+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: So?...     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    BG Level
    7

  2. #2
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    130
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: So?...

    That's very sad, but I'm not surprised at all that he would say something like that.

  3. #3
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by The author should have
    Cheney went on to say "Rah rah rah, Lunch time, rah rah rah", ripped the head off of a live chicken, and drank the blood.
    Why would Dick Cheney care? He is super-mega rich and converted his money into Euros so after our economy has crashed, he will be perfectly fine.

  4. #4
    St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,808
    BG Level
    7

    Re: So?...

    Nothing would give me greater joy than seeing Cheney and Bush sharing a cell with Charles Taylor at the Hague.

  5. #5
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,615
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: So?...

    I'm totally against Cheney/the war/etc, but make sure you actually watch the clip. The punctuation is a bit off in the quoting, especially on the final quote with the way they placed the period, made him sound a lot worse than he actually did.


    At the risk of sounding like lolGuartz, remember that all sides are capable of spewing propaganda and twisting the truth a bit.

  6. #6
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,731
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Re: So?...

    viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31375


    Relevant to this thread.

  7. #7
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,843
    BG Level
    8

    Re: So?...

    It sounded more like "You don't care?/No, I think..." as in "I care, but...".

    Cheney is still an asshole, though.

  8. #8

    Re: So?...

    As should be pretty obvious, I've been against the invasion of Iraq since it began in 1998, but I agree with Cheney on this point. A President needs to do what he thinks is best for the nation and not what the nation thinks is best for the nation. We elected him (twice), now it's up to him to lead the nation.

  9. #9
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    As should be pretty obvious, I've been against the invasion of Iraq since it began in 1998, but I agree with Cheney on this point. A President needs to do what he thinks is best for the nation and not what the nation thinks is best for the nation. We elected him (twice), now it's up to him to lead the nation.

    the president's job as a representative is to... represent the people...

    "I am the decider" is the last thing any of our founding fathers would ever want to hear the president say, I know that much.

  10. #10
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,223
    BG Level
    7

    Re: So?...

    Random_interviewer: The majority of the American people disagree with you.
    Cheney: So?
    No_name_interviewer: So who exactly do you think you work for, sir?

    Oh wait I forgot, having a bajillion dollars means you don't have to listen to what anyone else says.

  11. #11
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,206
    BG Level
    7

    Re: So?...

    What a trash website.

  12. #12

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    As should be pretty obvious, I've been against the invasion of Iraq since it began in 1998, but I agree with Cheney on this point. A President needs to do what he thinks is best for the nation and not what the nation thinks is best for the nation. We elected him (twice), now it's up to him to lead the nation.
    Technically we didn't elect him twice though. The first time he lost the popular vote.

  13. #13
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,181
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    As should be pretty obvious, I've been against the invasion of Iraq since it began in 1998, but I agree with Cheney on this point. A President needs to do what he thinks is best for the nation and not what the nation thinks is best for the nation. We elected him (twice), now it's up to him to lead the nation.

    the president's job as a representative is to... represent the people...

    "I am the decider" is the last thing any of our founding fathers would ever want to hear the president say, I know that much.
    qfmft

    Bush thinks he's some sort of King that can do anything he fucking wants. Someone should have checked that asshole in the face with a bat years ago. Now we've got 4,000+ US military dead, and tens of thousands more dead because of him and that freak sideshow Cheney. What the hell is the point of checks and balances when the President gets away with whatever the hell he wants despite what the other branches say? I've never been more frustrated with this country since this idiot has been at the helm.

  14. #14

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    As should be pretty obvious, I've been against the invasion of Iraq since it began in 1998, but I agree with Cheney on this point. A President needs to do what he thinks is best for the nation and not what the nation thinks is best for the nation. We elected him (twice), now it's up to him to lead the nation.

    the president's job as a representative is to... represent the people...

    "I am the decider" is the last thing any of our founding fathers would ever want to hear the president say, I know that much.
    There are three different ways you can look at the role of a public official: 1) They were elected to represent the public so they need to bend to the will of the public; 2) They were elected as a representative of their political party so they need to represent the values of their party; or 3) They were elected on their own merits and based on their political beliefs and for the purpose of being the leading representative of the majority of the people and thus be a leader and represent his own ideas and values.

    Personally, I believe that a President should be the latter. We knew what we were getting when we elected him, so why should we be surprised now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    Technically we didn't elect him twice though. The first time he lost the popular vote.
    That was a stupid argument 8 years ago, and that's still a stupid argument. Michael Moore called, he wants his talking points back.

  15. #15
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    82
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    As should be pretty obvious, I've been against the invasion of Iraq since it began in 1998, but I agree with Cheney on this point. A President needs to do what he thinks is best for the nation and not what the nation thinks is best for the nation. We elected him (twice), now it's up to him to lead the nation.
    Technically we didn't elect him twice though. The first time he lost the popular vote.
    True or false: Under the election rules that have governed our country for 200+ years, he was elected.

  16. #16

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by shaqswede
    Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    As should be pretty obvious, I've been against the invasion of Iraq since it began in 1998, but I agree with Cheney on this point. A President needs to do what he thinks is best for the nation and not what the nation thinks is best for the nation. We elected him (twice), now it's up to him to lead the nation.
    Technically we didn't elect him twice though. The first time he lost the popular vote.
    True or false: Under the election rules that have governed our country for 200+ years, he was elected.
    Never did I anywhere say that he wasn't elected by the electoral system, so the answer to your question has no bearing on anything. I said "we" didn't elect him.

    Pohibaba was saying that we elected him twice, and it seemed to me that he was implying that we therefore gave him some sort of blessing to do what he thinks is best for the nation. I was merely pointing out however, that when one of your opponents receives more votes than you, that's a pretty weak blessing.

    Now if that's not what he was trying to imply, then I apologize.

    Edit: Edited for clarity.

  17. #17
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,668
    BG Level
    6

    Re: So?...

    Im surprised you didnt also quote the video of him saying a war in Iraq would be a quagmire back in 92 and that Saddam would be a waste of the United States resources to go in. Then cut to 2003 when he said it would be over within 6 months and troops would return home within a year.

    The abuses of power that Bush/Cheney have done in their 8 years is a long list and unfortunately there is almost nothing anyone can do about it. Things such as the US attorney General back a year or two ago, firing people based on their political idealism? if you pulled that kind of thing in any company you would be fired and then sued.

    It disgusts me that this has happened.

  18. #18
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    23,174
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqswede
    Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    As should be pretty obvious, I've been against the invasion of Iraq since it began in 1998, but I agree with Cheney on this point. A President needs to do what he thinks is best for the nation and not what the nation thinks is best for the nation. We elected him (twice), now it's up to him to lead the nation.
    Technically we didn't elect him twice though. The first time he lost the popular vote.
    True or false: Under the election rules that have governed our country for 200+ years, he was elected.
    Never did I anywhere say that he wasn't elected by the electoral system, so the answer to your question has no bearing on anything. I said "we" didn't elect him.

    Pohibaba was saying that we elected him twice, and it seemed to me that he was implying that we therefore gave him some sort of blessing to do what he thinks is best for the nation. I was merely pointing out however, that when over half of the country (or at least those that can and did vote) in fact voted for the other guy(s), that's a pretty weak blessing.

    Now if that's not what he was trying to imply, then I apologize.
    What an elaborate way to drive in the "You say po tate o, I say po ta to" argument. When it happened, some found it funny, ironic, and overall, not a huge deal. I mean, die hard liberals were greatly annoyed, but the country as a whole understood it, and it was what it was. Eight years later the electoral system needs a complete reworking because it was a fucking disaster. I'm sure you had impecible vision then and seen this travesty coming a mile away, and was preaching the fraudulent voting system from high atop your moral soapbox. Anyway, I love your idea of "You only got 45% of the popular vote, therefore, we're just going to give you 45% of our blessing, therefore, let's just give you, eh, 45% power." It's awesome. Outside the box thinking is always welcomed!

    All sarcasm aside, Bush has been terrible, this coming from a conservative. Most would agree. Your ideals from the election are knee-jerk reactions, as I would be pretty damn confident you weren't screaming at the masses and your TV when the election results came out with half as much passion as you are now.

    Editted: Timetable, I fucked it up!

  19. #19
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    3) They were elected on their own merits and based on their political beliefs and for the purpose of being the leading representative of the majority of the people and thus be a leader and represent his own ideas and values.

    Personally, I believe that a President should be the latter.
    So a president is elected and only represents half the country? What the shit?

  20. #20

    Re: So?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqswede
    Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    As should be pretty obvious, I've been against the invasion of Iraq since it began in 1998, but I agree with Cheney on this point. A President needs to do what he thinks is best for the nation and not what the nation thinks is best for the nation. We elected him (twice), now it's up to him to lead the nation.
    Technically we didn't elect him twice though. The first time he lost the popular vote.
    True or false: Under the election rules that have governed our country for 200+ years, he was elected.
    Never did I anywhere say that he wasn't elected by the electoral system, so the answer to your question has no bearing on anything. I said "we" didn't elect him.

    Pohibaba was saying that we elected him twice, and it seemed to me that he was implying that we therefore gave him some sort of blessing to do what he thinks is best for the nation. I was merely pointing out however, that when over half of the country (or at least those that can and did vote) in fact voted for the other guy(s), that's a pretty weak blessing.

    Now if that's not what he was trying to imply, then I apologize.
    What an elaborate way to drive in the "You say po tate o, I say po ta to" argument. When it happened, some found it funny, ironic, and overall, not a huge deal. I mean, die hard liberals were greatly annoyed, but the country as a whole understood it, and it was what it was. Four years later the electoral system needs a complete reworking because it was a fucking disaster. I'm sure you had impecible vision four years ago and seen this travesty coming a mile away, and was preaching the fraudulent voting system from high atop your moral soapbox. Anyway, I love your idea of "You only got 45% of the popular vote, therefore, we're just going to give you 45% of our blessing, therefore, let's just give you, eh, 45% power." It's awesome. Outside the box thinking is always welcomed!

    All sarcasm aside, Bush has been terrible, this coming from a conservative. Most would agree. Your ideals from the election are knee-jerk reactions, as I would be pretty damn confident you weren't screaming at the masses and your TV when the election results came out with half as much passion as you are now.
    Where are you getting this passion from? I don't get it. I really don't care about what happened 8 years ago. It happened before that and if people didn't think it could happen again they have no idea how the system works. You guys all seem to think I'm angry about something, and I don't know why. I made a 1 sentence remark about something I found humorous. It wasn't elaborate in the least. It got misunderstood, so I felt like explaining what I meant. That got misunderstood too apparently, and I would be surprised if the same thing doesn't happen to this post.

    I never said anything about giving anyone some sort of fraction of power based on the percentage of the popular vote they received. Again, my point was that the argument that a group of people, as a whole, voted someone into office somewhat falls apart when that group, as a whole, didn't really do that. Yes he was elected, no I couldn't care less about whether or not the electoral college system is revamped or abolished, and yes I was screaming at the masses and my TV in 2000 exactly as loud as I am screaming at them now (that being at a volume of 0).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Enitsu is so awesome heblackomgwtf
    By Enitsu in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2005-02-16, 16:43
  2. {Gil} so much!
    By Birdman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 2005-01-31, 15:00
  3. So, when are you guys....
    By in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-10-28, 22:11
  4. So you CAN be a Lv74 Noob!
    By Zigma in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2004-10-06, 15:08
  5. ok so basically, blms kick ass
    By Veritas in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2004-09-21, 01:52