Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: French PlayOnline client?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

French PlayOnline client?

Does anyone know of a French PlayOnline torrent or download? I'd really like to play in French, but being the US, I can't exactly order it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Re: French PlayOnline client?

Since Kurgan posted the "official" download link for US POL here, this link
    http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/poleu/setup.exe
    should give you the EU POL version ^^

Hurray! Thanks!

I do still have a problem though...
    When I hit CTRL on my MacBook keyboard, I run/hit enter/actually bring up my macros randomly... It didn't do this before when I played on the NA version. Is there some setting I need to fix?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seitzer's Saga
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just to know, Illuminatus, have you ever been on Siren server?

If so, looooooooooooooooong time no see! ^^

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

How does it work ? You just have to install the EU POL and your game will be in french ? No need to install the whole game in EU ?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

you can install all 3 POL versions (JP, EU and US) on one PC and and "registry-hack" them all to a single ffxi installation. not a hard thing, you just have to find the POL-folder in your registry and adapt/copy the ffxi folder values over from the language version you installed it with.

POL is the only part that regulates the IG language, the .dats for all languages are already on your hdd ^^ (whereas the EU POL is the only one where you can select a language, english, german or french)

Slightly offtopic: Is there a way to change the payment informations (CC, address and stuff) on a NA account, while using the EU or JP clients and viceversa?

A friend of mine who doesn't post here has recently got a hold of a NA account, however he's always played with the EU version of the game and wouldn't know how to keep the aforementioned account alive once the old CC runs out of money (which will happen very soon), since thus far he hasn't been able to manage the payment info from his EU POL (it gives a weird error even if the password and the ID are indeed correct, he can still log-in and play just fine from his POL though). HLEP.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Thanks a lot for your answer Chibi, i'll try that later when I get home

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain
    Slightly offtopic: Is there a way to change the payment informations (CC, address and stuff) on a NA account, while using the EU or JP clients and viceversa?

A friend of mine who doesn't post here has recently got a hold of a NA account, however he's always played with the EU version of the game and wouldn't know how to keep the aforementioned account alive once the old CC runs out of money (which will happen very soon), since thus far he hasn't been able to manage the payment info from his EU POL (it gives a weird error even if the password and the ID are indeed correct, he can still log-in and play just fine from his POL though). HLEP.
    didn't try it myself, but heard from other ppl that editing those things (cc data, personal account info etc) is indeed bound to the fitting POL version the account belongs to. so your friend will have to install US POL to edit it ^^;