+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Parents pick prayer over doc, daughter dies..

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gy_F ... QD8VLUSO01

Seriously though, I know I am not the best person to tolerate religious bullshit, but isnt there supposed to be a point where parenting instinct kicks in and you value the life of your children over superstition? And the worst part is they dont think that anything was done wrong and it was just "her time", and they are safe from the law due to following gods will.

Cant there be a test to breeding.

Re: Parents pick prayer over doc, daughter dies..

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gy_FocuLcPyslOqVeaOFan8yo7eQD8VLUSO01

Seriously though, I know I am not the best person to tolerate religious bullshit, but isnt there supposed to be a point where parenting instinct kicks in and you value the life of your children over superstition? And the worst part is they dont think that anything was done wrong and it was just "her time", and they are safe from the law due to following gods will.

Cant there be a test to breeding.
    Like an IQ test?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Happens often.. I know Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe blood transfusions are acceptable so they will choose death over a life-saving transfusion sometimes. What are you going to do, oh well.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Reminds me of that story where the parents were super vegans and gave their baby soy milk and the baby died of malnutrition or something like that.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

If there was a test for breeding, they definitely failed it. Too bad it happened after the child was born.

Do the laws covering child neglect cover death by religious ignorance?

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

The Neumanns said they moved from California to a modern, middle-class home in woodsy Weston, just outside Wassau in central Wisconsin, about two years ago to open a coffee shop and be closer to other relatives. A basketball hoop is set up in the driveway.

I don't know why but I laughed when I read this part. It just seemed so out of place...

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Slapper
    Reminds me of that story where the parents were super vegans and gave their baby soy milk and the baby died of malnutrition or something like that.
    That was an episode of Dr House, and the baby didn't die >_>

---

Religious people value the safety of their children and family and do anything to protect it. The people in said article are just extreme versions of whatever religion they're representing, and whoever is leading them/preaching should teach them that it's wrong to let a child suffer in the world. Prayer might help everyone's stress relief, but it isn't going to save their child, and it's hardly gods will for parents to be ignorant of their children's needs.

Miracles happen every single day, in the form of modern medicine, people of the prophet's day and such would kill to have meds we do, but the blinded faithful think they're going to pray sickness away and it'll dissapear, it's very sad.

I feel bad for the children being born into this blind fuck hole of a place we call a world

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

---

Religious people value the safety of their children and family and do anything to protect it. The people in said article are just extreme versions of whatever religion they're representing, and whoever is leading them/preaching should teach them that it's wrong to let a child suffer in the world. Prayer might help everyone's stress relief, but it isn't going to save their child, and it's hardly gods will for parents to be ignorant of their children's needs.

Miracles happen every single day, in the form of modern medicine, people of the prophet's day and such would kill to have meds we do, but the blinded faithful think they're going to pray sickness away and it'll dissapear, it's very sad.
    to be fair, he said it was a story

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

---

Didn't die on TV but the baby, Crown Shakur, did die in real life.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/13286030/detail.html

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

All they had to do was breastfeed the kid, what a waste.

---

I would add medicines and modern medical treatments to the list of "things mankind got from research, hard work, and the scientific method" rathar than "miracles" Q.Q

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Any rational individual would seek medical help. I mean, yeah I'm a Catholic, but I know God is not gonna save my ass, or turn my water into wine, etc. every time I find myself in a precarious situation. I was given the ability to reason to yada yada yada, the end.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra

---

I would add medicines and modern medical treatments to the list of "things mankind got from research, hard work, and the scientific method" rathar than "miracles" Q.Q
    I was being semi sarcastic there. People who are super religious want miracles, and well, those medicines perform those miracles

Wanna cure a cold? Done! Wanna remove that fever? Done! Want pain relief? Done! etc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Sounds vaguely like this joke:

A man of faith was stranded on the roof of his house as flood waters were rising. Before long a large truck drove up to his home, and the driver leaned out of his window and yelled "hop into the back, I'll get you out of here." The man replied "no, that's ok, God will save me." The driver shrugged and drove off. The waters rose further, and a little while later a man in a boat cruised by his house. "Hop in" the man said, "I can give you a ride to a safe spot." Once again the man declined, with the explanation, "no thank you, I have faith that God will save me." More time passes, and the flood has almost breached the roof line, when a helicopter flies overhead and drops a rope ladder down. "Climb up!" a man on a bullhorn yelled down at him. "NO THANKS, GOD WILL SAVE ME!" yelled the man back up at the helicopter.

The flood waters eventually crest over the roof, and the man drowns and dies. As he stands before god, exasperated he asks "why didn't you save me? I had complete faith in you!" God looks at the man and says, "what the hell do you want from me? I sent you a truck, a boat, and a freakin' helicopter for crying out loud!"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads
    Sounds vaguely like this joke:

A man of faith was stranded on the roof of his house as flood waters were rising. Before long a large truck drove up to his home, and the driver leaned out of his window and yelled "hop into the back, I'll get you out of here." The man replied "no, that's ok, God will save me." The driver shrugged and drove off. The waters rose further, and a little while later a man in a boat cruised by his house. "Hop in" the man said, "I can give you a ride to a safe spot." Once again the man declined, with the explanation, "no thank you, I have faith that God will save me." More time passes, and the flood has almost breached the roof line, when a helicopter flies overhead and drops a rope ladder down. "Climb up!" a man on a bullhorn yelled down at him. "NO THANKS, GOD WILL SAVE ME!" yelled the man back up at the helicopter.

The flood waters eventually crest over the roof, and the man drowns and dies. As he stands before god, exasperated he asks "why didn't you save me? I had complete faith in you!" God looks at the man and says, "what the hell do you want from me? I sent you a truck, a boat, and a freakin' helicopter for crying out loud!"
    "If you do things right, no one will think that you did anything at all."

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    "If you do things right, no one will think that you did anything at all."
    That episode was awesome.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It was a part of Gods plan, he never makes mistakes....

*snicker *snicker

They would be better served had they tried to summon the healing powers from Red Riding hood or from Murray the magical Manatee. I mean it couldn't have hurt right?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Wanna cure a cold? Done!
    http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/767...2957952vz7.jpg

Old Merits
    BG Level

---
    No, I remember I read an article about it. HERE AT BG!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast