BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ridiculously lame CoP question

What's the bare minimum number of people we can do Tenzen Path Pso'Xja shit with?

For reference, the answer I'm looking for is "NIN + BLU and this is how:"

Don't let me down BG!

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Re: Ridiculously lame CoP question

I've done it with 4, PLD WAR MNK WHM, without much trouble, and could probably do it with less. Hell, I'd say a NIN and RDM could duo it if you're careful and don't get adds. Just have NIN check walls for sound aggro, and have mage check walls for magic aggro. Obviously need RR. The downside is of course with NIN you're pretty much forced to fight at every door, and if you get more than one mob, could get dicey depending on what mobs we're talking about.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

It should be duo-trioable by skilled players (NIN + BRD/RDM), just gotta be very careful near doors so you don't get links from the other room when popping the door mobs. Not too sure about how well BLU would do as a duo partner.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been considering making a topic about low manning CoP missions but since Sath made one thats like that, i might as well ask it here. I recently created a new char and really not looking forward to redoing all the CoP missions so I was wondering if anyone could give me a run down of the CoP missions up to the uncapped fights of which ones are possible to be low manned?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The second part of that path can be soloed. The 16 doors nope. Maybe if the nin and blu have 2-3 friends come and you ignore them being there I guess it counts as a duo lol.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did it as whm, nin, war/nin, and rng/nin. Fucking worked it actually, just took it nice and slow.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tried nin + whm duo and got owned about 6 doors in by adds, otherwise we were doing ok. I wouldn't go with less than 3 tbh, just making something painful even more painful.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

NIN + THF + mage for 16 doors

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Trioed: blm/whm, nin/war, thf/nin, bring RR and 2 stacks of skelly keys. I just missed 2 or 3 locks as thf, and we wiped once to a cryptoberry + hectaeye link, but we managed to clear it in the end.

Hella fun

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Might try this tonight or tomorrow then, might have dynamis tonight I never remember anything, either way I'll let you guys know of my failures, thanks!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa
    I've been considering making a topic about low manning CoP missions but since Sath made one thats like that, i might as well ask it here. I recently created a new char and really not looking forward to redoing all the CoP missions so I was wondering if anyone could give me a run down of the CoP missions up to the uncapped fights of which ones are possible to be low manned?
    I'm in the same situation as Falisa here. My new character isn't looking forward to all the missions again. Low-manning would be hot.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

The first time I did the doors, our THF only missed one. The second time, our THF (different person) only hit one. I still definitely think it's worth it to try, if you can bring a THF. I guess theoretically a THF with reraise might be able to solo it? I don't know if you can let the door mob depop and succeed after failing a pick (and if it works like chests, you'd have to unweaken first too).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A Thief with Skeleton Keys makes that mission a whole lot easier. I strongly recommend bringing a Thief, cuts the time it takes to do the mission in half.

Not sure how useful this will be but:
    BST using one of the hecteyes really adds a ton to any group doing this. I did this before they updated Sic recast and I would try to space out its melee so that I could use a Sic when it had no tp. 3 out of 4 times it did Tornado. Most other times it had tp which was still awesome because it used Petro Gaze frequently. The half hour time limit on familiar puts a damper on things though. Later on you find another hecteyes so it might be smarter to do the first 1 or two set of doors with a jug and use the higher level one to familiar which will then probably last through to the end.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've done CoP twice and can honestly say it wont happen again unless other people need help and my 3'rd happens to be on that mission.
    Anyway, from memory/what I did;

1-1/1-3: A full party is probably best for these
    2-3: Bring a THF to pick the lock. 2 BST's 2 houring Slimes can rock its socks, you just have to have someone to hold hate who can spam holy waters.
    2-5: Unless they ninja fixed this, its possible to low man the battle. Have someone get aggro and die by the entrance while everone is still in CS, then pick off the mamets 1x1. Just make sure that you have NO ONE use pet jobs since that fucks this up.
    3-5: Full party or at least 5 with a DRK who's got god's stun finger.
    4-2: Get some SMN or/and BLM's friends who want free XP and go freeze burn his ass
    4-3: BST"s own again here, but for Prof. Mar you probably want to lure a panty party to kill him.
    5-2: I did promy Vhazl with 5, a decent geared MNK can rape 1.5 of the bosses before dying if you can keep it alive that long. (I dual boxed this one, to give you an idea)
    5-3: Others gave inights to the 'easy' of Pso'Xja. I know that the mammet 'trick' used to work with the moblins, not sure if it does not again. They're really, really easy to super tank though; I did this with 4. Snoll: Apparently this has been nerfed to hell, I did it x2 when it was still in 'rape your grandmother who's dead' mode.
    6-4: Take a blu and utlima and omega are kittens. KITTENS.

After 6-4 just gather up friends who are bored and want free xp. No xp loss anymore = who the hell cares if you take 6 WHM's to kill Tenzen? If it works its all the funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila
    3-5: Full party or at least 5 with a DRK who's got god's stun finger or a BLU.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila
    6-4: Take a blu and utlima and omega are kittens. KITTENS.
    We just did 6-4 on Wednesday with Atum on BLU. Holy crap BLU is hot for that fight. For Omega I tried to Head Butt TP moves with very little success- the charge up time seemed very short and it was a bit laggy in there. On Ultima I just Head Butted every time it was up, a lot less TP moves got through since it has such a short recast time. Also you can alternate Head Butt, Sickle Slash, Head Butt, Mandibular Bite for lots of damage. (And hate.)

But yeah, BLU rachs nads on the first airship BC. BLU also works really well for Diabolos and Moblins.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was told diabolos built up/resisted blu's stuns more than DRK's. If thats wrong then well, hot damn.

I did 3-5 on my Ninja with a group of 6. We went in with a blu and a drk. I never had trouble putting my shadows up once because our BLU used Head Butt generously, i.e. when my shadows went down. Our Whm d/ced halfway through the fight and the fight remained smooth. I don't remember the BLU being resisted at all, but my memory is a bit fuzzy because it was a while ago. It was the first time I realized BLU is a CoP Killer.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Lower levels Blu is probably one of the most potent jobs out there that's why it wrecks stuff badly in level caps.