BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Boss Battles: Intense

Ok for starters you can't use the golden hammer on this apparently. I don't know why you can't but whatever. Also the bosses seem to get harder the more you do. That aside, duon + rayquaza are the gayest to fight. I'm having a lot of difficult with both of them, using Charizard. The pirana is hard too, but I found spamming Razor Leaf to be alot safer, although it's really slow.

I havn't even gotten to Tabuu yet, despite me doing this for a very long time. One of the strategies I never see mentioned is... when he does his super rape thing you have to OMGDOGE.. just use Pokemon Change. It's long enough to completely avoid all the blasts. <.<

Anyway anyone have any good tips? Rayquaza and Duon give me the most trouble with their massive HP and gay attacks. I tried spamming Razor Leaf on porky but he's too fast and not as safe as it is with the pirana.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: Boss Battles: Intense

I use Charizard on everyone, so:

Petey Pihrana: Really easy once you get the timing. Never roll when he swipes at you, shortjump and airdodge or sidestep. I always fight the left cage, since when you start you can just hit back and B to Rock Smash it instantly. When he jumps, airdodge.

Duon: Just run in and rocksmash repeadiately. I usually come out with ~40%. If he shoots missiles at you, guide them towards him and airdodge or shield so he'll get caught in the blast radius.

Rayquaza: This guy is annoying. Just play defensively and Rock Smash/f+a when safe. If his eyes glow, shortjump and airdodge. If he goes offscreen and tries to dash at you from the side, jump up and fastfall down so he goes over you. If unable to, airdodge it while moving towards him.

That's all I got. For Tabuu, I've gotten close to beating him but still keep failing on Intense.

I used charizard as well, I think its key to take as little damage as possible from the easy bosses because duon and ray will probably hit you at some point. For duon, I think I pretty much just bum rushed him and hoped for the best, dodging the melee atacks from the blue side isnt too bad, and if you face the purple side just have it suicide itself even if you have to take damage. For Ray you really just have to focus on dodging and learn his patterns. I think you have time for around 2 Rock Smashes before you need to roll out or dodge to avoid his tail swipe thing, his projectile you can see coming so it shouldnt be an issue, keep dashing when hes going in and out of the ground for those attacks, and dodge his horizontal flying attacks. Honestly it took me a million tries too and requires a good lineup of bosses and them not using their best attacks on you in a row so you can kill them fast enough with rock smash. You'll get to tabuu eventually just dont mess up on him heh.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Personally I used Metaknight. Spam n-air for damage, just a matter of learning how to dodge which attacks. For petey you can stay in the air right between a cage and his face and never get hit by the cage swinging, the jumps are easy to see coming and dodge. Duon and rayquaza were the toughest ones for me too, so there's not much I can help with there other than hope you get lucky and they show up early.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You can't use Golden hammers on any of the boss battles challenges. Save them for the Cruel Brawl challenges >< (KO 10? Yeah right.)

It's a lot easier to make Duon hit himself with his missiles if you just jump behind him and guide them to him. The air dodging right in front of his could wind up getting you hit.

Basically practice practice practice. After a while you start to learn the rhythms of each boss. I learned them by that recent stint with collecting their trophies in SSE. I did Rayquaza so many times I can beat him with only getting hit once or twice on intense.

And Pit's mirror shield and arrow spam really makes boss battles easy.

cruel brawl can be cheesed by any character with multiple jumps

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Yeah, cruel brawl is easy once you get the jumps down lol. I rather use a hammer on boss battles with every character orz

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have most every other challenge beat except this one, so I really don't have anything else to hit with the hammer (I'm just missing 100 hours of brawl etc, but that'll come eventually). What's the point of having a hammer if you can't hit the hard shit. :/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I wasted my first 2 hammers...I didn't know what they were for and just used it on random shit

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Someone explain this "how to cheese cruel brawl" thing to me. I'm missing out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    Someone explain this "how to cheese cruel brawl" thing to me. I'm missing out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPTo_e5Un2M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXnMlRhYa2Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQcUNqQ2pY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdNioE9dfgs

etc.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I used Peach for Cruel Brawl. I jumped off the side and grabbed onto the edge, then just did a fast fall off of it and then parasol'ed back onto the ledge over and over. Eventually they'll fall/jump off and kill themselves. I think it took like... 10 minutes ish to get 10 to f'k up and fall, but it worked.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm trying to collect the other boss trophies, and I think Duon is harder than any Tabuu I've fought on Intense. The Pink side is easier to deal with, but that melee blue side always uppercuts me to death. Annoys the hell out of me.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Kobb
    I'm trying to collect the other boss trophies, and I think Duon is harder than any Tabuu I've fought on Intense. The Pink side is easier to deal with, but that melee blue side always uppercuts me to death. Annoys the hell out of me.
    Just stay away from him then. Whenever he switches to blue I just wait at the other end of the stage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_i0TrMZRYw
    that was pretty awesome, and so are some of his other videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUrjCZjOy4

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_i0TrMZRYw
    that was pretty awesome, and so are some of his other videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUrjCZjOy4
    Yeah my friend tells me that this guy also has a hacked version of Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and he does stuff like fight 6 Roxases at the same time on Proud mode or some such thing.

And also, more on topic. I'm discovering that Lucas can easily breeze through a lot of fights on Boss Battles. PK Freeze dishes out a lot more damage than I had original imagined. It seems to move faster than Ness's PK Flash. On top of that, it's relatively safe to spam because of the distance it has, and his down air and neutral air really tear through the HP on bosses. And finally, Lucas can absorb Master hand's bullet attack and Duon's pink lasers to heal himself. It's kinda cheap, but if all you wanna do is pass that challenge, then you may wanna give him a try.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

A little piece of advice for Tabuu. Don't go after him when he's teleporting. at all. I just tried that and he did that thing where everytime he reappears he explodes and KO'd me at 30% ><

Throwing my controller against the fucking wall brb.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's kinda cheap, but if all you wanna do is pass that challenge, then you may wanna give him a try.
    But then you cant be cheap and avoid Tabuu's ring attack by using Pokemon Switch.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    It's kinda cheap, but if all you wanna do is pass that challenge, then you may wanna give him a try.
    But then you cant be cheap and avoid Tabuu's ring attack by using Pokemon Switch.
    After a bit of practice, dodging that is no big deal. Just shield and down on the stick 3 times in a row with proper timing.