Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Feielle

This is getting out of hand...

Cypher of Kujata was hacked recently. Probably an hour ago, from the posts on my LS forums. I know there's already a list of hacked players and all, but this is especially fucked up.

Mayori, a friend and LS mate of mine, confronted the person who got onto Cypher's account. The person controlling it said he was going to drop all of Cypher's R/EX items unless Mayori paid him 5m. Mayori calls a GM, who does nothing, even with plenty of evidence in the logs. Brilliant.

Pic below shows it all. I think the countdown is especially shitty.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...326_132127.png

So now if we catch someone in the act, it results in dropped gear and no results.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: This is getting out of hand...

Did you try getting an SGM?

Seriously though, that's fucked. But then again, it sounds like someone has a personal beef with Cypher.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Rules
    Welcome to BG forums, stop giving out your account information, your gil/gear will get stolen.
    YOU LOSE

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

How did this happen, how is it possible to get hacked in FFXI!? This is an outrage!!!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Feielle
    So now if we catch someone in the act, it results in dropped gear and no results.
    apparently it results in dropped gear

Feielle

Its not a friend giving out his ID. Items are being sold by this mule:

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1199838

Yeah, hacking is old news, I get that. The "Hold Gear for Ransom" part is a new trick though, and it looks like the jackwad at the controls knows enough English to get the point across about what he's doing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Every time I see one of these topics with frustrating encounters between GMs and players it makes me think that the term "Game Master" is an oxymoron. I mean, exactly what aspect of the game are they mastering? Making their customers exasperated? If that's what their title is meant to describe then yes, they are indeed masters of this game. In all seriousness though, their lack of ability to do anything meaningful pisses me off. As I've said in many other threads: last game I ever buy from SE.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Stop giving out your info.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ya know, several people who've been hacked, have said they've never given out their info. Almost wonder if someone has managed to gain access via the 3rd party windower tool, and thereby has a huge list of usernames/passwords.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji
    Ya know, several people who've been hacked, have said they've never given out their info. Almost wonder if someone has managed to gain access via the 3rd party windower tool, and thereby has a huge list of usernames/passwords.
    Taj did it.
    There, was that hard?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose
    Taj did it.
    There, was that hard?
    Right. It's not like someone can reverse-engineer a program and develop a hack based on it.

There, was that hard?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

A lot of people are missing the point. Fuck how he got hacked, what people should care about is the ridiculous level of laziness shown by the GMs in this game. If it's at all possible to put off doing their jobs until someone has jumped through a little hoop for them, the GMs are going to do it, no matter what it costs the player being victimized or the company in customer dissatisfaction. It's seriously time for Square to fire these fucking morons and outsource their GMing to a bunch of Indians who will at least be grateful for a dead-end job and maybe not go out of their way to piss off the customers.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It sounds like the problem lies in SE not taking all the hacking incidents seriously yet.
    They could easily set a protocol for GMs to lock down any account that might even remotely be compromised, much less something as ridiculous as this scenario.
    If they saw this as a cause for them to lose business en masse ($12.95 x # of pissed-off gamers x # of months that the FF keeps running), they might consider it a threat to their business (which it is).

I honestly don't know why they aren't responding more actively to these situations.
    What happens when you call you Visa or Mastercard saying "someone is compromising my account" ? Your card gets disabled immediately, right? What happens when you tell SE this? "Sorry, please call our help line during normal business hours. Have a great evening!"

There's so much wrong with this situation and SE isn't doing anything.
    But meh, in the meantime they'll still get our money every month (until we get hacked ~ but then if we get server transferred by our hacker, SE gets a $25 bonus for failing @ customer service? >.>).

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Feielle
    Its not a friend giving out his ID. Items are being sold by this mule:

http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1199838

Yeah, hacking is old news, I get that. The "Hold Gear for Ransom" part is a new trick though, and it looks like the jackwad at the controls knows enough English to get the point across about what he's doing.

That fucking sucks. The count down was especially cruel, but you're right about one thing. The whole "holding your account ransom" think is new, well to me it is anyway. I cant say that I am completely shocked by the ineptness of the GM in this particular case.

Fhqw had it right, the term "Game Master" being a complete oxymoron, and I have believed so for many reasons, but it seems as if it is increasingly becoming synonymous with flagrant stupidity and overall lack of lolcompassion. Seeing instances like this only further drives home the validity of that point. Even armed with screen shots they will not accept them even as proof of said account hijacking.

It sucks for Cypher, and I feel his pain indirectly.

Edited'ed: b-fo da gramma hamma c meh

The GM can't really do anything about it because you're not a verified owner of the account and there's no way for him to verify that, because he's not really supposed to have access to that information.

It's not the GM's fault... please don't blame him. He's probably really sad that it's happening and has had to tell people the same crap before. It's not that he won't do anything, it's that he isn't allowed to do anything. SE doesn't empower GMs (well, at least the english ones, as far as we know) to do anything of this nature.

Please, don't blame them. If anyone, blame SE secondly for not taking care of these situations quickly and restoring things perfectly to the way they were before, and blame yourself in the first place for:

A. Giving your info to someone that's stupid and ended up getting a keylogger or anything else that allowed them to gain your information
    B. Being stupid enough to get a keylogger or another program that allowed them to gain your information

but
    wah wha I didn't give out my account info
    and? it's just like people stealing credit cards and other information man, you need to get your shit secure and keep it that way.

wah wah my antivirus didn't pick up anything I didn't have any keyloggers or malicious software/scripts that ran
    yeah, antivirus programs aren't 100%. there's topics in here on community sites that are clean (such as the local bgwiki) and ones that have in the past been victims of such attacks. Use the sites that aren't clean, run the risks. Too bad.

you'll get your crap back eventually. kbye

you know what would be interesting, having bercus show the SE reps this SS during the interview and see what their reaction is.....

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I have no words at all to even BEGIN to describe such a thing. I know everybody goes on about how useless GMs are for anything other than providing fodder for sigs, but I never would have imagined that ANYONE could demonstrate such a callous and high-handed attitude towards the people responsible for making sure their paychecks aren't made of rubber, especially when the evidence is practically grabbing them by their nonexistent balls.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to Cypher, his friends, and every other individual (and their friends, for that matter) who has been a victim of these crimes but has not posted it publicly.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie_Asura
    you know what would be interesting, having bercus show the SE reps this SS during the interview and see what their reaction is.....

"We will look into the issue."

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie_Asura

"We will take this back to Japan with us and look into the issue."
    Fixed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

To add to the above, things that are thrown away can be re-obtained. So once he gets his account back, he can petition to have an item restore, if he's missing any rare/ex stuff.

Don't run third party programs. Run up to date virus tools. Don't click on unknown links.

And be aware that any piece of programming can be hacked. Nothing is technically safe. You just need to make things difficult enough, that scum decide you're not worth the trouble, and go on to easier things. Firefox can be broken and hacked about as easily as IE. Why isn't it? Because IE has a much large market share. Thus, if you're a cracker who's looking to do some damage, you're better off focusing on IE. It's a bit easier to hack, and you get more bang for your buck. Same thing as it relates to Macs and PCs.

Thus, I've stopped reccomending Firefox to people. All the mouth-breathers using IE, are my best defense!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast