it well. However we only have 2, and neither have w legs, would it still work?

Any other general tips/strategies would be really nice. Thanks!

Re: Low man Jailer of Temperance Strategy

A few weeks ago, when we split up into groups to attempt to pop JoT... My group of 6-7 people was basically bringing it down by ourselves in the time it took for the other members to arrive to help. We got it as low as about 16% without any trouble.

The setup was me tanking (not kiting) as SAM/WAR, along with a WAR/NIN as DD/subtank, a RDM, a WHM, a BRD, a THF, and a RNG iirc. My roll could basically be replaced with a NIN's roll, I was using enmity gear for Provoke and equipping GK occasionally for slashing mode to keep hate. With defender, defense food, and phalanx II it hits for like 50 damage or so.

When it changed to blunt mode, the RDM used Grav and we kited it. Otherwise we just flat tanked it in place, no use kiting it when it runs faster than 25% movement and spamming Grav will result in resists eventually. Best to flat tank it when you can, and save kiting for blunt mode.

Other than that, it's not too bad of a fight. Melees need to make sure to gtfo when it 2hs, or they will get AoE'd to death, and if MP is low just don't let them attack.

For your particular setup, going down the list I'd recommend RDM, THF (for TH, since you want torque?), BRD, WHM, NIN, WAR. But, this largely depends on what gear/merits people have for what jobs. So, it's hard to say. Just make sure you don't have a poor RDM or tank!

How much were his AoE moves hitting you for, Ruke? I forget what they're called, but there's a poison one and a silence one i remember.

If I remember about 300+, but they were basically few and far between with the low amount of melees and the other self-buff TP moves it uses.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Pretty much what Rukenshin said, but I prefer to bounce hate around between two tanks. Once both tanks cap hate, it's easy to just bounce it back and forth before anyone gets hit. I've duoed using RDM/NIN + NIN/WAR, although it takes forever only using DoT.
    No torques from Temperance or Hope yet though.

I was thinking of doing the same, pretty sure me and a RDM friend could dou it based on how it went.

Only thing is yeah, it'd take forever to DoT to death. D:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Thanks for the tips!, another quick question.

How long does it take to switch forms? Is it a set time? Random? I remember when we were doing it, it was ALWAYS blunt, and we never had any monks/blunt damage. It would like switch to piercing for a second, then immediately bl

Completely random.

Although I guarantee if you bring MNKs, it'll stay in blunt mode for like 10% of the time.

And it'll probably kill them too, since blunt mode sucks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ah, ok. Guess we'll try the straight tanking strategy tonight or tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for all the help!

I duo this usually. I'm not gonna lie, its a massive headache, but extremely fun. 2 rdm/nin can bounce him around the room and dot kill(poison bio, bring a blm for frost/shock if you want). Basically you just bounce him back and forth with barfire(or whatever your choice is, sometimes you'll need to do it twice). I caution you though in order to do this requires extreme cooperation and planning. RDM must match gear and merits for -enmity. Gravity shouldnt be used except in pull and emergency(someone dies). It takes around 1.25-1.5 hours depending on poison resists although the first time I did it took around 2. The only dangerous part of this fight once you get the hang of it is when he 2 hours, make sure you have echo drops and antidotes.

Even if you arent going to try that some useful information i've found out about temperance... If you kill all 5 PH in the same gameday... he pops. Placeholder moves when gameday changes. If you kill him @ 23:50... He can repop essentially immediately.

Just google rdm duo temperance and you'll get some video's.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Completely random.

Although I guarantee if you bring MNKs, it'll stay in blunt mode for like 10% of the time.

And it'll probably kill them too, since blunt mode sucks.
    Seems to change forms based on the amount of damage done to it, eg when you rush it and do a lot of damage in a short period of time, it tends to switch. Similar to Ghrahs when they change between ball/other based on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDonkey
    Even if you arent going to try that some useful information i've found out about temperance... If you kill all 5 PH in the same gameday... he pops. Placeholder moves when gameday changes. If you kill him @ 23:50... He can repop essentially immediately.

Just google rdm duo temperance and you'll get some video's.
    This is useful.. will make it slightly less annoying to pop it.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not sure this specifically helps the OP, but COR quickdraw bypasses magic immunity on Temperance. Very strong, consistent, and easy to use DD source here if you're trying to low man something. QD also gives the mob 0 TP.

The 2 tank bouncing thing is probably the best holding method. Yea, there is a RDM duo video somewhere on stage6.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We 5 man this thing all the time, typically with the following.

PLD/NIN
    NIN/MNK
    RDM
    WHM
    BRD

NIN/MNK might seem like a dumb idea, but I prefer it because NIN damage output while in blunt mode is significantly boosted by it. You don't need a damage boost in other modes either as you'll easily do enough with katanas/daggers to co-tank with the PLD. We've also used a SAM/NIN in place of NIN/MNK, just make sure to bring along a Honebami and a decent polearm(I'd recommend Sushi for this). I imagine a good WAR would work well for this, especially with Tomahawk. BLU should work great too and could possibly replace the PLD/NIN.

Make sure both front line jobs are standing on opposite sides as it always does Optic Induration in pairs and you don't want both of them getting hit by the first one. A quick Stona on the PLD will assure that you won't have any kind of hate woes with the hate reset(Flash always got hate back). The only time we ever kite it is when it does Meikyo Shisui while in blunt mode(pop Gravity right away).

It takes about 25 mins this way, which is plenty fast for doing it with 5(at least in my book). Would probably go really fast with 6, adding another mage while replacing the PLD + other job with 2x good WAR/NIN.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We hit up all 5 PH on the same Vana day and it didn't spawn.

Only other linkshell in the zone didn't pop it either.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by detlef
    We hit up all 5 PH on the same Vana day and it didn't spawn.

Only other linkshell in the zone didn't pop it either.
    Yea same. Going back to my usual "Have all PH dead at the same time" and that tends to pop it.

WarkeDChocobo
    BG Level

I've been a part of a group that's killed all 5 at the same time(timed blm nukes) and have had it not pop.

For the record, it took 3 turns, it spawning in the west tower on the third attempt.

Also, stage6 is down I guess. I can't find a video of the duo temp. Does anyone happen to know where I can find it to watch?