Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Recording Battles/Fights programs

Anyone have suggestions for a video program (like fraps) that I can download for free?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Re: Recording Battles/Fights programs

a few months ago i tried Taksi, was still a bit buggy but should do its job ^^

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I Myself use fraps, And it works good.
    But The one fuss i have with it is that i cant get a single Video to run higher then 9FPS, i can be alone in my mog house and it will still drop to 9 FPS.

Ive looked alot of places for A better program, maybe one that has decent FPS, but eh. I tried the one to the link above and enjoyed it, you should give it a shot too.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fraps stopped working for me. Installed it, tried to record (after rebooting), I get sound but not video. Very strange. (worked on my old machine). Gonna try Taksi.

Anyone Tried Taksi with vista x64? its not listed as being supported, but anyone know if it works?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig
    Fraps stopped working for me. Installed it, tried to record (after rebooting), I get sound but not video. Very strange. (worked on my old machine). Gonna try Taksi.
    Sounds like you don't have video codecs installed.

Try this : http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_L ... c_Pack.htm

get the full pack, install, then try watching videos again. Sometimes winamp won't pick up the codecs still if you were using that, so use "Media Player Classic" not to be confused with "Windows Media Player".

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks Lordwafik, I have that codec pack installed already, but I guessed it's outdated. I hate keeping upto date with them, they seem to change every day . Gonna do what you said and try again (aka update my pack).

EDIT: I forgot to say, Media Player Classic/VLC didn't play it either, but I can only assume right now it's outdated. Unless the newest Fraps uses some complete alien codec that was not featured in the previous releases of the codec packs/Fraps.

EDIT2: It worked.... I hate codecs. Had to reboot my machine to carry on. I hate rebooting. It worked anyway. Lets hope I don't have to do this for a while. :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChaos
    a few months ago i tried Taksi, was still a bit buggy but should do its job ^^
    Hmmm, I downloaded this program, and i got it working to my FPS and it seems to work fine when recording. But, after I save the video to a folder and try to play it (tried quicktime/windowsmedia/VLC) and none worked.. any ideas?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Fraps's native codec makes stuff nearly unplayable anyway due to low compression. Use Virtualdub and transcode that shit. And yeah, a codec pack is a must.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Put a different codec and it runs smooth, so fixed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde
    And yeah, a codec pack is a must.
    No it isn't <.< Codec packs are just for those lazy bums who don't care about the risk of ruining their system...
    i have the minimum of needed codec installed (OGG, DivX, Musepack, Xvid and somewhere in between an alternate H.264 decoder) as well as the Haali media splitter for Matroska, and thats it. With Media Player Classic that's enough to play 99% of all videos.
    A codec pack would probably install 2-5x that amount of codec, or one of those "plays all, but nothing right" libraries like ffdshow...
    Any additional codec you (let) install has a chance to damage your system, best example would be that ffdshow managed to ruin the proper splitting of MKVs on my laptop. All i get now is the video, since the splitter's damaged there's no chance to get the sound back to work (well, unless re-installing windows <.<)

well... *cough* for at least a bit of btt, great to hear that vivix ^^

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

mmh, maybe I should have been more specific. Ideally, you would install something like the CCCP, which is specifically designed to not have problems due to conflicting codecs, but the problem therein lies with have only decs, with no cos. You would still need to download the XviD or DivX codec from the appropriate source in order to be able to transcode stuff into a better compression format.

As for your specific problem, you might want to try the stuff detailed here.