Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/25 bannings - 9k banned     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: 3/25 bannings - 9k banned

Quote Originally Posted by rex_garuda
    Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
    Wait, so you can get banned for starting a new account after being banned before?
    Why the hell would they NOT ban you a second time? Being banned from the game means you've broken the ToS in some way, it wouldn't be threatening if it wasn't irrevocable. <_> Common sense, people.

I'm really rather surprised that there isn't more QQing over this. To my knowledge this is the first time they've explicitly said "basic windower functionality = ban". Usually even implications of this result in 10 pages of "zomg ban windower = loss of 80% of playerbase". Is everyone 100% positive that windower can't be detected or something? I'd say something like everyone knows this so it doesn't need to be said, but then I dare you to find a maintenance thread that Doesn't mention HNM window time moving.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by shieldsofwindurst
    I'm really rather surprised that there isn't more QQing over this. To my knowledge this is the first time they've explicitly said "basic windower functionality = ban". Usually even implications of this result in 10 pages of "zomg ban windower = loss of 80% of playerbase". Is everyone 100% positive that windower can't be detected or something? I'd say something like everyone knows this so it doesn't need to be said, but then I dare you to find a maintenance thread that Doesn't mention HNM window time moving.
    They said themselves that they won't ban for JUST someone reporting a screenshot. It says that there has to be measurable proof.

Also, I'm going to assume Ryko is bullshitting and trying to woosh someone with his "I got banned" business, right? Don't woosh me, ass.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

If anyone remotely believed me after the last big one I did in 2006 I'd be severely surprised.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    If anyone remotely believed me after the last big one I did in 2006 I'd be severely surprised.
    I think True still hates us a little on the inside for that one.

23 years old

BG Level

This one was rather obvious though if you just quoted or looked at the first post, but rocl and ryu totally covered for me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Was it really necessary to rehash something two people already nailed?

Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    They said themselves that they won't ban for JUST someone reporting a screenshot. It says that there has to be measurable proof.
    I know, but they've never explicitly taken a stance on basic windower functionality until now. Yes they won't ban you based on a screenshot, but they just said "use TParty and we don't want your business" so I'd be concerned that they might be working on a way to actively try to detect windower, which is what we've worried about all along. This when all 70% (I'm guessing) of windower users really want is a way to manage 60+ pieces of gear without hitting 3-5 macros per action.

Hey SE rep, if you're reading this! Like it or not, you built your game to encourage use of massive amounts of situational gear. Either give us a way to reasonably manage it ingame or we're going to do it ourselves. And FYI, 3+ distinct player inputs per ingame action does not count as "reasonable."

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Their stance has ALWAYS been, "we won't go looking for it but if you admit to it we'll ban you".

23 years old

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gere
    Their stance has ALWAYS been retarded
    Obnoxiously fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Gere
    Their stance has ALWAYS been, "we won't go looking for it but if you admit to it we'll ban you".
    I'd love to see that even remotely implied somewhere. In any case, according to this notice, the STFU seems to think it's running out of people to ban, so I'd watch my back if they get bored.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

They implied in some interview (I think it was one of bercus's) but I'm too lazy to go digging for it.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Also, reporting RMT is SUPER EFFECTIVE. It sometimes takes a while but I have yet to be disappointed.
    100% agree, exact same results for me as well.

