Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The End of Ric Flair     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Re: The End of Ric Flair

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    lol, was more than a year ago. And yeah, how dumb was that!

Seriously though I don't hate it, I just can't get myself to watch it anymore. I already said this in another thread we had here a few weeks ago, but ever since the raw/sd split wwe sucked. It just became unbearable lately.
    I agree WWE sucks, TNA sucks (though to me, it sucks a little less than WWE so I watch it primarily). If you want good wrestling, its best to stick with Japan and Mexico. If you want good American wrestling, buy Ring of Honor tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus

You make it sound like I think everything in the WWE is real, just like Mayweather standing a snowball's chance in hell against BigShow
    I saw the commercial a few days ago. Had a hearty lol at the part where Bigshow puts his hand up to Mayweather's face and it's easily close to the same size.
    Fight was possibly the worst form of entertainment I've seen in recent memory, jesus. Even the crowd was relatively quiet throughout the whole shitfest. It's on google if anyone wants to waste 12 minutes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kang

Seriously though I don't hate it, I just can't get myself to watch it anymore. I already said this in another thread we had here a few weeks ago, but ever since the raw/sd split wwe sucked. It just became unbearable lately.
    I agree WWE sucks, TNA sucks (though to me, it sucks a little less than WWE so I watch it primarily). If you want good wrestling, its best to stick with Japan and Mexico. If you want good American wrestling, buy Ring of Honor tapes.
    I kind of lost interest in the actual matches a couple of years ago... I was primarily watching raw, and primarily watching it for the storyline (I had a break but when dx came back I watched for a while until both of them got injured >.>, then it got boring again.)

I used to watch TNA back when it was on PPV (yay irc), but i've lost interest since it they moved to spike and actually got a tv slot.
    Guess I just outgrew it... I did enjoy it a lot when I was younger though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kang

I kind of lost interest in the actual matches a couple of years ago... I was primarily watching raw, and primarily watching it for the storyline (I had a break but when dx came back I watched for a while until both of them got injured >.>, then it got boring again.)

I used to watch TNA back when it was on PPV (yay irc), but i've lost interest since it they moved to spike and actually got a tv slot.
    Guess I just outgrew it... I did enjoy it a lot when I was younger though.
    TNA's early X Division matches on the weekly ppv's is what kept them alive during the early years. Sadly, that's not their focus anymore. WWE is trying to get back on the right track but not with John Cena, everyone hates him. The writers need to stop trying to make him look cute in his promos. That's not how the fans came to cheer for him in his original thug heel run with B2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cena isn't as cool as he was like 4-6 years ago, he's just annoying now. Most of the wwe roster is annoying, mainly why they're not interesting anymore. That and they kept reusing storylines from like 2004 when I stopped watching, it was like watching the same shit with different characters.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Flair is like 53-55 years old. If he's smart he will stay out of the ring. With a career like his, where he has fought the best and been through all the worst types of matchs, his body is just dying for some rest and long term healing.

SF Fan circa 1988
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rakiel Kanan
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bye Ric, thanks for the entertainment (even though I stopped watching wrestling years ago) :D

...and thanks for the Figure 4 leglock, my little sister LOVED that shit when we were in elementary school

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    Shawn Michaels pulled the trigger on the legacy of Ric Flair last night, pinning him 1,2,3 for the final time.
    Just like the other 12 final times right?

Wrestling is like comic books, and owen hart is bucky (or was bucky since that rule changed the second even bucky came back).
    You make it sound like I think everything in the WWE is real, just like Mayweather standing a snowball's chance in hell against BigShow

anywho, great man, one of those guys that you'd love to see in real life. i'd probably never wash my hand if he shook it.
    Flair is awesome, I got my pic taken with him last year (he was at best buy in NY for an autograph signing of one of his movies - which i have signed too IF YOU WANNA WALK THAT AISLE, YOU GOTTA STYLE AND PROFILE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    owen hart is bucky (or was bucky since that rule changed the second even bucky came back).
    Uncle Ben.

Well, considering how One More Day went... I don't know anymore.

He is still dead.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    IF YOU WANNA WALK THAT AISLE, YOU GOTTA STYLE AND PROFILE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHEEL'N DEAL'N, KISS STEAL'N, LIMOSINE RIDE'N SON OF A GUN!!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Man, I hope to god this isn't some early April Fools' joke and he's just going to come back later. He was great and all, but jesus. He's so old and I'm happy he's hanging up the tights/boots. He was great for the "sport", but there comes a time when you just need to stop.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

He's done. For months he had been giving it consideration, and talked to Vince about making it into a storyline. He planned all along to go out at Wrestlemania and wanted HBK to do it. HBK for the longest time refused and finally gave in and agreed to be the one to end the career. If you watched the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, you could see how emotional Flair was when he talked about his legacy and how he wished he could have wrestled Triple H for the title when he was at his best. I never really like Flair, but gotta give the man credit, he could perform with the best of them, and was damn entertaining on the mic.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Wrestling sucks now compared to what it used to be, but that wrestlemania was pretty fun to watch.

WWE is also probably going to be successful for a very long time, even though aren't as successful now as they used to be. There will always be young kids that will be in to it and you'll always have those people that have been watching it since they were kids. If you ever go to a live event, lots of the people there don't even watch wrestling, but they only go because they watched it when they were kids too.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

How old is Ric Flair now? 60?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That's a Carolina Hurricanes Goal!!! Woooo woooo woooo!!!!

Yeah, those of us that go see the Canes at the Big ATM won't be missing out on Ric Flair.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4x-fdJv7znQ

there's nothing after the first 30 secs of the vid >.>

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G4LWeznR4bk

Shawn Michaels pulled the trigger on the legacy of Ric Flair last night, pinning him 1,2,3 for the final time.

Now I don't watch wrestling much anymore, but damn Flair was one of the best in the industry. You will be missed.
    The best at what? Acting?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Now I don't watch wrestling much anymore, but damn Flair was one of the best in the industry. You will be missed.
    Protip: they're actors, you shithead

Edit: @ Norelco, GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES

So to all the anti wrestling people... why do you insist on the effort of trying to convince us wrestling folk we shouldn't watch what we love?

Its not like I go and tell you to quit playing FFXI because you guys are all nerds LOL. So leave me and my wrestling alone just like I can't convince someone to leave FFXI you can't convince wrestling fans that what we watch is stupid.

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/iloveyouux4_1808.gif
    "I'm sorry... I love you"

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ushallbeasgods
    So to all the anti wrestling people... why do you insist on the effort of trying to convince us wrestling folk we shouldn't watch what we love?

Its not like I go and tell you to quit playing FFXI because you guys are all nerds LOL. So leave me and my wrestling alone just like I can't convince someone to leave FFXI you can't convince wrestling fans that what we watch is stupid.

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/iloveyouux4_1808.gif
    Because everyone here plays FFXI

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ushallbeasgods
    You like what you want to like, but "the end of Ric Flair" is hilarious. You damn well know he's coming back eventually like every other retirement match. It's the wrestling fans that are trying to convince people, not the other way around.