Re: Wopa vs. Ringthree: Abj sale is serious business

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    win

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hell, even Tymoras Kaboom BLM LS been selling Mask/w/e to their own members since their establishment till today.
    Hmm, why bring Kaboom into the picture? Well, when the orb you are using belongs to another person/group, it will be unfair to the orb holder to give stuff free to your own members. Pretty much common sense.

If there is any beef I have on this, it is that Wop tried to use a <100k Ouryu run to get his Mask with an extra bargain. Perhaps the bad blood started when I rejected that. Some members didn't have the cash so some people(and heh, all of whom are in Wopaco now) suggested installments using proceeds to later runs to pay back. I removed this method of paying since it is too much trouble to keep track and impossible to be fair. Not to mention the items are now cheap enough for most.

Naonya - Fully Worked Off (5/5) - 3913342g

Noriharu - Fully Worked Off (6/5, 4 + 2 runs w/o profit) - 2262487g

Wopadobop - Considered Fully Worked Off since no longer here to pay (4/5) - 2051773g
    But letting it go since it is above 2M. This is an example of "Shady dealings from Wopa" I referred to in the drama thread I started a while back. Another example is giving himself some small extra discount on a cashmere cloth he was supposed to sell back when it was still highly priced. I let it go because it is still within a decently acceptable range(pushing it of course). Of course this undeservedly lucky taru managed to HQ. (~Cue the bragging~)

Being fleeced by Wopa isn't exactly "Oops! He took an item!" or "Oops! He took all the gil!". You have to pay attention to the numbers. A few cut corners here and there and it will add up eventually. He is an accountant after all.

A hint and an example:
    Let's say 10 BLMs can win KS99 Behemoth. But you have 2 extra members who are there.
    Available options:
    a) Ignore the 2 extra (or give some excuse to them) and go with 10
    b) Get the 2 extra and go with 12 - With less profit for all
    c) If possible, do with 9 and remove the extra 3!
    I would always choose (b) to let my members have fun. My members, especially those who helped with admin, can testify to that. And it is a common fact that Wopa will choose (a) or (c) with preference on (c). And of course, there is perfectly nothing wrong with all the options. It's just a matter of "maximizing individual profit" at the expense of some people for the the benefit of others.

Well thats that. Glad to be rid of all dealings with him.
    Or perhaps he can tell me if Kreg is still in the game. Kaboom owes him some gil.

Quote Originally Posted by wop
    I've said it before, I LIVE on their envy and spite.
    Epic Faggotry.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wopa remind me of this guy:

http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/The...urns-Excel.jpg

Evil, powerful, pathetic, intelligent, immature, rich, megalomaniac, inhuman, unkillable...almost seductive. We all hate him ...and love him too! A great picture of an uninhibited capitalist who will find perfectly normal to base his success on other's failure. And of course it wouldn't be fun if he wasn't openly enjoying it. An model of economic achievement...?

I LIVE on their envy and spite.
    Just imagine the above charracter saying that with his little maleficent laught. Looks familiar, uh.

Re: Stage 5 - Completed Relic Weapons List

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    How do u know that my team is NOT maxed on Haidate?
    If you aren't maxed on a drop and you're selling it to other people before getting them for your "team" -- with the assumption that they want said item --, you seriously don't have your priorities straight.
    Everyone in the team either :-
    has Haidate
    OR
    do not have a job that could equip Haidate so lotting it would be moot, they are coming to get a nice easy 250k for 10 mins or work.
    Think harder before you post.

Editlease try harder to research more before flaming. Thanks.
    I answered a hypothetical. I don't know you or your shell. Don't be so god damn paranoid that everyone is out to get you.

I turned down someone with a Kikoku and a Kclub for my Salvage LS.

I turned down an Aegis PLD with five fully geared useful Salvage jobs for my Salvage LS.

I turned down numerous other people that have high priced items and better gear to come to Salvage with my LS.

Why?

Because I didn't want to have to the split the drops between more people, even if everyone equally deserves it. I didn't need more people to get the job that I was doing then done, and by getting more people it would kill the profits (i.e. items) that everyone else is able to obtain.

Does this make me like wop? I don't know. Really, if it was set up that only a certain amount of people were supposed to be there, and you needed to get it done in advance, and you show up... you're throwing off some of the dynamics of the event (of which profit is the main goal in this case), so by allowing extra people to come it lowers overall profit for all those involved, and is silly especially in this case because of how few people it takes to actually do the BC. (this is if you're splitting everything, yeah, w/e)

Seriously, there's one case about making a linkshell with the idea to have fun and just do things.

Then there's another case about making a linkshell to do difficult things and profit off of it.

So I think you're really looking at wop's LS in the wrong way if you're denying the existence of a possibility of linkshell B, because there's a lot more of them than you think.

I really dont get why people think that buying ra/ex items is such a sin or even that there is anything wrong with it at all.

For example, I personally hate events like sky. So when I finally decide to get myself Heca+1 Im not going to bother with joining a sky ls, spending countless hours/weeks and waiting for my turn for drops. Im going to find a group that is willing to sell me the abj. for the items I want. It is a much more effecient use of my time imo. Same is true for certain HNM drops, after all MNKs do it all the time for BB items.

Thats just an example but Im willing to bet that most people that buy rare/ex items are not gilbuyers and that it has nothing to do with how good a player they are. Its just that they have different priorities than you might. Theres not enough time in the day to do Salvage, Nyzul Isle, Dynamis, Limbus, Sky, HNM, farm, craft, etc..etc...so you need to find out what is worth doing to you and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync

I turned down an Aegis PLD with five fully geared useful Salvage jobs for my Salvage LS.

I turned down numerous other people that have high priced items and better gear to come to Salvage with my LS.

Why?

Because I didn't want to have to the split the drops between more people, even if everyone equally deserves it. I didn't need more people to get the job that I was doing then done, and by getting more people it would kill the profits (i.e. items) that everyone else is able to obtain.

Does this make me like wop? I don't know. Really, if it was set up that only a certain amount of people were supposed to be there, and you needed to get it done in advance, and you show up... you're throwing off some of the dynamics of the event (of which profit is the main goal in this case), so by allowing extra people to come it lowers overall profit for all those involved, and is silly especially in this case because of how few people it takes to actually do the BC. (this is if you're splitting everything, yeah, w/e)

Seriously, there's one case about making a linkshell with the idea to have fun and just do things.

Then there's another case about making a linkshell to do difficult things and profit off of it.

So I think you're really looking at wop's LS in the wrong way if you're denying the existence of a possibility of linkshell B, because there's a lot more of them than you think.
    and then?
    no really, so you turned down people for your salvage shell? were they offering to buy drops or somthing cause i don't see how it fits in with wopa'ng.
    my salvage leader turns down people left and right cause we don't need people who want Usu gear with how many need Usu currrently, doesn't mean he would sell other drops. even if they aren't wanted....would have to say the ls is also a mix of friends gettinng together to have fun+profit.winwin
    on the other hand though, inviting an extra gilbuying idiot to your salvage shell could be detrimental, what if they try to jack your shell or fuck up so bad you can't complete somthing that run. but that's just 1 event I'm sure there is more where the idiots won't be too hard too control or can get invited to lot. But where does someone draw the line, of ok-to-sell and not-ok-to-sell? Or dance across the line like you were wopa'ng it. I thought SE drew the line when they made some gear non-auctionable and R/E.
    I would have to say what wopa is doing is not terribly bad, just there is no way you can tell if you sell somthing to a RMT gilbuyer or yearlong-gil-saver. Personally, I bought N. Body on my second character for a ridiculous amount of gil just because i didn't want to go through the painstaking ordeal of farming sky, again. Did i RMT the gil? No, it took 6 months to farm by chocodigging every forsaken day. And in the end i quit playing anyway. So, who is to say what wopa is wopa'ng is right or wrong, or see where to draw the line, Altana?(sorry jesus i love you still...)

Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    Quote Originally Posted by Genosync

Why?

and then?
    no really, so you turned down people for your salvage shell? were they offering to buy drops or somthing cause i don't see how it fits in with wopa'ng.
    my salvage leader turns down people left and right cause we don't need people who want Usu gear with how many need Usu currrently, doesn't mean he would sell other drops. even if they aren't wanted....would have to say the ls is also a mix of friends gettinng together to have fun+profit.winwin
    on the other hand though, inviting an extra gilbuying idiot to your salvage shell could be detrimental, what if they try to jack your shell or fuck up so bad you can't complete somthing that run. but that's just 1 event I'm sure there is more where the idiots won't be too hard too control or can get invited to lot. But where does someone draw the line, of ok-to-sell and not-ok-to-sell? Or dance across the line like you were wopa'ng it. I thought SE drew the line when they made some gear non-auctionable and R/E.
    I would have to say what wopa is doing is not terribly bad, just there is no way you can tell if you sell somthing to a RMT gilbuyer or yearlong-gil-saver. Personally, I bought N. Body on my second character for a ridiculous amount of gil just because i didn't want to go through the painstaking ordeal of farming sky, again. Did i RMT the gil? No, it took 6 months to farm by chocodigging every forsaken day. And in the end i quit playing anyway. So, who is to say what wopa is wopa'ng is right or wrong, or see where to draw the line, Altana?(sorry jesus i love you still...)
    They weren't buying drops or anything, it was me basing the same concept of "limited resources that do not need to be split up by inviting additional people" going off of that post someone was saying that they'd let the extra people who showed up for a money making event come anyway. Read the thread harder, I know you can. I mean, you only basically said the same shit in your own post that I said in mine.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse
    Wopa remind me of this guy:

http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/The...urns-Excel.jpg

Evil, powerful, pathetic, intelligent, immature, rich, megalomaniac, inhuman, unkillable...almost seductive. We all hate him ...and love him too! A great picture of an uninhibited capitalist who will find perfectly normal to base his success on other's failure. And of course it wouldn't be fun if he wasn't openly enjoying it. An model of economic achievement...?

I LIVE on their envy and spite.
    Just imagine the above charracter saying that with his little maleficent laught. Looks familiar, uh.

now that you mention it.

I know soo much about wopa , Tymora is absolutely right about what he(she) says.
    Are you female Tymora , at least u have a female char ingame.

LETS PUT SOME GASEOLINE IN THE DRAMA FIRE!

At his very beginnings Wopa used a lot of people to farm Uggalepih pendants for him.
    His sentence always was:" i need this item plz help me, i have 3 pops , if we get more than 1 you can keep and split!"
    Of course he wasnt able to stay for the second pop or third, allthough he left pop items.He took the drop said thx and went off.
    And this system worked out fine over and over again with new people that helped him get this item.
    Until there were no more. Each pendant was sold for 1,3 M by Mr. wopa himself.

I was kinda pissed when i found out , so i stopped talking to him, but i still considered him a friend.
    I always came when he asked me to come for help. i ditched parties , stopped events , stopped kings camping.
    Anything , because it was fun to do shit with him, and you forgive friends for their faults.

Wopa still owes me gil, i was away from the game for 3 months due to my new job trial time, i wasnt able to check out my sentbox which he always filled perfectly and reliable with my share, he never stole money or anything else. But i guess he wanted to forget that he owed me my share of 1,7 M for cashmere thread from our last 2 baha runs.
    I asked him if he sent me the gil , he said yes i sent the gil to you ( which he probably took back cause i was away for too long). I didnt want trouble so i never mentioned it again.Because there was more money to make instead of making trouble for only 1,7M.
    Then 7 days after my return his ls-members-officer "Redshift-the-moron" ( allakazam forums troll ) accused me of stealing B. mask from the ls and never showing up.
    I obtained a B. mask but i was never a member of the ls when i got it, i applied 2 months afterwards to the ls and was accepted by the former officer "Wembly" she is a story for herself. ( That story comes with the next drama )^^

Yes i got a B. mask and i am fine with wopa, i dont want him to give me the money he owes me.
    I just want you to know wopa , your fucking asshat of officer kicked me out of the ls , because he accused me of stealing an item , which was free lot when i wasnt even a member of the ls.

Therefore "Redshift-the-moron" i stick to my words told you, you have a sandy vagina and i never stole shit from wopals.
    Redmoron you broke my pearl without a proven reason, you didnt even talk to me before you broke it.
    The only /tell that i got after a /t Redshift wtf why did u break my pearl?
    was:
    Well i had to break it , you didnt show up after u stole B.mask.

Here is the proof:

http://home.arcor.de/sepuku999/bahamutmask1.jpg
    http://home.arcor.de/sepuku999/bahamutmask.jpg

I hope you read this Redmoron, i never stole shit from wopals, now rot in hell idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Debate is fucking retarded. If you don't want wopa selling gaiters, abjurations and so on, claim and kill shit before his LS gets there. If you're too slow, tough fucking shit.

Exactly, I don't see why this concept is so difficult to grasp. It makes me laugh when I see people all across the board pointing fingers and blaming other people for their inability to A) Fund a relic or to B) Claim. I'm sorry, but to me this seems for like this is aimed at Wopa out of pure spite or resentment, both of which could be an underlying reason.

Not giving other linkshells a chance to experience a particualr fight because its the right thing to do? lol @ moral logistics coming into play into a competition between 2 or more groups of competitive people. If someone's self righteous, ethical compass goes off at the slightest fucking waft of competition then perhaps MMO's aren't your calling. For that matter life may not being your calling if you want everything handed to you and for everyone to play fair.

I must say, the "if you're getting money and I can't get a slice of the pie" argument did make me lol. I hadn't heard that in quite a long time. I for one have had many dealings with Wopa over the years and not once has there been anything remotely "weird" or "shady" going on behind the scenes. Speaking of which, I couldn't even give him spare Relic currency without him insisting on paying (I didn't need the money), or him offering to do Bahamut fights or my KS orbs for free, or for a very small fee if I had friends at the time that needed it. I have to admit though, of all of the "Wopa is evil" thread is see and read this one is by far and away the most comical.

None of the afore mentioned examples are directed towards any particular person per se, it is more of a post of observational musings from this thread. Wopa you seem to have this hate festering shit storm that follows you around lol, what the hell is that about dude?
    I applaud you for writing more than "lol" for once Mizango, bravo!

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't mostly care what others do with their drops because it's their shit in the 1st place to sell. Generally tho I didn't like it on Fairy when the JPs cockblocked the HNM camps before the claim/rage update so bad that no real NA shell could even hope to get a foothold on anything.

Oh and if you did want the gear bad enough they were willing to sell you Abjurations/Ridill/Ect for a hefty price. I hated it when the JPs did it and it was nice to see them literally pushed the fuck out of the zones to the point that they only show up whenever there's a full moon.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Pandy's got some pretty good dramas

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko
    Pandy's got some pretty good dramas
    UAV is airborne!

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dammit Royal lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

And that post STILL contained a lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia
    Quote Originally Posted by Ploid
    Selling Rare/ex stuff to people that will never get it other wise is taboo in ffxi, but I find what this guy did very cleaver and more power to him for making gil.
    will never get it other wise is taboo in ffxi, but I find what this guy did very cleaver and more power to him for
    taboo in ffxi, but I find what this guy did very cleaver and more power
    what this guy did very cleaver and
    very cleaver and
    cleaver
    cleaver
    http://www.ahpco.com/images/products/8_7-cleaver.gif

Well, I thought I was being cleaver.
    New emoticon it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko
    It's like every few months there's another thread involving the OP for cock blocking, or blatantly showing off at the expense of the topic.
    Fight fire with fire because the Pandy people that posted here (Y hello there Kupo) have the mentality of "Cockblocking others from drops >>>> Drops worth". So who's the bad guy here?

Besides, do I really care about them NOT liking me? I have more than enough friends here both JP and NA side make up for these people.
    I've said it before, I LIVE on their envy and spite.

So yea, carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolwop
    I have more than enough friends here both JP and NA side make up for these people.
    You take flaunting to a whole new level. I bet you don't need anyone to give you any compliments, do you? You seem to have that handled quite well all by yourself!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cleaver icons please!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Debate is fucking retarded. If you don't want wopa selling gaiters, abjurations and so on, claim and kill shit before his LS gets there. If you're too slow, tough fucking shit.

Exactly, I don't see why this concept is so difficult to grasp. It makes me laugh when I see people all across the board pointing fingers and blaming other people for their inability to A) Fund a relic or to B) Claim. I'm sorry, but to me this seems for like this is aimed at Wopa out of pure spite or resentment, both of which could be an underlying reason.

Not giving other linkshells a chance to experience a particualr fight because its the right thing to do? lol @ moral logistics coming into play into a competition between 2 or more groups of competitive people. If someone's self righteous, ethical compass goes off at the slightest fucking waft of competition then perhaps MMO's aren't your calling. For that matter life may not being your calling if you want everything handed to you and for everyone to play fair.

I must say, the "if you're getting money and I can't get a slice of the pie" argument did make me lol. I hadn't heard that in quite a long time. I for one have had many dealings with Wopa over the years and not once has there been anything remotely "weird" or "shady" going on behind the scenes. Speaking of which, I couldn't even give him spare Relic currency without him insisting on paying (I didn't need the money), or him offering to do Bahamut fights or my KS orbs for free, or for a very small fee if I had friends at the time that needed it. I have to admit though, of all of the "Wopa is evil" thread is see and read this one is by far and away the most comical.

None of the afore mentioned examples are directed towards any particular person per se, it is more of a post of observational musings from this thread. Wopa you seem to have this hate festering shit storm that follows you around lol, what the hell is that about dude?
    Because I am Montgomery Burns reincarnate!
    But seriously, even I lol'd at that Mr. Burns pic. hehehehe

And to Sepuku claiming I "stole" his 1.7M / 18 members ~ 94,444gils from Bahamut or w/e, I totally have no recollection of owing anyone any gils. I've handled over 200M sales and do you really think I would con you 94k? As far as I am concerned, I owe no one any gils.
    Besides, you won lot on the Bahamut Mask that run, and if you remembered correctly, people that win rare/ex item do not get a share from that orb. God, it's been so long, as every sales without any outstanding amounts, I only keep track for 3 months before I bin them.

I'll send you your 94k today just for pitiful sake then if you are really insisting I steal it. LOL

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast