FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

3/25 bannings - 9k banned

Quote Originally Posted by PlayOnline
    We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.

Based on the results of our investigation, around 8,900 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while around 1,500 accounts were temporarily suspended.
    Additionally, we have increased the number of mass bannings against certain PlayOnline violations in order to prevent illegal acts.

Details of the violations are as follows:

- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
    February 27, Approx. 270 cases
    March 4, Approx. 330 cases
    March 10, Approx. 460 cases

- Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
    March 25, Approx. 30 cases

- Using cheats to automatically repeat a particular action.
    February 21, Approx. 950 cases
    February 27, Approx. 560 cases
    March 5, Approx. 750 cases
    March 6, Approx. 190 cases
    March 13, Approx. 860 cases
    March 19, Approx. 480 cases
    March 21, Approx. 40 cases

- Gil and item exchange for real world money.
    Week of February 17, Approx. 110 cases
    Week of February 24, Approx. 40 cases
    Week of March 2, Approx. 100 cases
    Week of March 9, Approx. 30 cases
    Week of March 16, Approx. 120 cases
    Week of March 23, Approx. 1,160 cases

- Instances of areas or monster monopolization.
    February 21, Approx. 310 cases
    February 29, Approx. 110 cases
    March 13, Approx. 110 cases

- Usage of synthesis and auction houses for RMT activities.
    February 25, Approx. 470 cases
    March 3, Approx. 900 cases
    March 5, Approx. 160 cases
    March 11, Approx. 1,040 cases
    March 17, Approx. 630 cases

- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
    March 25, Approx. 190 cases

The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 5.8 billion gil from circulation.

We would like to remind players that as well as adversely affecting game balance, the use of third-party tools or cheats can also have consequences that are not immediately obvious, such as introducing damaging viruses, and comprising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI, and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Re: 3/25 bannings - 9k banned

Ah shit, they got me!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Ah shit, they got me!
    owned :rocl:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

All the others are only like 100, how come there are nearly 10x the amount in that week... >.>

23 years old

BG Level

Had to make quota

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Ah shit, they got me!
    It only took 3 years, but they finally got your cheating ass.

23 years old

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akanei
    Ah shit, they got me!
    It only took 3 years, but they finally got your cheating ass.
    It was a good run, but even the best slip up

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    All the others are only like 100, how come there are nearly 10x the amount in that week... >.>
    Psh, it skyrocketed when every Q_Q'ing RC DRK went and bought gil to go and level PUP for Magic Mortar, oh wai...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

pretty sure the 1k ban run was the week of the synth bots and cherry muffins, which would account for the larger than normal numbers.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

That's a lotta noodles right there. Even less gil in circulation. I'll be waiting for my AH items to get returned as I anticipate even lower prices. 100 gil scorpion harness GO!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I am seriously tempted to sell all my gear off right now, quit for 3 months, then come back as one rich mofo with 2 million gil...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

from
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

Today's report will outline our actions conducted from February 21, 2008 to March 25, 2008 in dealing with players violating the user agreement, as well as details on the activities, results, and goals of the Special Task Force.

Click here for details on the Special Task Force's activities in dealing with players violating the FINAL FANTASY XI user agreement.

Special Task Force activities and future plans
    As can be seen in the chart below, the number of accounts that were banned in February had decreased to half the number we had in December and January. This is partially due to the period of the bannings in February being shorter than usual, but it is also because we had received much fewer reports from FINAL FANTASY XI players, indicating that the number of violators of the user agreement has decreased.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...010/3010_3.jpg

With this knowledge in hand, the Special Task Force has decided to strengthen its actions in regards to RMT (*1) and violators involved in the buying and selling of gil.
    We will, of course, also continue our actions in dealing with hunters (*2) violating the user agreement and causing trouble for regular players. Effective systematic countermeasures will also be introduced with the help of the development team.

Below we will describe some of the countermeasures introduced in the March 11th version update.

- Countermeasures for dealing with illegal fishing
    In the following areas, places where it was possible for even low-level characters to fish without being attacked by monsters can no longer be used to catch fish.
    Sea Serpent Grotto / Cape Teriggan

- Countermeasures for dealing with illegal mining
    Characters under level 20 can no longer obtain items through mining in the following areas.
    Newton Movalpolos / Mount Zhayolm / Halvung / Gusgen Mines / Ifrit's Cauldron

- Countermeasures for dealing with actions taking advantage of certain quests
    - Job level restrictions were applied to the requirements for accepting an offer for the quests below. The level required to be able to accept an offer differs for each quest.
    Gifts of the Griffon / Claws of the Griffon / The Firebloom Tree / Test My Mettle

- It must be after 8:00 a.m. PST (12:00 am Japan Time) before a player can accept a quest's offer again for the quests below. The player will also have to have performed an area change.
    The Firebloom Tree / Test My Mettle

The following tally details the condition of problems between February 21, 2008 and March 25, 2008. Each of these issues is discussed individually in the following section.

- Illegal fishing
    The issue where the number of reports had decreased the most for February was illegal fishing. We believe that they will continue to decrease as a result of the countermeasures introduced in the March 11th version update mentioned above, but we will continue to carefully keep an eye on the problem.
    If you happen to see an area where lower-level characters can fish without being attacked by monsters, please report it to the Special Task Force.

- Hunters
    Just like illegal fishing, the number of reports regarding hunters decreased. Because this issue has become less common in the community, it could be thought that we were successful in our actions.
    We plan to continue investigations into areas mentioned in reports provided by FINAL FANTASY XI players.

- Use of synthesis and auction houses for RMT (*3)
    Violators involved in synthesis and auction houses for RMT generally prepare different accounts for characters that synthesize the items and for characters that put the items up for sale at auction houses.
    As was mentioned in January's report, because the Special Task Force has an understanding of which characters are involved in RMT and has banned these characters accordingly, the number of accounts involved is decreasing.

*1. RMT
    "Real Money Trading." Selling game data for real money.

*2. Hunters
    Characters who kill Notorious Monsters, clear quests, and obtain items over and over again with the sole purpose of gathering gil, which is then handed off to RMT groups.

*3. Use of synthesis and auction houses for RMT
    Actions involving selling large quantities of in-game items for gil, which is then traded for real money.

Matters of concern within the community
    In the following section, we will be explaining the Special Task Force's direction and plans in dealing with matters of concern within the community.

- I've seen people on the internet claiming to have changed the game's interface and then played the game. Why haven't these people's accounts been banned yet?
    With only the insufficient information from a website to go on, we cannot make a judgment regarding the situation. Of course, the use of external programs displaying party members' TP or alliance members' MP is prohibited. If the Special Task Force can verify that a player has been using such programs, this evidence can be used to ban the player in question.
    Also, many such unauthorized external programs have the ability to steal one's PlayOnline ID and password. To protect yourself from the possibility of unauthorized third-party access to your account, please refrain from using programs not approved by Square Enix.

Warning about unauthorized access
    As has been mentioned in previous Special Task Force reports, problems regarding third party access to players' account information have become more and more common. Even if ones account is compromised only once, all of that player's characters could be deleted and all gil and items lost.
    Viewing suspicious web sites linked on gaming websites or blogs, as well as downloading files from these sites, is believed to be the main cause of this unauthorized access. A player's computer becomes infected with a Trojan horse or keylogger and before he realizes it, his PlayOnline ID and password have been stolen.
    We are currently working on a method to restore edited account details and lost items, but there are a few preventative measures to help protect ones account. The following are a few such countermeasures that Windows users can use to protect against unauthorized access.

- Do not access websites with unknown or suspicious content.
    - Do not download software from unknown or suspicious websites.
    - Periodically perform Windows Updates and keep Windows updated to the latest version.
    *Refer to Microsoft's official website for more detailed information.
    - Periodically update your web browser to the latest version.
    - Do not use external tools not approved by Square Enix under any circumstances.
    - Always use the latest antivirus software and Internet security software.

In order to protect your data, please use the countermeasures listed above along with diligent management of your PlayOnline account.
    We would also like to remind everyone that Square Enix will never reveal PlayOnline account details to third parties.

Reporting to the Special Task Force
    The Special Task Force relies on everyone's information regarding violations
    hay guyz! tp party iz teh h4x!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bahamuts Sky RMT are still online.

- Vanst and the rest of his pink pearly friends (the trail of taru blm's).

Oh wait, they're not RMT. Just because they play 24/7, camp every NM in Sky 24/7 and have no god gear themselves, and shout in Whitegate to sell rare/ex items ... they're just really dedicated players.

Right GM's?

Right STF?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

You know, they keep harping about not visiting unknown websites, but to my knowledge still haven't implemented something as trivial as, oh I dunno, the answer to a question that only the original account holder would know. Just this ONE freakin' step would prevent accounts from getting jacked, but instead they're going to toss out stupid garbage like "hay guyz, just don't browse the interwebz, k?"

As far as Windower and TP display goes, did anyone really expect any other response? Of course they're going to reply with "you get caught you're banned blah blah blah." The question is, are they going to go out of their way to do it? I sincerely doubt it.

8900 farmers banned... 1500 farmer banks with max gil suspended...

total effect= nil

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by kayn
    from
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff ... etail.html

- I've seen people on the internet claiming to have changed the game's interface and then played the game. Why haven't these people's accounts been banned yet?
    With only the insufficient information from a website to go on, we cannot make a judgment regarding the situation. Of course, the use of external programs displaying party members' TP or alliance members' MP is prohibited. If the Special Task Force can verify that a player has been using such programs, this evidence can be used to ban the player in question.
    Also, many such unauthorized external programs have the ability to steal one's PlayOnline ID and password. To protect yourself from the possibility of unauthorized third-party access to your account, please refrain from using programs not approved by Square Enix.

hay guyz! tp party iz teh h4x!

bind sysrq screenshot jpg hide
    ftw

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ashky
    I am seriously tempted to sell all my gear off right now, quit for 3 months, then come back as one rich mofo with 2 million gil...
    That kinda happened to me when I had quit 6 months ago with 680,000 gil. Came back and I was able to spend only 200,000 for every piece of gear for RDM up to 70 O_o. Excluding those luxury items that are still ridiculously expensive . The rest of the stuff 71+ would tally only 150,000.

Before that though, stuff like HQ staves were 2mil each(400-500k now).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

I wonder how much longer it will be until people go out there and farm all those materials themselves again because there aren't any GS left to do it for them anymore. All the while prices keep dropping and dropping because theres a shit load of gil going out the system and not as much coming in. At least thats based on the AH Server comparison graph on ffxiah. Funny how 12 months ago most if not all servers had 2.5x more "worth" compared to now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

a close friend of mine who shall remain nameless b/c they read these boards concluded that a lot of the characters/players(at least on alexander) who have quit/server transferred recently did so not because they were done with the game but because it was so hard to sell gil anymore. now, i'll save you the trouble of telling me how easy it is to buy and sell gil still, but these guys are still making a difference. im very much hoping this afternoon when i trek out to my favorite fishing spot(which last night had 6 RMT fishermen in it), that it'll just be me and other legit fishermen. mind you, this fishing area i make 50k an hour(sometimes more if i catch the fishing guild on a good day) just npcing the fish, which means completely legitimately, money is still coming into the economy, it's just being pulled out faster than a lot of us legit folks can pull it out of the water, so to speak.

and at least on alexander, there are little to no RMT in sky, and sea, where alexander sort of pioneered RMT in sea, is empty of RMT shells. so don't get me wrong, they're still there, but at least on our server, they're getting their asses kicked in the higher echelon of RMT activities.

Give it a few days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast