+ Reply to Thread
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Mr. Game and Watch's special property

I noticed something during a Mr. Game and Watch vs. Captain Falcon match I just had.

Mr. Game and Watch's uair has the property of pushing enemies upwards, even if he isn't touching them! There appears to be quite a bit of range to it, although enemies who are on the tip of the range get pushed very little. I noticed this when I tried to uair and C.Falcon tried to d+b. It levitated him long enough for the move to be midair too long and not hit me!

This alone improves Mr. Game and Watch. I can the potential to literally jump up to enemies who are too far up and actually pushing them off into a stage KO (Using his Fire special, he can jump up VERY high). It can also keep those pesky Toon Link's who like to dair straight into you away if you do it right.

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Re: Mr. Game and Watch's special property

Falco can do it, too, but not as effectively.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Akanei
    With which attack? This is news to me.

yeah, I knew about this but didn't think much of it. I KO'd a person with it before but it was a metaknight who kept fluttering upwards without thinking.

your G&W fucked me up big time. you're the first person I have played who even plays him besides me. I can see how people get pissed off at me now lol

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

Quote Originally Posted by Thulius
    Quote Originally Posted by Akanei
    With which attack? This is news to me.
    N-Air, I think? It doesn't really push up as much as it makes people above you float a little bit.

Edit: I really don't play Falco, personally; I only know one friend who does and he did it to me, twice.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thanks Arvin. Game and Watch REALLY surprised me, he's SO strong now.

Really. Who needs three dimensions anyway?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Metah
    Thanks Arvin. Game and Watch REALLY surprised me, he's SO strong now.

Really. Who needs three dimensions anyway?
    I used to play him in Melee and now I don't know why I don't use him now that he's so strong. I have to say though the Forward Smash is clearly bullshit. WHY IS IT SO GOOD!?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Online or off? If you mean online it's because by the time you see the front smash readying it's already connected, lag or not it has 2 frames so by the time you try to hit your shield button it's already too late (unless you're playing really late at night). Offline it's perfectly fine and easy to react to.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

2 frames is not enough to react to no matter where you are playing.. that's like 1/30th of a second or something ridic like that. Maybe if you predict..

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    2 frames is not enough to react to no matter where you are playing.. that's like 1/30th of a second or something ridic like that. Maybe if you predict..
    I should have said 2 frames of animation, not 2 actual frames. The point was more that it's not a move that has a set startup animation so you can see it flow and block in time, by the time the match stick is out you're already fucked.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I dunno, even tapping c-stick forward has quite a bit of delay in contrast to other characters with his forward smash. But, his forward smash stays out REALLY long. I've tried to fsmash a few people who dodged but, but then ran back into it because it stayed out so long :\.

But his uair appears to have like a... fan shaped effect to it. I was playing Decillion's Kirby. He tried to Stone me, but I used Uair beside him, and it would push him off the stage. Decillion didn't die of course cause he just unstoned then flew back up, lol. But its really cool what you can pull off with it.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin
    yeah, I knew about this but didn't think much of it. I KO'd a person with it before but it was a metaknight who kept fluttering upwards without thinking.

your G&W fucked me up big time. you're the first person I have played who even plays him besides me. I can see how people get pissed off at me now lol
    yeah.. your G&W always messed with me so much. i used him randomly against a friend and totally destroyed him.. G&W is so interesting in brawl. especially since you can make him bright blue lol