+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flash help prease...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Flash help prease...

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to ask, but I'm in need of a little help. My girlfriend is a student teacher, and she wants to make an interactive flash application for her kindergarten class. It's something I'd think would be very simple, but I'm not sure where to start, as my experience with Flash is very limited.

Basically, she wants to create a pie chart that is divided with 22 sections. The students will be given two options, a "Yes" and a "No." Yes will be Blue and No will be Red. She'll be using a SMART board, which is basically a touch-screen device, that the students can walk up, and pick the color for yes or no, based on their decision, and then touch the pie chart, and it will fill in a piece for them with their color choice. It seems simple enough, but as I'm a Flash dummy, I can't help her. I'm hoping someone here can! If you can't make it, could you point me where I should look for help?

If you guys decide to make it, could you make it so that once the circle is completely colored, it will arrange the chart so that it shows all the slices of one color next to each other? Perhaps even show a ratio of how many picked "Yes" or "No"?

Sorry to be asking for such random help, but you guys are the smartest I know! Thanks again!

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Re: Flash help prease...

My girlfriend is a student teacher, and she wants me to make an interactive flash application for her kindergarten class so I'm asking BG to make one for me so I can score points with her. It's something I'd think would be very simple, but I'm not sure where to start, as my experience with Flash is very limited.
    My recommendation is to look up some basic Flash sites and directions on how to use Flash with a SMART board... it doesn't sound all that hard to learn to do, to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    My girlfriend is a student teacher, and she wants me to make an interactive flash application for her kindergarten class so I'm asking BG to make one for me so I can score points with her. It's something I'd think would be very simple, but I'm not sure where to start, as my experience with Flash is very limited.
    My recommendation is to look up some basic Flash sites and directions on how to use Flash with a SMART board... it doesn't sound all that hard to learn to do, to be honest...
    Actually, I found a good tutorial on how to make a "coloring book" type application, which I'll be using, once I get through downloading the application.

And I don't need to score points with her. We live together. I just like helping her out when I can.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://www.w3schools.com/flash/default.asp

http://www.w3schools.com is a really good site for anyone wanting to learn basic programming languages from the get go. You can read the manuals on the left margin, yet actually see your work as you are doing it on the right hand panel.

Our programming department uses it to test applicants and even to brush up on lost or forgotten skills. Good luck!