I've got like 5 different groups of gilsellers banned this way.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Theyd be shooting themselves in the foot if they do start banning for TParty. If SE is reading this STOP FIGHTING THE PLAYERBASE over stupid issues like windower! In all honesty ppl would LIKE the ability to see other members TP alliance parties mp/tp as it makes coordination somewhat more efficient. That being said they are workin on this Rapture MMO if they start banning ppl over windower/TParty which unlike the FFXIapp doesnt harm the gameplay in any real way the fallout from the way theyve handled FFXI over the past 5 years could come back to haunt them. The players have put up with alot of crap from SE draggin their asses on serveral issues over the years but if they really did start banning ppl over the windower/plugins thing then id say more than likely they could expect a significant baclkash by the playerbase over it. From my knowledge windower came about because of SE's ineptness at listening to the players for so long but lately it feels like the Dev team have been actin more and more like the way they were back in the good ol CoP days -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Infini
    Theyd be shooting themselves in the foot if they do start banning for TParty. If SE is reading this STOP FIGHTING THE PLAYERBASE over stupid issues like windower! In all honesty ppl would LIKE the ability to see other members TP alliance parties mp/tp as it makes coordination somewhat more efficient. That being said they are workin on this Rapture MMO if they start banning ppl over windower/TParty which unlike the FFXIapp doesnt harm the gameplay in any real way the fallout from the way theyve handled FFXI over the past 5 years could come back to haunt them. The players have put up with alot of crap from SE draggin their asses on serveral issues over the years but if they really did start banning ppl over the windower/plugins thing then id say more than likely they could expect a significant baclkash by the playerbase over it. From my knowledge windower came about because of SE's ineptness at listening to the players for so long but lately it feels like the Dev team have been actin more and more like the way they were back in the good ol CoP days -_-
    There's the QQing I was expecting. Anyone else remember/can find what Gere was talking about? I may fail @ search but I can't find it.

Banned.

BG Level

If they used any brain power on issue, they'd realize that it's their poor UI that's the issue not people using TP Party. If ever had the chance to ask them a question it would be "Why can an unfunded side product like Windower fix your game better than you?".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    Matters of concern within the community

In the following section, we will be explaining the Special Task Force's direction and plans in dealing with matters of concern within the community.

- I've seen people on the internet claiming to have changed the game's interface and then played the game. Why haven't these people's accounts been banned yet?
    With only the insufficient information from a website to go on, we cannot make a judgment regarding the situation. Of course, the use of external programs displaying party members' TP or alliance members' MP is prohibited. If the Special Task Force can verify that a player has been using such programs, this evidence can be used to ban the player in question.
    Also, many such unauthorized external programs have the ability to steal one's PlayOnline ID and password. To protect yourself from the possibility of unauthorized third-party access to your account, please refrain from using programs not approved by Square Enix.
    I am not sure who is dumber for this, the players who are concerned about this, or Square for saying it.

How about some things people should be more concerned about that TParty?

• POS Hacking.[/*:m:mu0177zp]
    • Flee Hacking.[/*:m:mu0177zp]
    • Claim bots.[/*:m:mu0177zp]
    • Continued, escalating, relentless, and growing attempts to use viruses planted in Google Ads to hijack accounts.[/*:m:mu0177zp]
    • The STU not having enough common sense to listen for shouts in Whitegate for selling Sky Rare/EX items.[/*:m:mu0177zp]
    • The STU not having enough common sense to monitor sky for obvious gil farmers.[/*:m:mu0177zp]
    • Littlerobert[/*:m:mu0177zp]

Seriously, get your heads out of your asses.

And instead of banning people for using TParty, HOW ABOUT FUCKING ADDING IT INTO THE GAME SINCE PEOPLE OBVIOUSLY FUCKING WANT THAT SORT OF FUCKING FUNCTIONALITY?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God, why the hell hasn't that gil farmer on Bahamut named Littlerobbert been banned yet?! Just seeing that guy every single day killing Gooboobs on the way to Nidhogg irritates me.

Edit:
    And instead of banning people for using TParty, HOW ABOUT FUCKING ADDING IT INTO THE GAME SINCE PEOPLE OBVIOUSLY FUCKING WANT THAT SORT OF FUCKING FUNCTIONALITY?
    They wont add that kind of good stuff till Final Fantasy XI-2 "Charlie's Angels edition"

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Listen, Septimus, Littlerobert is a legit player. Stop being so jealous of him.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eh. The day they start windower banning is they day they save me 30+$ a month and give me more free time than I know what to do with.

Didn't the last time this happened someone add up all the STFu Reports and get a total accounts banned #? Whats it at now?

Edit:
    ^ LOL @ same time posted.